• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For weeks now I've been having this issue on eBay where any attempt to print a label using UPS Ground will generate the following message:

"Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label."

I've been using eBay for years and never came across this problem until Thanksgiving this year. I've called eBay support several times and gone through their troubleshooting steps: tried different browsers, tried clearing history, even tried on my phone and a different internet connection. Nothing.

I've had to follow their current advice which is to print the label through UPS, which costs more, and then contact eBay to refund me the difference. I've gotten all sorts of different responses, but the most common seems to be that this is an ongoing issue with some accounts and that they'll let me know once it's fixed.

At this point, I wanted to try my luck here and possibly see if anyone here has a solution that the entirety of eBay's technical support doesn't. If anyone happens to have come across this issue and/or know a solution, please help me out. I've still got some items I plan to sell and it's a pain having to do the refund step every time.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have no help for you. But, yep, run into this the last couple of months as well. Fucking annoying. As you said, going directly to UPS is way more expensive. Didn't know about contacting eBay to get them to make up the difference.

Generic ass error messages are always the absolute fucking worst. "Something went wrong!"