• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2017
I haven't seen the stupid episode yet, but after it lands I hope EZA is able to draw some lessons from this and work towards a stronger community/brand.

They have managed to piss off both sides of the community in the span of a few months now, so hopefully things will balance out now.

Oct 25, 2017
No-one's forcing you to be part of this community. Feel free to go somewhere else, bury your head in the sand and completely ignore real issues.

Jones appearing on this show is not a "real" issue. There are a lot more real issues going on in the world right now. It's an easy way to fool yourself into thinking that it is but seriously it's not.

Jones went on the show. He didn't listen to you guys. At this point you are just beating a dead horse.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Jones appearing on this show is not a "real" issue. There are a lot more real issues going on in the world right now. It's an easy way to fool yourself into thinking that it is but seriously it's not.

Jones went on the show. He didn't listen to you guys. At this point you are just beating a dead horse.
Why are you wasting your time posting in here telling people what the real issues are when you could be out there in the real world doing real good by really solving the real problems? Surely there are more pressing matters to devote your time to?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I haven't seen the stupid episode yet, but after it lands I hope EZA is able to draw some lessons from this and work towards a stronger community/brand.

They have managed to piss off both sides of the community in the span of a few months now, so hopefully things will balance out now.
What both sides, this isn't American politics. There's more than two different parties involved =P This is entirely off-topic and I don't mean to discuss this here, but for long time I've wondered that who thinks the two-party system is a good idea. Had to get it off my chest and say it.

Nov 23, 2017
What both sides, this isn't American politics. There's more than two different parties involved =P This is entirely off-topic and I don't mean to discuss this here, but for long time I've wondered that who thinks the two-party system is a good idea. Had to get it off my chest and say it.

I wasn't talking sides of the political spectrum, I was referring to those who love Beach Peach Splash and those who hate CM...that's the only two sides on the internet (obviously)

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
almost like they need a brand manager....
wJT6edn.gif

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you can simplify it like this, and I don't think it is fair for you to say what people think are "real" issues or not. A lot of the talk is revolving around Colin and Jones appearing on his show, but honestly, the real problem is that many people are questioning Jones' judgment and questioning the Allies' commitment to L&R and to be a safe space for a lot of people that are traditionally marginalized in the gaming community (women, PoC, LGBTQ).

It's like, when GAF imploded, lots of people were sad, and angry, and emotional, even though GAF was just a niche, enthusiast videogame forum. Were they not entitled to feel what they felt? GAF was not a "real" issue either, but it was a community that people had been involved with for years. That's similar to what's happening here, to a much smaller extent. People are sad and working out their feelings on the forum, and that's why it's gone on and on. It'll be over eventually, but until that happens, it's not helpful to come in and just tell them to get over it.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jones way ahead of you lol

I don't mind if EZA stays mostly apolitical because their character shines through in the way they talk about more video game focused topics like micro transactions. It's probably worth it for them to better educate themselves tho so they can avoid stuff like modding gamergaters on their forums and giving Colin Moriarty the time of day.

Huber has been seemingly pretty upbeat on twitter the last couple of days. I hope that's a good sign
Why would he not be upbeat?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The irony (unless I'm using the term incorrectly) of posting a "Welcome to EZA" the day after Brandon Jones appeared on another channel which people were against because they didn't want that community infecting ours.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland

I don't mind if EZA stays mostly apolitical because their character shines through in the way they talk about more video game focused topics like micro transactions. It's probably worth it for them to better educate themselves tho so they can avoid stuff like modding gamergaters on their forums and giving Colin Moriarty the time of day.

Damn they really offer hell of a lot of content, diverse too. I remember when I still tried to keep up with everything.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
so they can avoid stuff like modding gamergaters on their forums
That mod in particular had been a mod at GT long before any of that went down, possibly before Twitter was even a thing. He'd never been problematic in the forums, so I had no reason to check up on his Twitter account until people pointed it out. He was very humble and understanding when I talked with him about the situation.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they really offer hell of a lot of content, diverse too. I remember when I still tried to keep up with everything.
It's really impressive what all they crank out. I remember when they announced their 100th review. I was thinking dang that's a lot for roughly a year and a half and their setup limitations.

