• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You guys remember when people weren't sure if dark souls would do well on PC? God damn.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
From better do right by it's PC audience. They have really shown overwhelming support for their games despite their shortcomings.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Peaked at 891k. If the port was a bit less shit it would've hit that 1 million for sure.

Either way, amazing results. Curious to hear about sale numbers and hope the patches don't take too long to arrive. Having a blast with the game despite its technical shortcomings.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Dying Light 2 had 280k concurrent which was apparently "bad"…I see now that that was actually ridiculously good.

Oct 25, 2017
What the absolute heck. I had no idea. Imagine if the PC port didn't have a bunch of bad user reviews/impressions/PR over technical aspects.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
890k is insane. It also gets around 800k players every day. This means that ER already sold at least 2-3 ml copies on Steam alone (actually 5-10 ml according to steam spy but I think it's unlikely). I think this game will sell 10-15 ml copies on all platforms till the end of the year

Nov 2, 2017
890k is insane. It also gets around 800k players every day. This means that ER already sold at least 2-3 ml copies on Steam alone (actually 5-10 ml according to steam spy but I think it's unlikely). I think this game will sell 10-15 ml copies on all platforms till the end of the year
I think 5 million+ is possible based on how Cyberpunk 2077 performed.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
This is genuinely impressive, this will hopefully mean the pc version will get fixed soon as they can't just ignore it with these numbers

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
To be honest, from a consumer's point of view, it's terrible. It gives a clear signal that people will buy broken product :(

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
So i've been observing Dying Light and ER CCU wise and Dying Light 2 dropped a whooping 52% of its concurrent users after a week from 245K while ER has only dropped 8-9% after a week, both are single player and co op games too and open world and were #1 and #2 on the Steam Global Wishlist.
If ER stays in the 800K CCU reach come Friday then it might even reach a new Peak by Sunday possibly.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
The game is a lot of fun despite the performance issues and framedrops.

Bamco and From please don't force me to chose between significant more better performing and looking game via a mod or playing online. Unlock the fps (and hz) and ultrawide, it's already working perfectly fine via the fps unlock tool.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
IMO I find the the stuttering issues to be a bit overblown... Maybe it's that I have a G-Sync monitor, but for me it hits every once in a while and is for sure annoying - but it's not a consistent thing. It happens a little bit when I reach a whole new (like, a whole new area - last time I had significant stuttering was when I first entered Liurnia) area but most sessions are pretty smooth for me. FPS is very consistent for me otherwise.
It's not a good port, but it's not unplayable.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
IMO I find the the stuttering issues to be a bit overblown... Maybe it's that I have a G-Sync monitor, but for me it hits every once in a while and is for sure annoying - but it's not a consistent thing. It happens a little bit when I reach a whole new (like, a whole new area - last time I had significant stuttering was when I first entered Liurnia) area but most sessions are pretty smooth for me. FPS is very consistent for me otherwise.
It's not overblown, it just affects different people differently. My game is almost completely fine but my friend's is basically unplayable because it stutters so much.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I played through most of the game prior to the recent patch and found the stutter was completely trivial. Then after the patch till the end of the game I had no stutter whatsoever.

I too was running G-Sync. And a 5950X and NVME4.0 drive - perhaps the specs help. I also have Steam overlay disabled globally out of preference. And I was playing offline. Perhaps all these things contributed to my experience.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Elden Ring looks like it's going for the elusive Second Week Peak. For a (mostly) single player game that's this well known to hit a new concurrent peak on like day 9 is very rare.

Last edited:

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
It's not overblown, it just affects different people differently. My game is almost completely fine but my friend's is basically unplayable because it stutters so much.
I'm running an OC i5 2500k with a 2060 and have barely any stuttering. I wonder if something is up with certain people's set ups.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
SteamDB saying 927k right now. Absolutely insane numbers. Curious to see official sales numbers, but this should blow past From releases out of the water.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm running an OC i5 2500k with a 2060 and have barely any stuttering. I wonder if something is up with certain people's set ups.
The weird thing is that it seems to be disconnected from the actual specs of one's pc
Like, it runs worse on my 5 year newer $2200 pc than on my brother's older $1500 (at the time) pc

And wew lad the lands between aren't the only thing with big peaks

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
It's insane how it's managing to keep up the momentum and peak beyond the first weekend. I think that's unheard of for a single player game right ?

OP
OP
AshenOne

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It happens sometimes but it's pretty rare.
To my knowledge it hasn't yet happened for any AAA or AA paid game that had a steam page for several months and a marketing campaign started months back.

I've only seen it happen that got released on STEAM with little fanfare or games that grow over time through the word of mouth like indie hits or games like Sea of Thieves..

Anyways this is pretty huge. The game has been consistently keeping 800K players playing concurrently throughout the 7+ days. Its not reaching 1m tomorrow definitely cause Sunday CCU increases are very small in comparison to Saturdays however if by some miracle, this phenomenon repeats itself next weekend then its 100000000% reaching 1m.

Kazen

May 31, 2019
Wonder how big the production budget for next FROM's game is going to be after this insane success.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It's insane how it's managing to keep up the momentum and peak beyond the first weekend. I think that's unheard of for a single player game right ?

The fact that it is a huge game with things to do after beating it helps.

People who are hooked wont stop playing for sometime now + new people are joining the club daily

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This game has hit the main main stream yall. Like I'm seeing regular job schmoe anime/TV reaction channels playing it. People who have absolutely no idea about how Souls works.

And the crazy thing is they're coming back. I think this really says something about the way From designed this open world+plus their already amazing combat design. People are hooked.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Got my brother into it who has never played a Souls game. And he's obsessed now. Loves learning all the systems and weird soul-isms

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I wonder if this makes From more or less likely to fix the PC version. Hopefully the former.
Me too. Very patiently waiting for it to get patched to start playing. I'm dying over here to play it but I know my experience will be miserable.

Thank goodness Witch Queen came out and Tunic relatively soon to keep my mind off of it.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Seeing a Souls successor getting this kind of mainstream attention just warms the cockles of my heart.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be interesting to see how many units this sells over its lifetime. I wonder if 20 mil is even possible. I remember when I went to pick up my physical copy of the game from Best Buy on release day. I got in the store 20 min after they opened, and the Best Buy rep told me I was like the 50th person to have picked the game up. And this was only 20 min after the store opened! So, yeah, none of this is all that surprising after my Best Buy experience.