• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I never understood this. Basketball is more cramped on a smaller court with a smaller net but they get goals like every 10 seconds. In soccer there is way, way more room but maybe 3 goals the entiee game. How?

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Yeah, watch the sport and try to guess...

Also, check what is a "goaltending" in baskteball....

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because possession in soccer is more difficult to maintain while each time you get the ball in basketball you almost always get a shot in

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Yes somehow it's harder to score goals when you're not allowed to use your hands and there are twice the defenders between you and the goal and the goals are 4 times further apart than there are in basketball, a game with timeouts and free throws.

AveN7ers

May 11, 2018
It's easier to be dispossessed of the ball in soccer and thus easier to lose attacking momentum.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
FreshClumsyAnophelesmosquito-small.gif

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see official changes or a version of soccer that promoted more goals per game. Far more watchable and lower the risk of a tie or 0 - 0 score.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
Did I wake up in bizzaro-land today? There are tons of answers to this question, many of them already in this thread. But you literally partially answer the question in the first eight words of the second sentence of the OP. Yes, having a smaller field of play results in more scoring opportunities. Ever watch NFL versus arena football and notice which games have higher scores?

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
Another reason: you can shoot a basketball over a defending player but can't kick a soccer ball under a defending player. /thinkaboutit

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
By calling it soccer, you already made clear that you have no idea what you're talking about.