Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Cant wait for this game, it's more than likely going to end up my game of the year, the first one is that great.

- Team Cherry's next game will not be Hollow Knight related

A part of me is a bit dissapointed with this, another part of me is very much intrigued. New IP? Working on an existing IP in similar genre? Castlevania? Metroid? Something entirely different?

No matter what what it is - I'm keeping my eyes open, they're super talented.

That's not true. Hollow Knight was huge on PC.

It kinda is, it was popular on PC but didnt really hit mainstream success until on Switch.

I think it's a similar situation as Hades. It was a popular game on PC in early access, but once it got released on Switch and Nintendos help with the promotion it absolutely exploded

Deleted member 14939

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of bummed. Obviously haven't read the the full article yet, but the bullet point list doesn't have any new information in it.

Oh well. Hope we get a release date soon.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Cannot wait for the Silk Song one of my favourite games this generation blew through it on switch going to go through it on ps5 thanks to plus I think

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
More details here: https://nintendoeverything.com/hollow-knight-silksong-new-details-revealed/

Posting a few:

– Team Cherry approached the enemy design differently since Hornet is a fast and competent fighter
– Enemies are more complex
– Many early enemies and falling hazards now give out two hits to the health bar
– Hornet can heal with Bind, an ability that uses the silk she gathers by hitting enemies to bandage wounds (Three masks instead of one)
– Team Cherry's Ari Gibson: "… you spend more time either at full health or almost dead, and the gameplay is kind of snapping between those two states"
– There are around 100 different benches that come out of the floor when approached that act as save spots
– Difficulty intended to be around the same as the first Hollow Knight
– Hornet lost her traditional strength after time being bound in a cage, and is now sort of restoring it; the Weavers are helping her
– Silk Spear: get a superpowered forward lunge and cut through sticky web barriers; uses part of Hornet's silk supply

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I swear the people with the map complaints played the game for about an hour and then gave up.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
This is the one game I've been looking forward to for ages. I'm so excited for it to come out. I don't mind waiting as long as needed, though.

Also re: the map comment above, I loved the map system in Hollow Knight! I hope it stays similar to that for Silksong.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure? If they don't do it, they are been naive. This is my best new IP of this gen. Nothing came close. The true successor of metroid and castlevania heritage.
I mean, no I'm not sure. I'm not involved, so I can't know. It's still an indie studio with an indie game and they've shown to be extremely humble and grateful to fans. This just doesn't have full retail price written on it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the map system of hollow knight is excellent. i'll never understand why so many people hate it.

So this is a sequel now?
it always was? the game is taking place after one of the DLC endings if i'm not mistaken.

edit: oh, you probably mean sequel or expansion/DLC. i thought you meant in terms of being a sequel or prequel. it was originally planned as dlc but it's a full-blown sequel now.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
100 benches seems an insane amount, how many were in the first game? I would assume around 30/40, they weren't that common...

Also great news: my sister managed to get a physical copy so in 2/3 months I should be able to frame it!

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
100 benches seems an insane amount, how many were in the first game? I would assume around 30/40, they weren't that common...

Also great news: my sister managed to get a physical copy so in 2/3 months I should be able to frame it!
Around 50, so this is double that, but take into account the game world is bigger to accomodate Hornet's mobility.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
speaking of endings, they're gonna have to continue the story of mr. mushroom in silksong, considering his story ended with "to be continued".

Feeling lost and helpless, even for a moment, is something a lot of people just don't enjoy in a game.

Personally, I love that feeling in a game focused on exploration.
same, loved the feeling of being lost and having to figure out each new region for a bit first before buying the map, and having to fill in most of it yourself by exploring everything and finding the shortcuts was great.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I really thought we would get release date info. I was hoping this would be the first half of 2021, but that might not be the case?

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Gotta wonder if the people who hated the map didn't play with the compass equipped? It's not difficult to explore at all lol.

Anyway I'm very excited 8) I just started replaying hollow knight a couple days ago. Definitely one of my all time faves.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Man with Hades in 2020 and this presumably in 2021, Switch might have e back to back console exclusive Indie GOTY's.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Are we basing that on the 100 benches comment or have they actually said it will be at least the same size?

They touched on this subject before:

Silksong Development Progress

Right up front: We're still going, building this (very large) game. Our desire to keep building, and building, and building sure hasn't diminished, but our timelines have stretched a bit both to account for all that exciting new stuff and to tie up everything else.

As a small progress tease: You may remember for Silksong we promised over 150 all new enemies. To us, that always seemed a conservative estimate, and it turns out we were right! Here are just a few foes that came to life this week, enemy number 163, 164 and 165.

And as some assurance: We're not just randomly building things without an end in site. We know how this story unfolds and as much as we add, our intent is always to evoke the feeling of exploring a vast, surprising new world; one that matches (or exceeds) the scale and diversity of the original game.

Team Cherry Holiday Sign Off | Team Cherry

Team Cherry is a small indie games developer in Adelaide, South Australia. Come and take a look at our current project, Hollow Knight!

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Bummed about no release date yet but that's ok. They can take their time. It's going to be awesome whether it releases in 2021 or 2025.

The new details sound great. That artwork is too fucking good.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Still no release date, huh?
Team Cherry, please...

tenor.gif

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i never beat HK, and now i'm too afraid to go back because i have no idea where i am or where to go 😔

maybe i will start fresh with silksong

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I have this strange love/hate relationship with Hollow Knight. I played the game for more than 40 hours (which is a lot in my case) and then i stopped playing without any clue as to how far i was from the end. I guess i could say that i loved everything about the game except the gameplay (certain aspects i'm not a fan of) and yet that was apparently enough to spend a lot of time with it. So in a way, i'm very much looking forward to Silksong but i assume i'll feel the same.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017