• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Open world, stealth, mount exploration and combat, world by Miyazaki and RR Martin... Yep, Souls clone.
It's from the people who make souls.
What's with these fucking takes
Why don't Nintendo stop making these damn Mario clones?

Yeah,trailer literally looked like a dated Souls clone especially after the ps5 remake and i am only talking about the trailer,dont know further gameplay details,love to be proven wrong in the future though

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
HD Screenshots from the Website
16.jpg
17.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

ProZach

Oct 27, 2017
Very disappointed. The lore, setting, art is just dark souls 3. The animations have big dark souls 2 energy, ie shit.

was hoping for Miyazaki to flex his creativity more

damn

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
It's literally the most perfect reveal of a game ever and I can't wait to sink many hours into this guaranteed masterpiece

Oct 25, 2017
English trailer says "PC Digital Download" (same as the website), but the Japanese trailer has a Steam logo.
Any more info on that? Did Epic buy exclusivity?

unknown.png

unknown.png

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
SWAMPS ARE BACK!! Ahahahaha

ELDEN RING features vast fantastical landscapes and shadowy, complex dungeons that are connected seamlessly.

Traverse the breathtaking world on foot or on horseback, alone or online with other players, and fully immerse yourself in the grassy plains, suffocating swamps, spiraling mountains, foreboding castles and other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell did Geoff Keighley get this big of an exclusive? Good for him!

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Graphics looks very underwhelming, it doesnt look better than Dark Souls 3. Either way im in I know it'll be a solid game but Demon's Soul Remastered obviously spoiled me.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I NEED A PHONE CALL, FLAME SIGNAL,TAG, for whenever the collectors edition is announced....

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
4k Footage looks really nice but certainly not next-gen nice. Still, cannot wait for more Souls!

ced

Oct 27, 2017
en.bandainamcoent.eu

ELDEN RING

*/ The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between. In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered...
Wow so there's where that "Great Rune" leak came from.

Marika's offspring, demigods all, claimed the shards of the Elden Ring known as the Great Runes

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
It's been more than half a decade since FROM made an actual RPG Souls-like. I've been waiting so long for this. Sekiro scratches a different itch.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Next-gen consoles aren't listed on Bandai Namco's website. Odd.

3WfBpoN.png

en.bandainamcoent.eu

ELDEN RING

*/ The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between. In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered...

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I think I was hoping for something a bit more different than Dark Souls 4, but yeah, that world and those creature designs look insanely fucking cool so of course I'm in. I think I'm a bit over the Souls brand of difficult games by now, but if this is open-world and all that, it might have even more ways of cheesing the game than the Souls games ever had so I'm excited about all that.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It looks fucking amazing. But after Demons remake from software should have upped their graphics game

May 31, 2019
Is this the new "Sony shot themself in the foot..." meme?

I may've been... a bit extreme. It's 6am here and I've been up all night. if he's only joking, whatever. if he's at all serious/guessing/knows something...do other people not find that annoying?? (combined with the fact that it's become virtually impossible to tell anymore what might be have a hint of truth to it and what is just whatever)

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I wish I got excited for FromSoftware/Soulsborne games the way the whole internet seems to. That trailer did nothing for me.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
SWAMPS ARE BACK!! Ahahahaha

ELDEN RING features vast fantastical landscapes and shadowy, complex dungeons that are connected seamlessly.

Traverse the breathtaking world on foot or on horseback, alone or online with other players, and fully immerse yourself in the grassy plains, suffocating swamps, spiraling mountains, foreboding castles and other sites of grandeur on a scale never seen before in a FromSoftware title.

Poison swamp confirmed!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Looks great! Super excited for more Miyazaki. I didn't enjoy Sekiro (despite really digging the setting and world, but I wasn't having fun playing it like I did the Souls games), so I'm hoping this is more in line with the Souls games mechanically, which it looks to be, with some cool wrinkles and additions (like horses to ride in combat). January is sooner than I was expecting too, though I won't hold them to it if it slips. The pandemic has still put a monkey wrench in game development.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
I really like the setting. I never played a Soul game and I might jump on this one.

Maybe this game will have more story than the Souls game (storytelling), could be more engaging.

I saw people being a bit disappointed. I mean it's From Software right there after all, I couldn't see them spitting in the face of the fan base and completely changing the formula.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So incredible hyped for this. Looks better than i expected and that fucking art man.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely looks cross-gen. Which idgaf because it's a Miyazaki game. Release date before I go hollow tarnish.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at all the 'it's just a souls game' comments... the game looks like it plays more like a combination of Bloodborne + Sekiro than any of the souls games. The art design is also far more vibrant in terms of its colour palette than any of those too. I feel like anything From do that is within the fantasy setting will just be labelled 'another souls game' even though this looks like it's going above and beyond what those games did.

Even if it did look and play like a Souls game then it would be awesome. People said the same exact thing about Bloodborne.

Oct 28, 2017
It looks very creative and very safe at the same time. I mean, I'm always down for more Fromsoft but not gonna lie, the female guide with the ethereal voice, the mad king, the sullen knight, the horror high fantas - It's getting a bit predictable.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Next-gen consoles aren't listed on Bandai Namco's website. Odd.

3WfBpoN.png

en.bandainamcoent.eu

ELDEN RING

Wouldn't at all be surprised if they advertise it for current-gen but only mention that the game will get BC performance boosts, a-la Mass Effect Collection.