• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
ldYUwCR.jpg

Super Mario Bros. Wonder – 9

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 – 8

Lords of the Fallen – 6

Assassin's Creed Mirage – 6

Forza Motorsport – 7

Counter-Strike 2 – 9

Saltsea Chronicles – 8

Jusant – 8

The Lamplighters League – 6

El Paso, Elsewhere – 6

World of Horror – 7

The Fabulous Fear Machine – 7

Subpar Pool – 8

Hellboy Web of Wyrd – 4

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
(Some of the) People (I have seen on Twitter being frothing about console wars) will get (totally unnecessarily) angry but that is absolutely the right score for Spider-Man 2.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Last edited:

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Hellboy Web of Wryd is honestly very disappointing. Great art style but bogged down by uninspired gameplay.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Can't wait for Jusant.

7 for Forza Motorsport might be generous, I'm so pissed at the game

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Hell yeah Jusant.

Bit shocked at that CS2 score considering how many issues it seems like the game has

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People will get angry but that is absolutely the right score for Spider-Man 2.
I'm playing it now and it's a bit too iterative for me. I was hoping for some bigger changes.

Honestly, I'm tired of the Sony single player format. At the very least, I'd like to see meaningful decisions in character builds instead of simply allowing the player to get EVERYTHING.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
I'm playing it now and it's a bit too iterative for me. I was hoping for some bigger changes.

Honestly, I'm tired of the Sony single player format. At the very least, I'd like to see meaningful decisions in character builds instead of simply allowing the player to get EVERYTHING.
Yeah, I'm playing it as well, and it's fine. It's fine! It's fun to swing about, the combat is good, the bits where it drags to a halt are still as dull as they were in the previous two (my god that Coney Island bit was boring) and the story's pretty good. But it's ticking stuff off, and does feel like it's just a tired formula—as it did when the exact same thing happened in the last Horizon. A more polished, iterative thing with lots of little things to do. (Also, I have actually seen more bugs in it than I did in my Starfield play through...)

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I'd not heard of fabulous fear machine but looks incredible, straight on the wishlist

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I would score SM2 exactly the same after finished and platinum it.

Very enjoyable and easily 'digestible' game that's fun for the moment but nothing memorable at all really.

Like a good MCU movie basically.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
I really don't think people will get angry at an 8 from Edge of all places
Lol seriously, people really live in a delusional bubble on the internet. Most people playing Spider-Man 2 don't even know what edge is.

Spider-Man 2 is one of the best reviewed superhero games in years and will be talked about for years to come and will break sales records. Nothing is going to change that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That's a very fair score for Spidey from what I've played.
Yeah and 8 or 9 is a score I'd agree with, so an 8 here seems fair to me. I don't remember what they have GoW Ragnarok, but if it was an 8 I probably agreed as well because while it was a spectacular game, the last act left me wanting more and it did feel like it went by too quickly.

I think SM2 is a solid experience overall, more consistent compared to SM1, but its highs aren't as high as SM1.

Looking forward to playing Wonder when I'm back from my trip, game looks incredible.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

I dunno, in a world of so many games forcing you to have meaningful builds, I kinda like the simple "Hey, you can have it all." of the Spider-Man games, they're itterative, and simple, in exactly the way that I want.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, in a world of so many games forcing you to have meaningful builds, I kinda like the simple "Hey, you can have it all." of the Spider-Man games, they're itterative, and simple, in exactly the way that I want.
Yeah, I've noticed a few people saying they want something that's a Spider-Man game without being a Spider-Man game lol. Which is fine if you're consistently looking for different experiences all the time but it's kinda unrealistic, especially at the pace Insomniac puts out games.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(Some of the) People (I have seen on Twitter being frothing about console wars) will get (totally unnecessarily) angry but that is absolutely the right score for Spider-Man 2.

EDITED FOR CLARITY
Lol.
An Edge 8 is a 9 almost everwhere else, so I don't see too many people getting angry about it.
In fact, it's pretty much a confirmation of the great reviews ...

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An 8 from edge is like a 9 from almost all the other sites.

It's a good score and the 90+ in Metacritic is secured.