Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Beat my first boss at the S
iofra
River. Phew.

Alright some questions:

- Do I need to buy the Blue Cipher Ring to play co-op? Says needed to answer summons from hunters.

- What do Rune Arcs do exactly?

Oct 27, 2017
Excessive stutter and slowdowns, as seen here:

that shit happening to carnage hasn't happened to me once in the 10 hours ive played i really think even though his system is waay better than mine that seems like its on his end lol probably has like 10 usbs ons his pc... using shit everywhere.. the only stutter i get at in the open world... in caves i get 60 fps on a 2060...

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Stormhill. The gate by the bandit camp, direclty north after you enter Stormhill, Warmaster's Shack.
Thank you very much, you don't happen to know if there's a pattern to finding map fragments right? I found the one for the east side but would like to find the west side one as well.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Margit aint playing no fucking games good lord

this bitch has the two most annoying characteristics of any boss fight imo

1) the ''I jump away every time you have an opening to attack"" kind of shit
2) the "I delay every single attack by 2 hours just to fuck you up while you try to roll""

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodhound Knight Darriwil in that blue circle arena to the southeast of the map

Fuck this boss.

That is all.

He's not too bad. He seems to be a tutorialization for dodging in and staying close. He only has two move chains when you're up close, and one of them (the three count swing, plus his overhead followup) leaves him open for a guaranteed three hits. Stay close, be patient, wreck face

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you very much, you don't happen to know if there's a pattern to finding map fragments right? I found the one for the east side but would like to find the west side one as well.
I'm not sure, sorry, only found the first one. Currently exploring bottom right of map to look for another.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Played for about two hours. Even for a souls veteran i find it overwhelming in a good way..., but where can i level up? Lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

There's a sort of brown structure that shows up on the map to indicate where the fragments are.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Look for icons like these on the map
scyA6N5.png

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this sort of item has been in a Souls game before but the mimic's veil got a laugh out of me. We MGS now :P

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Where can I get a good long sword?

I've been using the standard long sword for nearly 20 hours 😩

Seconding this - I've been using the Confessor's starting broadsword since the start and I don't want to start throwing better upgrade materials at it… found a few great swords, a few great axes, lots of big heavy weapons, but no other straight swords! I think I must be blind, I'm gonna have to start using a hammer or something at this rate

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Bloodhound Knight Darriwil in that blue circle arena to the southeast of the map

Fuck this boss.

That is all.

Managed to beat this guy easy by....

Jumping Attacks. Most of his hits are low to the ground, and he's really susceptible to stagger. I was able to dodge all his attack by backing up / jumping attacks when he got close. He would get stunned and give me breathing room to either get another hit in or back off.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Started as a Wretch earlier today and played semi-carefully. Reached level 11 at about 6 hours (having seen most of the Limgrave outdoors on horseback). I have leggings and chainmail and currently using a broadsword. The first enemy camp (near the gates) was the most helpful and enemies randomly dropped a few of of these items replaying it twice. I was only in my undergarments however and wielding a club until level 6~7 or so.

I got close to taking the giant at the gate with lower level and practically no gear so I will revisit him now.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
So newcomer to the genre, started in a safe area around the swamp open a chest and the game teleport me to a crystal cave north east of the map, I get out can't teleport back to the starting area no horse nothing, it's an area well above my level.
I'm really pissed rn

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New to Souls games & summoning. Friend wants to play together. Haven't started the game yet.

Am I right in assuming that if two players beat a boss, only the host gets rewards/progress and the summoned player is more just an assist?

Or if 2 people are exploring the world together can they both get souls/items or whatever?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
New to Souls games & summoning. Friend wants to play together. Haven't started the game yet.

Am I right in assuming that if two players beat a boss, only the host gets rewards/progress and the summoned player is more just an assist?

Or if 2 people are exploring the world together can they both get souls/items or whatever?

Check threadmarks for co-op information. But yes, only host gets items and game progress.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I just leveled up my INT to be able to memorize the fire sling spell and I equipped a staff, but I cant cast it.

What I am missing?

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
man, i really shouldn't have started as the prisoner. the rapier/estoc is such a boring weapon and it's taking me a while to level up the required stats to dump it for any of the different weapons i've found. oh well at least i have a toilet seat helmet

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
He's not too bad. He seems to be a tutorialization for dodging in and staying close. He only has two move chains when you're up close, and one of them (the three count swing, plus his overhead followup) leaves him open for a guaranteed three hits. Stay close, be patient, wreck face

Got him (spoilers for southeast corner arena boss)

I fucked up the critical hit too lol, you can see me back away and then when I realised he was staggered I went back in but it was too late. Also i almost choked near the end, isnt that always the case :D

greenry

Oct 27, 2017
So newcomer to the genre, started in a safe area around the swamp open a chest and the game teleport me to a crystal cave north east of the map, I get out can't teleport back to the starting area no horse nothing, it's an area well above my level.
I'm really pissed rn

Go right out of the shack and sprint down past the enemies. There is a site of grace really close. You can get outside from there. Once outside you can mount up again.

Hollow Palm

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 24, 2022
man, i really shouldn't have started as the prisoner. the rapier/estoc is such a boring weapon and it's taking me a while to level up the required stats to dump it for any of the different weapons i've found. oh well at least i have a toilet seat helmet

You can get a katana from a dungeon pretty early on (11str, 15dex)

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Margit but I don't know... I struggled so much...

this bitch has the two most annoying characteristics of any boss fight imo

1) the ''I jump away every time you have an opening to attack"" kind of shit
2) the "I delay every single attack by 2 hours just to fuck you up while you try to roll""
Because of this. Right there with you, hate it. I hope other boss fights are more fun, I can't remember the last time I struggled like this on a souls fight XD

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really pissed rn

Your best option is to run like hell - that trap got me earlier, the way out is to your left, down the ledge as you leave the hut you spawn in (if you go up any slopes you're going the wrong way). You'll have to roll a few times to avoid the sorceries getting blasted at you, but it only takes about 20 seconds or so from that starting point to get to the exit if you run!

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to stay dark until I'm in the endgame so I'm just popping in to say, 15 hours in, I love this game and I hope everyone else is having a great time.

Playing PS4 version on PS5 is working great except a couple moments where the grass pops in and out rapidly; has happened once in those 15 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.