• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Lmao, what??? Not even close. This runs in 1080p-around 1440p on PS5 while PC is super sharp and clean and can be native 4K. The PS5 version looks awful on my 4K TV, just incredibly low resolution overall, not just assets or specific scenes, but from menus to normal gameplay the whole video output is not higher than 1080-1440p which gives me a vibe of playing a 15 year old console game without enhancements.

Zoom into my 4K Screenshots or throw them on a TV and you will see how awful it looks. It might looks ok on your 1440p phone here looking at them, but the resolution is awful.

Here are some native 4K screenshots I did with the beta in comparison to my now PS5 version in a Slider comparison.
Please visit your PC if you can for this.

PS5:
HtuBFx.png

PC:
HtoPfH.png

HtuMuC.png

PS5:
HtusIH.png

PC:
HtoD1k.png

HtueU9.png

How is this even remotely the same? Tell me.
The port looks like Dogshit. Resolution wise, but also now that I see it, asset wise (The floor, wtf).

I honestly want my money back and a PC version.....

hey, lets play with us gamepass user if you want cheapo PC version

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh this needs some dialog QoL ASAP. The pause is too long during auto play. You can't pause during auto play. You can't switch off autoplay during scenes?? You can't turn off the beep from dialog advance? You can't read an entire random npcs without waiting for it all to appear? And there is no button to make it fully appear without closing??

Is this correct or am I missing something?

I'm the only one? Driving me insane. Could this be a Steam Deck issue?

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Damn, April is stacked for me between this, Another Crab's Treasure, Harold Halibut, and Minishoot' Adventures. I've been a bit lukewarm on what I've seen of Eiyuden and never got into Suikoden III but with all the positive impressions and my love for I & II will definitely be giving it a shot.

Also excellent OT and title. RIP Yoshitaka Murayama.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i almost died the first boss because i decided to use a mass heal thinking he would attack multiple people but ended up only one so it was a GG. but i did end up beating it.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I feel like something is wrong with his game mine has never looked that bad on PS5.

Mine doesn't look like on the PS5 either.

I own the Steam version because I intended to play it via my Steam Deck, but I'm currently playing it on my PS5. Ultimately I don't think the problem is as severe as it sounds but some are more sensitive to visual issues than others. At least we don't have improper pixel scrolling resulting in screen tearing effects like the FF Pixel Remasters for example.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
So, my Switch version downloaded, is it worth playing now, or should I wait for the next patch? I believe it was Version 1.03.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know backer codes came out already, nice. Just downloaded it to my PS5.

I'll be traveling for the next week so I can't play it, but it sounds like I should wait because of some bug anyways. Can't wait to dive in next weekend.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's very noticeable cause the whole screen is shimmering and if you don't see it, cool, that is great for you, but this game is obviously running in somewhat 1080p on PS5 including menus when it just shouldn't and be native 4K like on PC, if you see it or not, it just shouldn't be like this.

I thought we are still in an Enthusiast forum here?
I don't think my reaction is over the top when this game should be technically absolute flawless on a f'n PS5 but instead is 1080p with messed up floor textures.

HtDmEb.png

I'm sorry that I expected the absolute minimum here. 🤷‍♀️
It's just a shame, in this state it feels technically super underwhelming and disappointing to me, like playing an old Xbox One game without enhancements.

If it would have dynamic res, or just gameplay being lower res and menus still 4K, or any other smarter solution, that would be completely different, but having the whole output being 1080p including menus just feels like playing an old last gen game on low resolution, it's really unpleasant.
I looked at this in-game on PS5 myself, and I think a lot of it has to do with the shallow LoD. If the camera is pulled back a decent way, texture/shadow detail is lower, even around where your character is standing. When it zooms in to the "default" distance, things look better. But I haven't seen anything like what's on the right side of your sample image. Even stuff in the far background with DoF layered on top isn't that blurry, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're pushing updates on SteamDB. Hopefully it'll trickle down to us by tomorrow morning.

Karew

Jul 5, 2022
I've never played a Suikoden game but I am super tempted to buy this. How are early impressions so far?

