• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Would there be any interest in starting a google drive doc which I would keep track of all the bets in detail?

I know there is one on the forums, but I don't particularly like the forum layout.

I'm pretty active in this thread, but I'm mainly looking to see if people would actually like to see it and also help out as well with just posting if bets do take place somewhere.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Would there be any interest in starting a google drive doc which I would keep track of all the bets in detail?

I know there is one on the forums, but I don't particularly like the forum layout.

I'm pretty active in this thread, but I'm mainly looking to see if people would actually like to see it and also help out as well with just posting if bets do take place somewhere.
Here's one to get you started that I remembered from a few podcasts ago. Kyle bet Damiani that Final Fantasy 16 will not have a character creator in it. If it does, Damiani gets to make Kyle's character. If it does not, Kyle will make a full-size printout of the main character and Damiani must keep it on his bedroom wall for a full year, which will be proven via nightly SnapChats that Damiani must send to Kyle.

Timestamped link (12:12):

Oct 25, 2017
Here's one to get you started that I remembered from a few podcasts ago. Kyle bet Damiani that Final Fantasy 16 will not have a character creator in it. If it does, Damiani gets to make Kyle's character. If it does not, Kyle will make a full-size printout of the main character and Damiani must keep it on his bedroom wall for a full year, which will be proven via nightly SnapChats that Damiani must send to Kyle.

Timestamped link (12:12):

Ok, cool. I'll get on it. Right now I literally stole the text from the other forum word for word. It is not permanent, I just wanted to get the format down first. How does everything look here.

Look right now is TEMPORARY. I'll spruce it up. Mainly just wondering about if I'm missing an colums or anything like that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15w95GEhmeT2AwDU6HMxhB_NAyaV7imi_5PhqMODp61k/edit#gid=0

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, cool. I'll get on it. Right now I literally stole the text from the other forum word for word. It is not permanent, I just wanted to get the format down first. How does everything look here.

Look right now is TEMPORARY. I'll spruce it up. Mainly just wondering about if I'm missing an colums or anything like that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15w95GEhmeT2AwDU6HMxhB_NAyaV7imi_5PhqMODp61k/edit#gid=0
That looks good to me. And yeah, I'll try to post anymore that I remember, or any that happen in the future that I catch. Bets are one of my favorite things about EZA, so I like this idea haha.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the EZA content I consume (and it's plenty) I never really checked out the revamped community stream. Based on some chatter here and hearing from Schmuck that he submitted a song I decided to check it out and have it play as I grind for Dante gear in MHW. Really good stuff! The revamped format is an improvement from the old one for sure. Good creativity and variety overall.

Might try to add that to the rotation moving forward as fun background listening

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Of all the EZA content I consume (and it's plenty) I never really checked out the revamped community stream. Based on some chatter here and hearing from Schmuck that he submitted a song I decided to check it out and have it play as I grind for Dante gear in MHW. Really good stuff! The revamped format is an improvement from the old one for sure. Good creativity and variety overall.

Might try to add that to the rotation moving forward as fun background listening

I always try to atleast watch the videos at the end. Lots of good stuff in there. I think last month they had someone do a sea shanty rendition of the love and respect song.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Great work! It looks nice and clean, and the youtube timestamps are a godsend. Don't see the Hat in Time bet (Ben's Buck Bumble rap) but has that been wrapped up already? idk

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
So how did y'all end up feeling about Halo MCC on the last group stream?
Loved it. Wish they got some more matches in before switching to dk. What made it work was you could tell they were having fun playing the game and a lot had a lot of history on which maps, modes, etc they enjoyed. Them saying they could play it all day was a level of enthusiasm while playing a game selected that I haven't seen in a while. Playing Donkey Kong tropical freeze was fun for just getting don to play the game some. Since it's gotta be the most frequently streamed game they've done on the Tuesday night streams

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I super enjoyed it. They all are familiar with shooters and it allowed 4 players at once. The game(s) itself were whatever to watch, but their banter while playing was entertaining. If anything I hope they play more FPSes because of that.
They mentioned wanting to do a 4v4 LAN during Easy Livin during one of the later matches too.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
That stigma about Only Japan is BS.

