pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
So what weapon are y'all faith builds using? I respec for a faith build but most of the faith weapons I've tried are pretty meh, Godslayer GS is the only one that worked for me

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
that troll wall what the hell from at least it just leads back to the manor and isnt towards some new loot ...but now i refuse to believe everyone has seen everything in this game despite the rapid rate of discovery the community has done

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Yeah northern Caelid scaling seems fucked.

The divine tower boss is too strong for me.

Went to Fort Faroth and the enemies here are way too strong for me too. What's the point of the medallion half being here if it's behind a near endgame level area and no one is going to use the lift as their first path up to the capital?
I must say that I ended up getting medallion way before I knew what it was for, and even first than the other half because when I got teleported to Sellia Crystal Tunnel at level 16, I decided to stay in Calid until I got most of the area explored.
that wall has to be a bug for heavens sakes
Imagine them nerfing the other walls in the next patch to make them like this one.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
My friend was completely in love with the game since launch and taking his time, started disliking his time with it after the Capital, today he messaged me he finished and uninstalled the game and said it was heartbreaking how much he hated the last part. Didn't expect this from him but I can somewhat understand, I'm still playing it but those areas left a sour taste that never really went away.
Maybe one day he will come around on it

May 24, 2021
There is a wall in the Volcano Manor that only opens when hit 50 times. Now people are wondering what else does that...

I've been thinking about that too. There's been a few points where I walked up and smacked a wall that absolutely looked like it would be perfect for an illusory wall, and now I'm wondering if any of those might have also functioned like this, lol

soooo the FOMO of Elden Ring is hitting me

Should I get the PS5 version of the game or wait till they patch it?

If you're cool with digital, buying it on the PS5 store should included both the PS4 and PS5 versions.

But I think if you buy the physical PS4 version, you should also be able to freely download and play the PS5 version (as long as the disc is in).

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodhound step is really the only solution, I hope they patch her.

The attack right now feels pretty bullshit even if it's "fair", people shouldn't be driven into using specific arts to deal with one move. It's very limiting, everyone fight verses her will look the same.

I didn't know she was parryable, ever been into that play style…makes the fight look very low effort

I wrote about that when I went on and on about her in my post and I think right now I'm ok with it since I complained that Sekiro didn't really work in shinobi tools into fights to make that part of the combat system more relevant so I'd feel like a hypocrite swinging back the other way immediately even if the two cases aren't equivalent. Also I agree and wouldn't mind if it was changed since it's quite a bit more strict of an ask from players than any other attack in the game.

I test parry on all bosses just so I know but ever since Champ in DS3 I've stopped parrying bosses entirely. I robbed myself of an experience on that fight as Champ's moveset was, and still is, one of the best I had ever seen. Fromsoft only makes a game every handful of years, and while a ton of the bosses are thematically fantastic and mechanically sound, we will get 1 or at best 2 mechanically outstanding ones per game. It's hard to make an amazing boss moveset and I screwed myself out of enjoying one.

With that video in particular my complaint was more that it's labeled no ash, but barricade shield is an ash. Got excited that someone might have figured out something that no one else has yet.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Is there any trick to traversing large bodies of rot indoors? I've been putting off visiting a lot of caves and tombs the moment I see anything larger than a puddle of rot, but now I find the biggest, dankest poison swamp ever and I need to go through it.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
My friend was completely in love with the game since launch and taking his time, started disliking his time with it after the Capital, today he messaged me he finished and uninstalled the game and said it was heartbreaking how much he hated the last part. Didn't expect this from him but I can somewhat understand, I'm still playing it but those areas left a sour taste that never really went away.
Maybe one day he will come around on it

It's a shame. I actually adore the *design* of Ephael but that set up towards the end that's just 1 Putrid Avatar, 2 proper Halig knights, 3 archers is just all sorts of stupid. The same "just throw enemies at the player" design of Ringed City that I fucking loathe.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Is there any trick to traversing large bodies of rot indoors? I've been putting off visiting a lot of caves and tombs the moment I see anything larger than a puddle of rot, but now I find the biggest, dankest poison swamp ever and I need to go through it.
if its outside use horse

if its in a cave i just make some scarlet rot balls that make the rot go away

scarlet rot is like poison, so it doesnt kill you right away, so pop a ball when you reach a safe, dry spot

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Godskin duo. Why.

It's a shame. I actually adore the *design* of Ephael but that set up towards the end that's just 1 Putrid Avatar, 2 proper Halig knights, 3 archers is just all sorts of stupid. The same "just throw enemies at the player" design of Ringed City that I fucking loathe.

I ran right past that shit.

Bloodhound step weapon ash makes this stuff easy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Make some rot cures.

Sprint to bits of environment sticking out of rot.

Stand on them cure, heal.

Repeat.

Or... look for the mechanic in that area that lets you do something else...

dougie4306

Jul 15, 2021
having some trouble not getting overwhelmed right now lmao

60 hours in and first stepped foot into altus plateau today. dont feel like im anywhere close to done

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Bloodhound step is really the only solution, I hope they patch her.

The attack right now feels pretty bullshit even if it's "fair", people shouldn't be driven into using specific arts to deal with one move. It's very limiting, everyone fight verses her will look the same.