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Someone kindly shared their 100% Rising save for importing
steamcommunity.com

Sharing my 100% Completion Rising Save Game Files ready to be loaded on Hundred Heroes [Rewards] :: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes General Discussions

Hello, as the title suggests, I'm sharing my game save files for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. The main reason is because I know that many don't want to play a 2D isometric game but do want to have all the extra rewards for Hundred Heroes loading Rising save files, so I thought this "perfect game...

Save location: %USERPROFILE%\APPDATA\LocalLow\505 Games S_p_A\Eiyuden Chronicle Rising\[YOUR_STEAM_ID_NUMBER]

If you already have a Hundred Heroes save from the playtest or the early full release, you can grab your Steam ID from
%USERPROFILE%\APPDATA\LocalLow\505 Games S_p_A\EiyudenChronicle
It's the folder name entirely made of numbers

You can only import at the start of a new game and here's what you get
FA075CD1EEE780A8F732DB6D66269C24CE4F8DDF
Has anyone got this to work on the Steam version? I was able to load the saves in Rising, but I did not get this prompt in Eiyuden Chronicles.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I've never played a Suikoden game but I am super tempted to buy this. How are early impressions so far?
Very positive impressions all around. That being said, fans wanted a specific type of game and that's what Eiyuuden goes for so it was always going to be positive. It's an old school type jrpg with some unique traits typical of a Murayama game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Very positive impressions all around. That being said, fans wanted a specific type of game and that's what Eiyuuden goes for so it was always going to be positive. It's an old school type jrpg with some unique traits typical of a Murayama game.
Agreed. In a lot of ways, it's reminding me of Bloodstained, which also stuck to a very specific vision and delivered. Like that game, there are core things in Eiyuden that will be divisive and not universally liked, but most of it will delight fans.

Karew

Jul 5, 2022
Thanks. I understand it's specifically going for Suikoden vibes but i'm pretty open to niche/quirky/older-style games.

Agreed. In a lot of ways, it's reminding me of Bloodstained, which also stuck to a very specific vision and delivered. Like that game, there are core things in Eiyuden that will be divisive and not universally liked, but most of it will delight fans.
Perfect example. I've never played an Igavania game before and i really enjoyed Bloodstained.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Watching some streams of the early game. Please tell me there's a way to disable or at least lower the volume of that 'bleep' button confirmation sound every time a line of dialogue is finished being spoken. That would drive me crazy in an instant. =/

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Took a look at reddit and discord to see what the prerelease/prepatch recruitment bug is from people who are further in the game or who have beaten it already.

Each nested spoiler tag will be more specific. The first layer is broad and generally safe to read about potential missables.
There are no intended missable recruits except for 1 near the end of the game. That one is only missable due to requiring all other recruitables.

The unintended missable recruit is due to an issue where there's a possible sequence break or just an unaccounted for scenario where you visit a city out of order without having recruited another character tied to the recruit in question.

The bugged character is Lam.

Around 15-20 hours into the game, you will be in a new region. DO NOT visit Daphan until you have recruited a character named Riufan, who is located in Euchrisse. Riufan's recruitment process is fairly straightforward. Keep Riufan in your active party until you've finished Lam's recruitment in Daphan to the northeast. Riufan needs to be in your active party or Lam's dialogue chain gets stuck.

My guess with the patch progression warnings is that they won't know if they can retroactively fix saves made past the point where people could recruit the "bugged" character. Should be fine if you recruit the character as intended.

Ughhhhhh… I figured that was the bugged character. 😩
I hope they can patch it so I can still get them on my current save…

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward so much to this game. Backed it for a lot as soon as it was announced. Can´t believe it is finally here. I have received tracking information and should have it soon.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
The game is great so far on PS5.

I was/am devastated and shocked by Murayama's passing, and playing his last game has me all up in my feelings.

Suikoden is one of my favorite game series ever, and was such a huge part of my early days playing RPGs. This is truly a bittersweet game.

You are a legend to me Murayama. Rest in peace and thank you for all you contributed to my favorite hobby.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's finally here, it's so bittersweet with Murayama's passing. I've been on the Suikoden boat since pretty much day one, so this is a big deal to me.

I'm not gonna lie, I can't even remember why or how with my basic ass $40 digital backer tier, I got two copies of it, but hey, that means I can play it on switch too.

Sangral