Steam Confirmation

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
thread title says Steam. no Steam version confirmed.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

DNtKFXt.jpg

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Initial enemy rankings (of those I could make out):

10. guy on horse (jobber)
9. dragon who wields lightning like Zeus
8. big knight standing next to lady
7. guy with weird mask
6. other guy with weird mask
5. still other guy with weird mask
4. giant head boss
3. boss with lots of arms
2. ethereal stagg
1. jar with arms

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
"this looks just like all of those other GOTY games From has also made" is a weird complaint.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
the souls formula is really tired out to me, i was hoping this would be a bigger departure

it looks more like Sekiro? is this a predefined character? i'm not sure how i feel about this

Yeah I feel the same. Just looked and felt like generic From software design and aesthetics. It's almost paint by the numbers for them, some of the areas look nice with vegetation and colours, but then it's back to dreary brown dead world with From monsters meets Resident Evil bosses. Would thought with Martin on board there would be a cast of characters, maybe a town with people or something living.

Happy for the fans. But I'm personally dissatisfied with what's shown here at least.

Oct 26, 2017
Just disappointed that it seemingly fails to be as distinct from the main Souls series as Bloodborne and Sekiro were. FROM has shown they can get creative with the formula, this feels like a regression.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Man, that trailer bummed me out. Said they were creating a brand new universe and both visually and in terms of dialogue it just seems like Dark Souls 4 with a more open world. I had really hoped for a much more creative interpretation of the fantasy genre.

Fantasy can be so much more than fire-spewing dragons and cryptical hooded maidens.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Graphically it looks extremely dated, I think they're pushing their engine to its limits to get this to run on PS4 and Xbox One.

Everything else looks pretty dang cool.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
oh God, give me 60fps and instant loading on PS5. I don't buy AAA games at release anymore, but From Software is exception.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait to be just in that world and meeting all these people who will stare at me and do their weird creepy laugh.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The graphics and the monster designs looked great, as always but I'm also a little disappointed. I was hoping for a bigger change up to the gameplay. Seems like they made Dark Souls 4 and just gave it a different name.

I'm sure it will still be great and maybe there will be more surprises they haven't shown yet, we will have to wait and see.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like dark souls 4 but it has been long enough since 3 that I am fine with that.

I never expected this to be a current gen game so the graphics don't bother me that much, it looks fine for a last gen game.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dawg I'mma be real with y'all.
This just looks like more Souls. Not that that's a bad thing at all, but I feel like I'm missing something that some people seem to have picked up on.
Some people are just ecstatic because this game was hyped to heaven and back: FromSoftware, GRRM, long hiatus after initial reveal...

All that doesn't really amount to much right now and only the test of time will tell us if this game is any good or one of weaker Souls games.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the more I look at it, the more I wish it had more of a unique identity. So many things can be traced back to the Dark Souls series in the trailer that I can't help but feel the game is playing it a bit too safe.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna pretend this is Berserk. Idc what it's called, IT'S FUCKING BERSERK!

Day one!

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Oh… it's just more Souls?
Maybe I had entirely wrong impressions/expectations but for some reason I was expecting something quite a bit different.
Looks good though, obviously.

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
I don't know if anyone else felt this vibe, but when watching and seeing all of these large/colossal type enemies, I immediately thought "Shadow of the Colossus" inspired enemies!