The Allies clearly love Halo... I'd love more of that. Maybe some Forge? or Custom Games? more Halo please.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Halo 3 deserves a shot at Hall of Greats. Not sure how much the allies played it at its peak man, but even a couple years after when I got to it with my friends had some of the best online experiences

What people did with custom games & forge mode is beyond genius

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Halo 3 deserves a shot at Hall of Greats. Not sure how much the allies played it at its peak man, but even a couple years after when I got to it with my friends had some of the best online experiences

There are more important games that deserve to get in way way way before Halo 3.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017

A halo game should be in. I'm just not sure which of them I'd ever nominate. It'd be a bungie entry for sure, but each has some flaw to them that doesn't give me the ultimate package of multiplayer and campaign. Maybe 1 for overall impact. But I like halo 2 and 3 multi more.

Oct 27, 2017
more important games? halo3 (and cod4) brought online gaming to the mainstream. theres a shout to halo2 but the og xbox didnt have the worldwide reach of the 360. halo3 sold 15 million copies. and that was just on one console. cod4 sold 16 million but that included pc and ps3. halo3 dominated xbox live game with the most play time. they launched with over a million people playing at the same time. had some insane attach rate, like 50% of people were playing halo3 at launch. and there was some insane stat of something like a billion games of halo3 were played of the span of the next 5 years. halo3 was the catalyst for ms to 'win' last gen. at least early on. its arguably the most important game of last gen.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought about which game I'd try to nominate for HOG, and I think I could make the best case for Halo 2. Not sure if any of the Allies would ever try to put it forward, but playing Halo 2 on XBL was an event...I think it could be argued that game propelled the Xbox brand further than any other sIngle title for Microsoft. Not to even mention the merits of the game itself.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Speaking of 2's, Huber or someone needs to throw at least a nod to Uncharted 2 for HoG. Hell, even a passing mention that they considered bringing it.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I must say, the momentum of the week feels odd without the Group Stream posts anymore, will take some getting used to!
You've just reminded me that I can finally turn off the email notifications, thank you!

The paid content only option never worked for me.

There are more important games that deserve to get in way way way before Halo 3.
By more important do you mean older ᖍ(ツ)ᖌ?

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I love those videos of Ian just creating songs. Makes me wanna go and start learning how to play keyboards and other synthy goodness.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Loved it. Wish they got some more matches in before switching to dk. What made it work was you could tell they were having fun playing the game and a lot had a lot of history on which maps, modes, etc they enjoyed. Them saying they could play it all day was a level of enthusiasm while playing a game selected that I haven't seen in a while. Playing Donkey Kong tropical freeze was fun for just getting don to play the game some. Since it's gotta be the most frequently streamed game they've done on the Tuesday night streams
Yeah I felt like they had a level of enjoyment I certainly hadn't noticed before, though I don't watch many streams. I was happy to see how much fun they were having.
That stigma about Only Japan is BS.

The Allies clearly love Halo... I'd love more of that. Maybe some Forge? or Custom Games? more Halo please.
Custom Games would be fun if they do their research or ask for recommendations. There's some absolutely crazy good stuff people have made with Forge. Though a lot of the good stuff is popular so it wouldn't be hard to find.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
more important games? halo3 (and cod4) brought online gaming to the mainstream. theres a shout to halo2 but the og xbox didnt have the worldwide reach of the 360. halo3 sold 15 million copies. and that was just on one console. cod4 sold 16 million but that included pc and ps3. halo3 dominated xbox live game with the most play time. they launched with over a million people playing at the same time. had some insane attach rate, like 50% of people were playing halo3 at launch. and there was some insane stat of something like a billion games of halo3 were played of the span of the next 5 years. halo3 was the catalyst for ms to 'win' last gen. at least early on. its arguably the most important game of last gen.
Yup, I'm not a fan of Halo personally (I had my fill with the first game). But I won't deny it's significance and quality. Now of course there's also plenty of games I'd rather have there, but I'd have those games there even over some of the ones we have already. I wouldn't be shocked or disappointed to get Halo there.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So how did y'all end up feeling about Halo MCC on the last group stream?
It was hilarious lol. There are so many gametypes in Halo that I'd love to see them play, like CTF, KOTH, Oddball, etc., but I think if they play again then they should change the settings to be more enjoyable (e.g. Pistol starts in Halo 1).

Halo's one of the best multiplayer franchises out there, so the magic writes itself. Halo 1 in particular deserves to be the Hall of Greats.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
wolfenstein and doom arent 'great' games at this point though. theyd be rejected for the same reasons pong got rejected.
I am not an FPS player and haven't played a lot of Doom or Wolfenstein back in the day (I played both of them probably once or twice at a friends place as I wasn't a PC gamer myself and didn't game a lot back then in the first place).

