• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
X5gGL4D.jpg

• Popular Post
Posted 5 hours ago
Cover: Where Winds Meet

X5gGL4D.jpg

Alan Wake 2 - 9

CoD MW III - 5

The Invincible - 7

A Highland Song - 9

The Talos Principle 2 - 8

Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name - 7

Persona 5 Tactica - 6

Last Train Home - 8

Steamworld Build - 6

Thirsty Suitors - 7

WarioWare - Move It! - 7

Gubbins - 7

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Great scores for Alan Wake II and A Highland Song.

Last edited:

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, Steamworld Build with "only" a 6. I was hoping it would be the new best Steamworld game but that seems unlikely now.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
9 is about right for AW2. Its just flawed enough that its hard to say its a 10 but its the kind of thing I've not played in a AAA since MGS2

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer, after The Gunk the next somewhat disappointment. Image & Form used to be GOAT Tier on 3DS and 2D games, but their last projects werent doing much for me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
An Edge 7 for Gaiden seems... about right. Id knock it up to an 8 myself but that's me.
Gonna check out those indie games Ive not heard of... some good scores there.

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
I played a completely different Alan Wake II to everyone else, now I'm sure of it.

In my game you just walk around and listen to bad dialogue. But an Edge 9? What am I not seeing?

I shelved it and played Dead Space instead lol. Now that's a damn horror game.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved score for Alan Wake 2. It's my personal GOTY.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I thought A Highland Song was coming out in 2024, oops. Seeing the trailer at the Nintendo indie direct got me really interested

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, figured they'd low ball AW2 but glad to see they enjoyed it. I'd be curious to read their review for it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
That's confirmed a pre-order for A Highland Song for me. Already looked really interesting in the Indie World, and now it seems like it's actually really good.

Also, yeah, that score for Alan Wake 2 is exactly what I'd go for right now. Amazing game.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Remembered some rumblings that Edge might lower the Alan Wake 2 aggregate score. Guess they too recognize greatness.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Well deserved for Alan Wake 2, a couple of months ago Edge did an interesting preview of the game.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
A middling score for Steamworld Build, has Steamworld's run of great games come to an end?

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Great cover - first I've heard of the game.

Surprised AW2 is that high. Game gets way too much praise.

I played a completely different Alan Wake II to everyone else, now I'm sure of it.

In my game you just walk around and listen to bad dialogue. But an Edge 9? What am I not seeing?

Nah that sounds like the game I played lol. Awful writing, poor gameplay/boss battles, full screen jump scares every 10 minutes, etc.

Last edited:

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
The story is an insane roller coaster that combines what Alan Wake 1, Control and Quantum Break have prepared, into an absolute thrill ride.
That's what did it for me, mostly. The world and narrative they built is A++.

Feels like the people calling the writing "awful" must have strictly jumped straight to this game and tuned out every other Remedyverse title. Utter nonsense, lmao. Seeing everything just click and come together was cathartic for me.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

Nah that sounds like the game I played lol. Awful writing, poor gameplay/boss battles, full screen jump scares every 10 minutes, etc.
I'm 12 hours into this game and I've had like 3 jump scares. Granted, I've heard the 'worst' is yet to come but so far I really don't get the complaints on that front.

Looooooving the game, btw.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved for Alan Wake.

Nice to see A Highland Song review well too. Inkle is quietly one of the best developers in the business.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

The only portion of the game that has jump scares that frequent is the nursing home, otherwise what you're describing is a massive exaggeration.

Oct 27, 2017
A Highland Song was the highlight of that recent Indie Direct for me. This score sealed the deal; just preordered.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018

I'm kinda on the same boat with this. I'm like 8 hours in and I'm not digging it as much as the rest of the peeps on here. The more I play the more I feel like the Jimquisition's review makes more sense. I'll try to hold my judgment till I finish it though.

Last edited:

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Wake II, and Remedy games in general, exist in a heightened reality. I understand people not being in sync with that, but looking at what they aim for, Remedy is right on target. They are quirky but in a way that is unique to them. And it's quite clear when talking to their creative leads, they are having fun. These aren't self serious games. They are exploring meaningful themes about life but they know it's also a bit silly. That makes for a great balance for a weirdo such as myself.

And if I see a game where 92% of critics are recommending it, I consider that it is in fact a good game. Even if don't connect with it, I don't find it hard to understand that many people see the value. But I guess for others it's just way easier to feel like you are the one that really gets it and everyone else is wrong. We all have to feel cool in our own ways.

Anyway a bit disappointed to see the SteamWorld Build score. I really enjoyed the demo and hope I find it to be more of an 8, but I think I can have some fun if I find it to be just a (Edge) 6.

Jan 23, 2022

Yup. Btw if you play alan wake 1, it's more energetic. Hell, play Control. Alan wake 2 is like they heard the complaints (which I disagreed) about the first game and went in a different direction.