IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
He's a big loser and a total waste of time. I hate him and he's stupid and he stinks. Fuck that idiot. What a terrible useless guy. Not good. I rate him poorly. I really love to spend over 100 FP on a gormless dickhead dude who can't fight and he knows he can't fight, and he's proud that he doesn't know how to fight. 0/10.

Ah okay yeah ha ha. He did seem kind of useless from the blurb but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Just encountered my first savestate hacker with infinite health and what seemed like infinite FP. Lame as fuck.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow so I'm a INT/DEX character and I've been using a Bloody Schmitar the whole game - my damage output hasn't been amazing but I've been mostly relying on my spells and bleed to deal big damage. Satisfyingly enough for me. (bc I like bleed)

Well I thought I'd try out a Moonveil+10 Katana because I saw it used INT scaling and also has bleed and my FUCKING christ the damage output is insane comparatively to my Schmitar+25. 😭 And this has bleed too???

Game changer. Though I've almost finished the game lmao.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wow so I'm a INT/DEX character and I've been using a Bloody Schmitar the whole game - my damage output hasn't been amazing but I've been mostly relying on my spells and bleed to deal big damage. Satisfyingly enough for me. (bc I like bleed)

Well I thought I'd try out a Moonveil+10 Katana because I saw it used INT scaling and also has bleed and my FUCKING christ the damage output is insane comparatively to my Schmitar+25. 😭 And this has bleed too???

That's been my main weapon my entire playthrough! It used to be even better but the weapon skill got a slight nerf.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
Volcano crew already coming through for me. This spell she gave me is great and is a sorcery that does fire damage which is ace. Fire damage is so useful.

Annoying know what Depraved Perfumer Carmaan's deal is? Is he some kind of support spirit?
He's a big loser and a total waste of time. I hate him and he's stupid and he stinks. Fuck that idiot. What a terrible useless guy. Not good. I rate him poorly. I really love to spend over 100 FP on a gormless dickhead dude who can't fight and he knows he can't fight, and he's proud that he doesn't know how to fight. 0/10.

Goddamn lmao

Also Ivor there is a "support" version of Carmaan called Perfumer Tricia, and sometimes she puts that defense perfume (very similar to the Wondrous Flask bubble) on you. But remember perfumes are proximity based and she follows you around at the speed of an Elden Ring dog. The other thing she did when I tried her was occasionally slosh out some fire AOE, usually nowhere near the boss. I tried her on Malenia and she was full health the entire fight because she never took aggro.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

Did you change your Schmitar to a magic type? Still won't be as good as moonveil but should be better than default.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
I've had to restart for reasons and wanted to check if there was anything late game for faith/str builds that beat the golden halberd or staff of the avatar. Anything else I should look for post capital?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the crap post but is anyone having trouble launching on Xbox? I get a weird generic error I've not seen before. Other games are fine and connection is fine.

Ah...getting an error code now, will Google it.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but are there any staffs better than the Meteorite Staff with its S scaling for INT?

Also, had a humbling NG+ encounter with the Ball Bearing Hunter yesterday. Even at RL 167 he beat me more times than I care to admit. Was trying to stay true to my INT focused run, but ended up having to pull out the +10 Moonveil to take him down. SMH.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Tell us how you really feel though!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

Wait until you see what the Blasphemous Blade +10 does.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but are there any staffs better than the Meteorite Staff with its S scaling for INT?

Also, had a humbling NG+ encounter with the Ball Bearing Hunter yesterday. Even at RL 167 he beat me more times than I care to admit. Was trying to stay true to my INT focused run, but ended up having to pull out the +10 Moonveil to take him down. SMH.

Carian Regal Scepter ends up being the best staff overall once you upgrade it and have high Int. Lusat's Staff has higher scaling but increases FP costs so it's only really used with the Meme Azure setup.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Just hang on to Meteorite - it takes a long time for Carian Regal to be worth it, and (could be wrong but) I think it will never outperform the Meteorite's additional damage boost for gravity spells (rock sling).

Carian Regal is the best all-rounder for endgame.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Just hang on to Meteorite - it takes a long time for Carian Regal to be worth it, and (could be wrong but) I think it will never outperform the Meteorite's additional damage boost for gravity spells (rock sling).

