_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
he had so many catchy songs in early 2010's

silhouettes and levels (instrumental version and skrillex remix) were mind blowing for me back then

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Not many people think of Avicii anymore when they think about this surgence of EDM but the dude was like the biggest pioneer of swedish house right there with SHM. I loved that he tried a different style with later albums too. A true visionary. RIP

D23

Oct 25, 2017
First discovered Avicii under his old alias 'Tom Hangs' on youtube. i think it was around 2009 or 2010 i cant remember. then i heard street dancer and blessed. Immediately fell in love with his music. I have been a fan ever since then. I was so obsessed with his music and always try to find real song of his on youtube because theres a lot of fake videos using Avicii's name. 2012- i get to see Avicii perform live three times, it was such great year! im just so devastated right now. RIP

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
It was the year 2011 when I first discovered Tim and his music. He was a huge part of one of those life changing moments that drove me to create the music that I do today. Tim had a natural talent for music in a way where he innately understood how to put a smile on people's faces while being a true innovator who pushed music's boundaries. I'm grateful that I was in the generation that got to see how strongly he impacted so many people. We lost him way too early and I'll never forget what he did for me and for the world. Rest in peace Avicii.

XUo0xaD.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Any tribute videos from Coachella? Man EDC is probably going to be crazy with avicii stuff this year..

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I think this may be one of the celebrity deaths that has hit me the hardest, by far. I always loved his music and am still in shock that at 28 years old, with his music only getting better, he passed away. I can't say anything else that others haven't, but that I hope his family are okay. I'll link below one of my favourites by him.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
I really hope people take his death to heart and stop treating drug use so leisurely, and especially to quit associating it with EDM.
I'm gonna go ahead and ask upfront that we please not discuss this in the current context. Avicii's team & family have decided not to release his reason for death at this time - it's an important discussion to have at some point but I've seen a lot of assumptions around the internet. We should respect the decision of his team and spend this time just remembering him.

Last edited:

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Im so sad ... I grew up with his music.. first electronic show I ever went to was avicii in 2011... it was months before he released levels but he played it in his set there and i heard it therefore for the first time .. still getting goosebumps just thinking about this night

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
relooking at the line up for edc again .. the day where i want to see a lot specific people is sunday. saturday i kinda dont feel a need to catch anyone's set in particular lol
friday i need to see cirez d and virtual self though.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
When was the last time EDC GA sold out? Cause it didn't sell out last year right?

Also looks like Aviccis death was a suicide, wasn't expecting that. I thought he was just having health problems

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Wait really? I'm going to Exchange on Saturday for Drumcode
I saw her once before an Anjunadeep show, her name was Jarin Love. Really loved her set and instantly started following her on social media. They are doing a tribute show for her I think this weekend. I don't mean to spread false information because it wasn't stated anywhere as fact, but the gofundme page definitely made it sound like that's what happened.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
I saw her once before an Anjunadeep show, her name was Jarin Love. Really loved her set and instantly started following her on social media. They are doing a tribute show for her I think this weekend. I don't mean to spread false information because it wasn't stated anywhere as fact, but the gofundme page definitely made it sound like that's what happened.

Just looked into it and yeah looks like they are having a tribute for her on Sunday at Exchange

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I saw that Steve Angello has an album. I played the first song thinking that I'd be able to power through my day to lunch break. I don't care what Steve Angello has done in the past, but he certainly does not get a free pass for the first track to be TD Jakes 7 minute motivational speaker jesus song with a super late drop.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
I saw that Steve Angello has an album. I played the first song thinking that I'd be able to power through my day to lunch break. I don't care what Steve Angello has done in the past, but he certainly does not get a free pass for the first track to be TD Jakes 7 minute motivational speaker jesus song with a super late drop.
I know exactly what you're talking about. I heard it a few months ago and it sucks big time, not super interested in the album.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody have tips for Electric Zoo? Thinking of going this year. Like, do I need to buy ferry tickets? Anywhere I shoudl stay specifically? Never been to New York either..

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Anybody have tips for Electric Zoo? Thinking of going this year. Like, do I need to buy ferry tickets? Anywhere I shoudl stay specifically? Never been to New York either..
The people I've talked to in New York recommend against Ezoo because of the overflow of Jersey bros. Go check out New York though it's awesome and has great clubs

_swee_

Oct 26, 2017
Portland OR
Anybody here like MitiS?

I've been listening to him for awhile now and love his stuff. Going to see him in July at some tiny club in Portland, best thing is that it's a 21+ age limit.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Living in Arizona sucks, there is literally almost no good Techno shows here, I'm stuck going to LA at least once a month cause of it

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nobody in electronic music is in DJ Koze's lane. It's the same reason I loved Matthew Dear when he was doing the minimal techno plus weird vocals phase. I didn't even realize he was going to have so many features. Second song in sounds like Justin Vernon.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
They really calling themselves LSD?, there's already a group called LSD with Luke Slater, Steve Bicknell and Function (Dave Sumner). I guess its a convenient name to call your group when your 3 artists names start with L,S, and D

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody here like MitiS?

I've been listening to him for awhile now and love his stuff. Going to see him in July at some tiny club in Portland, best thing is that it's a 21+ age limit.
I listen to his old stuff, didnt even know he was still around. His old stuff is just out of this world.