Deleted member 16576

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciated the new video. Does a great job explaining all of the content the Allies offer and I think it shows off their strong characters. Good work fellas.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017

Good vibes in that video. The guys put out some great stuff.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That mod in particular had been a mod at GT long before any of that went down, possibly before Twitter was even a thing. He'd never been problematic in the forums, so I had no reason to check up on his Twitter account until people pointed it out. He was very humble and understanding when I talked with him about the situation.
I think y'all handled it well! I was just trying to think of examples of how this kinda thing can still cause problems even if actual allies content sticks to gaming news.

Oct 25, 2017
The irony (unless I'm using the term incorrectly) of posting a "Welcome to EZA" the day after Brandon Jones appeared on another channel which people were against because they didn't want that community infecting ours.

That's not irony, it's targeted. It's rolling out the red carpet for new visitors to the EZA YouTube channel, making those people finding out about EZA (perhaps through collaborations) feel nice and welcome as a part of the community.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's not irony, it's targeted. It's rolling out the red carpet for new visitors to the EZA YouTube channel, making those people finding out about EZA (perhaps through collaborations) feel nice and welcome as a part of the community.

I mean...obviously. I'm purely referring to the timing of it.

Otherwise people have been saying they should update the front page video for a long time and they have talked about it for a long time.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think you can simplify it like this, and I don't think it is fair for you to say what people think are "real" issues or not. A lot of the talk is revolving around Colin and Jones appearing on his show, but honestly, the real problem is that many people are questioning Jones' judgment and questioning the Allies' commitment to L&R and to be a safe space for a lot of people that are traditionally marginalized in the gaming community (women, PoC, LGBTQ).

It's like, when GAF imploded, lots of people were sad, and angry, and emotional, even though GAF was just a niche, enthusiast videogame forum. Were they not entitled to feel what they felt? GAF was not a "real" issue either, but it was a community that people had been involved with for years. That's similar to what's happening here, to a much smaller extent. People are sad and working out their feelings on the forum, and that's why it's gone on and on. It'll be over eventually, but until that happens, it's not helpful to come in and just tell them to get over it.

Why do you think it's up to someone else to give you a so called safe space? He was clear that he was going to talk with Colin so if you feel that's somehow a threat and not safe don't listen or go to Colin's content at all. You don't know Jones personally so to start making judgment calls is ridiculous. The world is filled with many different views it doesn't make them wrong just because you don't see it that way. Jones is a stand up guy and so is Colin they obviously have love and respect for each other.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...obviously. I'm purely referring to the timing of it.

Otherwise people have been saying they should update the front page video for a long time and they have talked about it for a long time.

I'm saying it would be ironic if they rolled it out after not doing the collaboration. Putting it out now is just planning.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Blood have you had time to check out Project Cars 2? If so, how does it compare tp F7 and GT Sport? (Apologies if this has been talked about somewhere)

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think it's up to someone else to give you a so called safe space? He was clear that he was going to talk with Colin so if you feel that's somehow a threat and not safe don't listen or go to Colin's content at all. You don't know Jones personally so to start making judgment calls is ridiculous. The world is filled with many different views it doesn't make them wrong just because you don't see it that way. Jones is a stand up guy and so is Colin they obviously have love and respect for each other.
No racism is not a different view and is very much wrong, the same with sexism, harassment or basically any other view that ignores your others rights to be respected as an equal human being. If you disagree pls bring forth the argument why we should tolerate those views before you peddle this tired shit of it's just people with different opinions.

As for why it's up to someone to provide safe space? That goes more into we should all aspire to be nice to each other then things like "safe spaces" wouldn't even need to exist. Hence some people make it impossible to do so it is not unreasonable to try to avoid them and stick to people that treat each other right.

If Colin is such a standup guy... let's just say it's super tempting to copy his behavior(I mean why not so many people seem to be a-ok with it even welcome it with open arms). I have hard doubts that the people so keen on defending him could even stand if a lot more people used the same tactics as him when conversing when I see people already getting annoyed merely by him dominating the discourse as a topic.
----------
As for why we're still talking about this it's cause people answer like this.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Blood have you had time to check out Project Cars 2? If so, how does it compare tp F7 and GT Sport? (Apologies if this has been talked about somewhere)
I haven't. Working my way through the NFS mess at the moment. If I get the chance I do want to do some quick takes on the racing games I've missed this year.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
So my comment on the latest video got a like by the channel itself which put it at the top with the other "hearted" comments. is this a new YouTube feature? Regardless I like it as an idea to let the better comments "float" to the top and not just the most active or what're drove it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.