Carian eventually does more damage with rock sling. Can't remember if it was at +9 or +10.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I feel so trolled when I die because my lock on suddenly swings around to some trash mob when I'm swinging for a big guy. Or my character gets hung up on a toe high pebble when I try to run or roll.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Carian Regal Scepter ends up being the best staff overall once you upgrade it and have high Int. Lusat's Staff has higher scaling but increases FP costs so it's only really used with the Meme Azure setup.

Interesting. Will seek this one out and start the process of upgrading it.

Edit: aww shit that's the one with extemely highly INT requirement. Lol

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
To shake things up, I've done a few "benevolent invasions" in Stormveil. I won't attack the host or their Fingers, they can go for me all they want and I can Bloodhound's Step out of it, and hopefully convince them I mean no harm.

So far I helped one dude get away from the Grafted Scion, grab a key and show him back to an elevator to the nearest Grace, and I've shown a pair at the boss's door how to get to the hidden boss, which earned me a lot of thanks.

In both cases the hosts eventually died of natural causes, letting mobs or whatever kill them, and I earned my rune arcs, but I think I'll stick to the role that can help with enemies.

Wish the game let me damage AI enemies as a red phantom. It would be cool to really troll the system in the name of kindness.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not perfect myself, but a lot of times when I coop the hosts in this game are going in like

dSGk2HMayT4nZs5zAkMFx-L44FQ=.gif

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Finally beat the game after being stuck on the last boss for longer than anything else in the game. I feel like there is some trick I just never figured out because my performance was inconsistent and I could never tell when the boss would regenerate health. Kind of killed my momentum a bit, and I am going to shelve the game until DLC comes out. My level was 150 - I stopped leveling up because things eventually felt on the easy side of balanced and I was ok with that for the endgame.

I played most of the game as an aggressive glass cannon melee battle mage with Crystal Sword and then Wing of Astel, with some glintstone pebbles thrown into the mix. Other spells accounted for maybe 3-5% of my total spell usage, so I really wasted my sky high INT. I thought the higher level spells would be more compelling! My play style would probably fit STR better, but I can count on two hands the number of times I parried an attack in this game which is so different from how I played DeS back on PS3 and Bloodborne. I ended up relying on magic a lot for the last fight and it wasn't as rewarding.

I have all the Dark Souls games but never got into them for some reason. Will give them a try this summer for sure. DeS, Bloodborne, and Elden Ring are all 10/10 for me.

Nov 19, 2019
Ah okay yeah ha ha. He did seem kind of useless from the blurb but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
This is so crazy to me because DPC was my primary Spirit Ash for much of my first play through. He heals himself, is tanky, and keeps distance well. Not a great damage dealer but wonderful at being an aggro juggling friend.

Jun 24, 2019

Is it that good?!

My go to weapons are the 10+Meteoric Ore Blade and 14+Carian Glintstone staff.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
SL 152 here and Malenia is absolutely fucking bodying me. The health regen is so fucking intense it feels like she can get half her health back if you get caught by a combo. Paticularly that dance nonsense.

Tried parrying and found they added a trick where you got to do it 3 times? Then the damage was only like 1k its brutal.

Best result I've had is to just spam Moonveil skill which feels like cheating for how much more damage it does than any other option. Almost tempted to just grab 20 more levels and pump them into dex to try and get more damage output. Honestly this boss fucking sucks.

She almost broke my will.

Keep playing. Its possible.

Lets us know when you beat her.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
This is so crazy to me because DPC was my primary Spirit Ash for much of my first play through. He heals himself, is tanky, and keeps distance well. Not a great damage dealer but wonderful at being an aggro juggling friend.
I did use a touch of hyperbole in my criticism. He's below average.

and he looks like a pillock.
plus all his fancy perfumes smell like arseholes. And he can't fight and he doesn't even care! He stands there throwing flames at NOTHING. Fuck him arrrrgh!

Tell us how you really feel though!
When I found him, I thought it said "Depraved Perfumer Caravan", which sounds awesome. I was so disappointed when I busted it out and it was one, incredibly lacklustre, stupid looking, annoying bozo. That disappointment may have affected my ability to rationally access his usefulness. He's a worthless prat and a wanker and I wanted a caravan.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I think im done with the game. On my way to Journey 4 and done all quests.

