• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Gotta fly soon. Finishing up Future Redeemed.

Do I get this or Star Ocean R first for the trip? 🤔

FWIW I personally bounced off Star Ocean R after about 15 hours - it was fun and I was enjoying it until I started to feel the combat was getting repetative. I wish it had been more tactical and turn-based, which it sounds like Hundred Heroes is. So I'm looking forward to this one a lot more than I was leading up to Star Ocean R, personally. I doubt that really helps you much with your decision though. I will say Star Ocean R on the Deck was an absolutely excellent experience.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What's the word on Steam Deck performance?

When I played the backer demo it was pretty decent. Definitely some hiccups here and there.

Totally wasn't bothered by how it played and ran though all things considered. I think the overworld map kind of draws a lot of resources for some reason and some of the larger towns that have a lot going on can dip it a bit if I remember right. The majority of the time it played well for me

Here is hoping all the future patches make it perfect though.

Mar 11, 2020
So i know this is an incredibly minor nitpick, but honestly the biggest annoyance for me so far with the game is some of the animals you talk to don't have proper capitalization of their names and it just immediately pulls me out of the game cause i immediately am like oh a real person named them this idiotic name without proper capitalization and the devs still didn't properly capitalize it to make it look like it fits with the rest of the world so it just pulls me out of it.

I know most people don't get bothered by this kind of thing but it's the old Pokemon issue for me where if you didn't name your trainer with all caps the name didn't fit with everything else in the menu and just immediately pulled me out.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So i know this is an incredibly minor nitpick, but honestly the biggest annoyance for me so far with the game is some of the animals you talk to don't have proper capitalization of their names and it just immediately pulls me out of the game cause i immediately am like oh a real person named them this idiotic name without proper capitalization and the devs still didn't properly capitalize it to make it look like it fits with the rest of the world so it just pulls me out of it.

I know most people don't get bothered by this kind of thing but it's the old Pokemon issue for me where if you didn't name your trainer with all caps the name didn't fit with everything else in the menu and just immediately pulled me out.
Was one of the reward tiers to name a pet in-game?

What's the word on Steam Deck performance?
I mentioned a little earlier that I play it capped at 45fps on the SD OLED, which gives me pretty consistent performance. I didn't mess with DoF/shadow detail to see if that had any positive impact at 45fps or 60fps, but 45fps has been really good for me with default settings.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

Wait until you get into the war battles and it's like "tigbitties83 has died heroically"

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Still no news for the patch? I wanna play so bad

Just start lol. The main big thing that's bugged is one recruitable character if you sequence break in Euchrisse. Keep multiple saves as backups and you'll be totally fine.

You very likely wouldn't even make it there before the patch is out.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021

now this just made me thinking for whale backers what's the point backing 500$++ for your dream favorite game project to be realized just to ruin the game immersiveness by giving names like that in the end

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if it has already been asked/answered, but did all backers get their codes yet? I chose Steam as my digital platform.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so the party members are actually pretty chatty?

Got to wonder how extensive that really is becuase writing for over a hundred characters....yeah.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope the Steam download for digital deluxe preorders goes up tomorrow. Steam is so bad at releasing games for preorders at a reasonable hour.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So I finally got my code (never even got an email notifying me, I just went in Yetee and looked there 🙄), PS5 digital. I backed the OST too but don't see anything about that yet, normal?

Also, the game is fully playable already? Should I just wait for patches since it might be buggy and not the intended launch experience?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
So I finally got my code (never even got an email notifying me, I just went in Yetee and looked there 🙄), PS5 digital. I backed the OST too but don't see anything about that yet, normal?

Also, the game is fully playable already? Should I just wait for patches since it might be buggy and not the intended launch experience?

Digital should unlock for you sometime tomorrow. OST I believe will be delivered later.

Those playing now have physical copies. When your digital unlocks, they said they should have the Early Access Patch ready.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
Goddamn I'm in love with this game. I got my backer copy earlier today.

Didn't read any of the kickstarter updates except the ones about shipping/codes and stuff, so I was mostly blind and played around 5 hours earlier today.... I had a blast.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so the party members are actually pretty chatty?

Got to wonder how extensive that really is becuase writing for over a hundred characters....yeah.
Yeah, it's cool! I like that in addition to the party chat, they'll even chime in on cutscene conversations where the required members are locked in, so I'm guessing there's a lot of that that's "missable" depending on who you have in your party. It'll be neat to eventually see all the variations.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
So I might have triggered the glitch so I get to test if it gets fixed in the upcoming patch and I have a save from before if not. I will lose a few hours but nothing big.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
So which characters do people like using? Yusuke's charge up attack stacks really high, sot hat's quite nice, and Francesca hits surprisingly hard with her staff and brings the healing. I've recruited tons more but haven't gotten around to trying them all out yet. I do like Wyler so far.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I thought you guys said the backer demo save data was compatible.

Do I have to import it myself manually?!

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on difficulty? I chose hard and I'm sleeping through battles so far. Does this game add any new systems later? Interesting progression?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So which characters do people like using? Yusuke's charge up attack stacks really high, sot hat's quite nice, and Francesca hits surprisingly hard with her staff and brings the healing. I've recruited tons more but haven't gotten around to trying them all out yet. I do like Wyler so far.
I'm not far in yet, but Francesca for sure. You're right -- she hits surprisingly hard for being a back-row healer. Her design/dialogue/personality in general are all great too, so that helps! I don't see her leaving my party anytime soon.

So what are the general impressions so far?
Playing on PS5 mainly and loving it. Game is brimming with personality, humor, vibrant colors, memorable characters, and many of the other things that fans love about the series... and some of the annoying ones too. LOL But overall, like I've said before, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of it, and it's been the perfect game to play as a follow-up to FF7 Rebirth. It takes me back to simpler times.

Last edited:

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
FWIW I personally bounced off Star Ocean R after about 15 hours - it was fun and I was enjoying it until I started to feel the combat was getting repetative. I wish it had been more tactical and turn-based, which it sounds like Hundred Heroes is. So I'm looking forward to this one a lot more than I was leading up to Star Ocean R, personally. I doubt that really helps you much with your decision though. I will say Star Ocean R on the Deck was an absolutely excellent experience.

I appreciate the ancedotes!

Ultimately I'm sure I'll get both.
I just play slow unfortunately, so I can't do both at once.

I was going to get SO but I didn't even realize this one was coming out in time for the flight so that does feel pretty fortuitous… probably will get this so at least I can keep up with the discourse lol

Oct 26, 2017
So what are the general impressions so far?

It's a Suikoden-ass Suikoden game in everything but name. That is, a very charming casual adventure early on with likable characters and smooth systems, that will probably turn into a tragedy of epic proportions later on.

Oh, and it has actual real dungeons and exploration, and it's quite open with little handholding, and it has actual inventory management. And HD towns.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's out with some EA thing. Do I get that as a KS backer?

Edit: Found!

Last edited:

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So is this game just a huge technical shit show on consoles or what? Seeing mutterings throughout the thread but no clear consensus it seems.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So is it out on Steam digitally for backers? Like I can download it and play it now?

I got the key (I think) from Yetee and it was labeled as Beta, but it was a different key from the earlier beta weeks before.