While Pong is imo significant in how much it meant for gaming in general, Wolfenstein and Doom have more or less created (Wolfenstein) and popularized (Doom) a genre that's still very popular today (It's probably still the most popular genre, or it's at least one of the most popular genres). Hell, Doom popularized gaming in general. I heard a lot about Doom on the playground back then even though I didn't know it in the beginning.

I think they are way more significant than Pong and legitimately deserve a spot in the Hall of Greats. That said, it's the same discussion again in what people thing is the reason a game deserves to be in there.

Imo it can be games that were considered great in the years they came out and are still well known if they had a significant impact on the games industry.
Some people only want newer games because they feel like those older games are not really playable any more.

I can see both sides, but imo the latter way of thinking would make it so you would have to kick out games after a few years because they are "too old" to be in there. I don't really see how that works. When does a game stops being "Great"?
There is nothing wrong with older games. I honestly can't see a HoG without at least Doom (even though It's a game that doesn't mean a lot to me personally).

Last edited:

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I am not an FPS player and haven't played a lot of Doom or Wolfenstein back in the day (I played both of them probably once or twice at a friends place as I wasn't a PC gamer myself and didn't game a lot back then in the first place).

While Pong is imo significant in how much it meant for gaming in general, Wolfenstein and Doom have more or less created (Wolfenstein) and popularized (Doom) a genre that's still very popular today (It's probably still the most popular genre, or it's at least one of the most popular genres).
I think they are way more significant than Pong and legitimately deserve a spot in the Hall of Greats. That said, it's the same discussion again in what people thing is the reason a game deserves to be in there.

Imo it can be games that were considered great in the years they came out and are still well known if they had a significant impact on the games industry.
Some people only want newer games because they feel like those older games are not really playable any more.

I can see both sides, but imo the latter way of thinking would make it so you would have to kick out games after a few years because they are "too old" to be in there. I don't really see how that works. When does a game stops being "Great"?
There is nothing wrong with older games. I honestly can't see a HoG without at least Doom (even though It's a game that doesn't mean a lot to me personally).
I agree, but I can see HoG without Doom since it probably didn't mean a lot to most of Allies either. Hall of Greats is heavily influenced by their own fond memories and childhood experiences. And that's fine I guess, but I think we can still discuss what we as fans of the guys would want to see recognized. It's not a level playing field though. Brad did nominate the new Doom, which got no votes at all. I could see the original or second one to get few points, not more. Huber could bring the original Deus Ex and make a great case for it, but I assume most Allies have no personal experience with it and it wouldn't do that well either.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I agree, but I can see HoG without Doom since it probably didn't mean a lot to most of Allies either. Hall of Greats is heavily influenced by their own fond memories and childhood experiences. And that's fine I guess, but I think we can still discuss what we as fans of the guys would want to see recognized.
Sure, I wouldn't really mind myself if it was in the EZA HoG or not. Although I think it should be in there.
I was talking more generally about that they probably should be considerd for almost every list of greatest games. Especially Doom.

And again, It doesn't really mean a lot to me personally, but that game shook up the gaming world a lot.

As far as EZA HoG goes, everything depends on what the picks are.
Most games that got brought before deserve to be in the HoG at one point in time. Sometimes they are just up against too much other great games to get in there at that moment.

WoW comes to mind. I really don't have anything with WoW and MMO's in general. But that game probably does deserve a spot in there as well. Even though I don't think it will be voted in the next time it is brought either.

Last edited:

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No, I mean more important but I understand why people in their 20s who were probably kids when Halo launched think Halo is more important than games like Doom or wolfenstein 3d, but it's ok
So you do mean older, got it :p

I hate history books so I don't care for hall of greats, and it's not like they are consistent: you have Resident Evil's remake but not Pokemon's.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hate history books so I don't care for hall of greats
Lmao
and it's not like they are consistent: you have Resident Evil's remake but not Pokemon's.

Never forget Jones being like "Not voting for Shadow of the Colossus but if Damiani had brought the PS2 game he'd get my vote"
———
I mostly skimmed the HoG discussion but for me
If HoG is about great games, Halo gets in.
If Hog is about important games, Halo gets in.
If HoG is about influential games, Halo gets in.

Whether it gets in before Doom/Wolf or after is irrelevant. Until we know "Easy Allies is shutting down on X date", I don't really give a damn what gets in at what time personally.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Truth be told, the first three Halo games deserve to get in due to their significance in gaming, especially for console gaming. For that entire decade they set trends and helped shape the landscape of FPS's. The feature set of Halo 3 alone still cannot be matched by many multiplayer games today.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
As I said one time, bring all versions of a game. Ocarina 3DS is better in every way except if you are a speedrunner who wants to finish the game in 20 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.