Anybody wanna do some rune duping?
I'm thinking of making a lvl 713 character lol. Gonna take a long time though.
PS4/PS5

Feral Gingy

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I started my playthrough as samurai and noticed the armor says altered. Weird to start with a non standard armor. Are there other classes that have altered stuff too?

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Started my second playthrough with a caster and it definitely feels different. It is quite embarrassing because I keep dying despite all my knowledge. Low vigor is a curse!

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I think im done with the game. On my way to Journey 4 and done all quests.

Started journey 4 on console, can't be arsed starting a new character, knowing how much I struggled initially, I'd rather remain a brute force and destroy everything in 1 hit and most bosses within 5 hits! I keep playing through just to see how much harder the enemies hit and the vigor they have compared to previous runs.

I'm also slowly plodding through my journey 1 playthrough on pc. I'm doing a lot better on pc, compared to console (eg: I've beaten Margit and Godrick when I was under level 20. Whereas it took me until level 40 to be able to throttle Margit and about level 60 to topple Godrick). Not doing anything different, in fact my weapon and even my spirit ashes are weaker than they were when I played through on console. I guess I'm just positioning myself better and using defence more as a form of offence.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I put 300+ hours into the PC and got all the achievements. I don't feel completely done with the game but I do want to shelve it for a bit. I was able to play maxed out at 2k resolution and with the framerate locked to 40 (only went down in the 30's when fighting Dragons), otherwise the constant fluctuations from 40-60 just drove me nuts.

I'm thinking of getting the PS5 version at some point. How much of a different experience will it be? I know the framerate isn't solid but is it mostly on par with the PC version in terms of graphics? I heard there's some bad pop-in in the Altus Plateau region on consoles...is that the case?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm SL 142 exploring some late game area. I'm destroying everything in sight, but you guys are scaring me with this Malenia fight lol.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Changed my build as suggested by some of you here to the Bushido,black flame DEX/Faith on my Samurai with Phantom Slash,its pretty fun but now I ran out of smithing Stone 1 and 2,went to all merchants and I need those to raise the Dragonslayer Seal...if I kill a merchant that sold them,will their bearing that I give at the roundtable have them for sale ?.

I tried killing some Trolls but they drop anything...

Oct 29, 2017
Changed my build as suggested by some of you here to the Bushido,black flame DEX/Faith on my Samurai with Phantom Slash,its pretty fun but now I ran out of smithing Stone 1 and 2,went to all merchants and I need those to raise the Dragonslayer Seal...if I kill a merchant that sold them,will their bearing that I give at the roundtable have them for sale ?.

I tried killing some Trolls but they drop anything...
Didn't you get the bearing with the first two for sale yet? In the case of bearing: of it had a limited number of items to sell it never goes up again even if you give the bearing to the husks. Example:

I bought one time from a merchant a item that he only had two, if I give it to the husks I will only able to buy that one. You are giving the husks the bearing of the shop of when you killed them.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
I'm SL 142 exploring some late game area. I'm destroying everything in sight, but you guys are scaring me with this Malenia fight lol.
For what it's worth, I was around that level and with a Rivers of Blood it took me maybe 4-5 tries to beat her, and wasn't that hard. Honestly, everything from the capital on has been a cakewalk for me because I guess I accidentally over-levelled (I guess by doing all the underground stuff before the capital?), and was using Bloodhound's Fang which I didn't know was kind of an overpowered weapon (I just picked it at random early in the game).

Baseline

Jun 1, 2019
Portland, OR
I put 300+ hours into the PC and got all the achievements. I don't feel completely done with the game but I do want to shelve it for a bit. I was able to play maxed out at 2k resolution and with the framerate locked to 40 (only went down in the 30's when fighting Dragons), otherwise the constant fluctuations from 40-60 just drove me nuts.

I'm thinking of getting the PS5 version at some point. How much of a different experience will it be? I know the framerate isn't solid but is it mostly on par with the PC version in terms of graphics? I heard there's some bad pop-in in the Altus Plateau region on consoles...is that the case?
Like you said the frame rate isn't that solid. But what annoyed me the most was the pop in is some of the larger areas. Switched to the ps4 version on ps5, runs a lot smoother

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Is it just me or do the hand spiders look like Rykard's hands? The big ones look to be the same size and most of them are wearing similar jewelry.