• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Have you ever seen on Twitter that when Silent Hill is trending topic, is always when it's super foggy out there and people say "Wow, this looks like Silent Hill". Yeah, that's the legacy of Keiichiro Toyama, Akira Yamaoka and Konami: always seeing "silent hill" trending on Twitter because there's fog. Pretty sure a lot more people are making the joke than playing the game.

Well, now we have another game that seems to be reaching that milestone of "Recurring joke when weather is bad". Have you ever reached Caelid from Elden Ring? Yeah, that orange sky part of the map. Well, that area has been trending on the Spain section of Twitter.

fe4SxV3.jpg

Is it because lot of people love that area? Heck no. Spain is suffering some Saharan calima, or haze... A lot of sand from the Sahara is on the air, basically; and the skies are pretty orange right now.

FN0nLiuWYAEEDM3

And thus,s earching the term Caelid, brings responses like this, claiming that they're living in Caelid.

q6Z40rG.jpg

9tj2WFk.jpg

pE775HZ.jpg

Congrats to FromSoftware for becoming such a well wide loved developer. This is an example of videogames entering the mainstream.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What exactly is going on weather-wise tho?

And yeah, I was a little thrown when transported to that cave and high-tailed it to what luckily was the exit and came out to that shit haha.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I have some friends that understand the Silent Hill fog thing now, but were out of the loop for years.

So this is what it feels like.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The sky is yellow here in Switzerland, kinda pretty but strange.

5gLWD21TKwK9li_Sr9jMuS.jpg
This shot makes me think of modern video-art and similar indie videogames, as if it was some sort of filter.

Oh yeah, the first time games went mainstream: 2022
It's so weird how mainstream games have become, though... Nowadays when I pass by a group of young men in the streets more often than not they're talking about games. Or maybe it's just that we're more conditioned to notice when it happens.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The difference is that SIlent Hill is an old IP while ER is the hot stuff.
It's a terrible comparison and everyone need to calm down with ER and FS in general.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Caelid ain't got nothing on the lake of blood at Mohgwyn's Palace lol

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This is really mean and unfair.

Caelid doesn't have gators
or Floridia Man

To scare away a typical naked and crazed Caelid Man you have to make a circle shape with your arms which confuses them.
8umn3IZ.jpg

This guy was standing in the rot sipping flasks until he ran at us and killed us both

Last edited:

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm from Morocco, the red sky has been more apparent here, but we have had this several times before. I don't get why it's suddenly something noteworthy.
What exactly is going on weather-wise tho?

And yeah, I was a little thrown when transported to that cave and high-tailed it to what luckily was the exit and came out to that shit haha.
It's because of heavy wind in Morocco carrying lots of sand in the air, making the sky look red. Apparently it's also visible in Spain. But it isn't that rare, perhaps people in Spain have never seen it before and it has never reached this far.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Morocco, the red sky has been more apparent here, but we have had this several times before. I don't get why it's suddenly something noteworthy.

It's because of heavy wind in Morocco carrying lots of sand in the air, making the sky look red. Apparently it's also visible in Spain. But it isn't that rare, perhaps people in Spain have never seen it before and it has never reached this far.
It has happen multiple times in Spain. Its not like a one per year thing, but its something thats not super rare at all. Sometimes its more pronounced than others.
Its only that people now can attatch a joke to it instead of just, oh the sky is orange.
pE775HZ.jpg

Congrats to FromSoftware for becoming such a well wide loved developer. This is an example of videogames entering the mainstream.
Not gonna lie, the Murcia one is funny.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I literally spend 2 minutes in Caelid, look at the scenery, hear the soundtrack of that area & nope right the hell out of there. Hopefully I'm not missing much, although I think a questline I want to tackle is in that direction.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
I literally spend 2 minutes in Caelid, look at the scenery, hear the soundtrack of that area & nope right the hell out of there. Hopefully I'm not missing much, although I think a questline I want to tackle is in that direction.
I know how you feel but you're gonna have to venture in there eventually

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It has happen multiple times in Spain. Its not like a one per year thing, but its something thats not super rare at all. Sometimes its more pronounced than others.
Its only that people now can attatch a joke to it instead of just, oh the sky is orange.
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
that's kinda cool

He went on to make Chrono Cross, after Chrono 2 turned into Xenogears, which is something he *really* wanted to do.

I hope CAELID can take over the notoriority of Blighttown.

blighttown will always be my go-to for low FPS messes sadly

damn, no lies here

ahahaha *sobs*