• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The leaked story expansion mostly takes place in the Chaosrealm, and it looks like NRS is teasing one of the new Chaosrealm stages here.

G1kUXaX.jpg

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I'm not suprised, a lot of things in this game from dialogues to ending etc. seems to be heading towards an story expansion like Aftermath, this big suprise however, no idea what it could be.

In any case, this is great news to me, hopefully the final version will redeem the lackluster product we got in terms of features.

yallasama

Dec 7, 2022
The leaked story expansion mostly takes place in the Chaosrealm, and it looks like NRS might have accidentally(?) leaked one of the new stages.

G1kUXaX.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually just at the pyramid. Those people on the top left seem turned to stone, very apocalyptic, and statue like. Just as they look on top of it and in the chaos realm invasions part.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just want Ash Williams from ED2 or AoD in MK1 =( ... Make up for mk11.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
i just want them to bring back konquest, but i'd settle for an expanded krypt
i know they won't

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welp not buying the game until they release all the content

lori

Oct 25, 2017
in context he makes it very clear it's re: mk1's future specifically so probably don't expect a new video game for a few years

Oct 25, 2017
Where I can find them? I'm curious

It was in the leaked kombat pack 2 thread I think?

But I can give a summary of what I remember

The story expansion centers around Titan Havik from the end of the base game, and supposedly happens around the time Scorpion (Kuai Liang) is about to marry Harumi Shirai. With Bi Han crashing their wedding, and Titan Havik supposedly turns Bi Han into Noob. Cyrax is also going to be a playable character but she is a woman in this timeline.

Again, grain of salt. But Ed basically confirmed there will be another story expansion

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe focus on finishing your first season of characters first?

I can't see newcomers picking it up if they are being told now "Oh, there's going to be an updated expansion release in the future" at this stage.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe focus on finishing your first season of characters first?

I can't see newcomers picking it up if they are being told now "Oh, there's going to be an updated expansion release in the future" at this stage.

The fighting game problem of buying the game at launch vs waiting for a complete version feels like such a catch 22 everytime.

Because on one hand buying at launch means you are learning the game with other people at the same time, while waiting gives you all the content but you are going to get matched up with players who have months of experience and knowledge ahead of you.

Because while waiting would technically give you more content for less cost, you are jumping into a game and might just have a miserable time. So buying on Day 1 might be a better experience.

And MK1 is even worse with the waiting because it has FOMO cosmetics.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
The monetization of the game and limited time nature of the invasion really pushed me away from this game. I just felt icky playing it. Like it was primarily made for a way to make money, not to be a good game.
I regret buying it. And I really enjoyed MK 11.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
It was in the leaked kombat pack 2 thread I think?

But I can give a summary of what I remember

The story expansion centers around Titan Havik from the end of the base game, and supposedly happens around the time Scorpion (Kuai Liang) is about to marry Harumi Shirai. With Bi Han crashing their wedding, and Titan Havik supposedly turns Bi Han into Noob. Cyrax is also going to be a playable character but she is a woman in this timeline.

Again, grain of salt. But Ed basically confirmed there will be another story expansion
Yeah, that plot seems goofy enough to be real, I'll buy it

Darkwing Duck

Banned
Sep 5, 2023
The monetization of the game and limited time nature of the invasion really pushed me away from this game. I just felt icky playing it. Like it was primarily made for a way to make money, not to be a good game.
I regret buying it. And I really enjoyed MK 11.
I feel like companies don't consider that once someone misses an event that revolves around FOMO, it kills all of their motivation to keep playing.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big surprise will be Kreate a Kharacter mode.
It'd fit with the whole "familiar characters but mixed up powers" thing.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I feel like companies don't consider that once someone misses an event that revolves around FOMO, it kills all of their motivation to keep playing.
It's truly baffling. The head-in-sand mentality that "no see if they MISS it they'll redouble their efforts not to miss the NEXT one" is so searingly bewildering that I have trouble even processing it.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the big surprise is that the kameo-only characters are becoming playable. I'd love to play as Kano, Jax, and Stryker.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Aftermath-like expansion seemed pretty obvious. I think it sold pretty well and was well received.

Hoping the surprise is Shaolin Monks Remastered

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So basically everyone who buys the game now is silly as a version with all DLC is coming next year.

Good to know, thanks Ed.
Not entirely, the best time to get into a fighting game is right at launch so you can learn with everyone else & lower-level players are more likely to find others at their skill level online. The next best time is as soon as possible.

Of course, this is looking at it from the multiplayer perspective.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Not entirely, the best time to get into a fighting game is right at launch so you can learn with everyone else & lower-level players are more likely to find others at their skill level online. The next best time is as soon as possible.

Of course, this is looking at it from the multiplayer perspective.

Meanwhile I'm absolute dogshit at fighting games that aren't Smash Bros or Soul Calibur (you know, the casual ones) so I'm good.