I didn't know she was parryable, ever been into that play style…makes the fight look very low effort
I also don't like how in the second phase the flurry and one other of her air attacks has a really similar start animation, makes reading harder, but that's a me problem

Oct 26, 2017
I'm doing 2 chars side by side at the same time right now (arcane bleed and pure INT, trying weaponless) ,add my first dex/fth so yeah, 3 characters here too lol
I actually did this to practice my sl1 run, You get so crazy OP on a base run I barely knew any of the boss moves.
Truly less skillful than snoozehound dash.

There really are only two (consistent) options for an up-close flurry. Either block the first volley or 4-year-long i-frame dash through it.
I mean I'm joking, lobos inspired many of my runs in these games in his earlier days. I went off him after watching him play nioh tho…

But yeah still bloodhound is more technical. Shield strategy is literally just hold L1, bloodhound you have to time it correctly. To early you get caught, too late you get caught by the next attack.

Ive used both strategies for no damage runs - bloodhound for level1, shield for ng+.

I'm mainly not happy you have to use one of these at all.

And parrying w/ buckler shields is super easy. I'm not a fan of sekiro for the same reason, I think these games shine because positioning is so valuable - parrying strips that away. The extent of sekiro' s positioning is "move away from isshin after deflecting, so he thrust attack"

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
about the same tbh, STR char was the first so naturally things were harder because it was fresh, but not by much. Although if I wasnt using spirits I imagine the mage would actually be much harder for me to the point I prob couldnt do it, I feel spells are quite slow to cast in general and I'm not very good at dodging either, so I don't think I'd enjoy being constantly under pressure like I was on my hammer lady, except without my greatshield to cover me, and without a chance to actually cast my spells. I would have to melee more which is not what I want to do on a mage, if I wanted to melee, I'd play a melee character :P

Yeah I used summons on both, and the sorcerer would have been a nightmare as the spells are so slow, but on this playthrough I'm going to go without for as long as I can.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Ephael is gorgeous but yeah the design is really all over the place, in all of the endgame really tbh, they ditched exploration and decided to clutter all areas with ton of enemies.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to finesse a clean (almost no hit) late-mid game open world boss fight and the closest one I get, my stupid ass falls off a cliff when it has less than 20% left and I curse loud enough to scare my dog, I'm putting myself in time out for a couple hours.

My plan for next time is to go set down a bunch of rainbow stones near the ledge so if I see them I know to go the other way.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com

Millicent | Elden Ring Wiki

Elden Ring Millicent NPC Guide: Where to find Millicent, related quests, services, drops and tips and tricks.

Miquella's Needle | Elden Ring Wiki

Miquella's Needle Consumable Guide: Where to find Miquella's Needle in Elden Ring, Uses, Map, Farming, Crafting, Tips and Tricks.
You need to finish Millicent's questline .

So I have to beat that boss again... on NG+

:(

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up the snow area. I can see why people are not excited about this. The zone felt a bit like an afterthought. Overly linear, with no real new ideas to mix things up. And while I'm overall fine with repeating enemies and bosses, some of them just get a groan out of me at this point.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally looking to jump into this. Any general tips for the first 5 hours or so? Upgrades? Items to hunt? Etc?

www.ign.com

Beginner's Guide - Basics and Features - Elden Ring Guide - IGN

Elden Ring is an Open World Action RPG from From Software. As a Tarnished, it is your destiny to explore the Lands Between and become an Elden Lord. Elden Ring

www.ign.com

Things You Should Know in Elden Ring - Elden Ring Guide - IGN

Elden Ring is the latest From Software game, and while it is not a sequel to the Dark Souls series, it does share many similarities - as well as many new

www.ign.com

Things to Do First in Elden Ring - Elden Ring Guide - IGN

With a world as open and daunting as Elden Ring’s Lands Between, there are certain important things to do first - like finding out how to level up, get

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So something major just happened on my end.

Leyndell just turned to ash and the roundtable is fucked. Im guessing this wont revert back?

Nov 19, 2019
So what weapon are y'all faith builds using? I respec for a faith build but most of the faith weapons I've tried are pretty meh, Godslayer GS is the only one that worked for me
I still think Cipher Pata is underrated for full faith. Fast attack speed, decent reach for a fist weapon, 0 weight, and I only recently learned that the weapon art is a fucking monster. I had ignored it because it apparently had the same effect as standard attacks (all attacks for the the Cipher Pata are unblockable) and does close to 1k damage a pop.

I still need a secondary weapon, but I only appreciate it more as time goes on.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm up around lvl 120 with 3 weapons at +10

If I wanted to rebirth to try something different, am I screwed with doing any other +10 weapons?

Fire Emblem

Feb 13, 2022
finally found a magic scaling named katana

dancing-voting-day.gif
Let me guess it's Moonveil isn't it

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
the latest patch actually smoothed things over on the PS5 ver, i would love to see a actual FPS analasys on it now, it feels much better but it could be placebo after playing over 200 hours >_>
Felt like it after the patch but nope, still sub 60fps pretty much everywhere, even inside a catacomb with nothing taxing going on.

Only really playing it for a 2nd platinum, otherwise I'd have stayed with the PS4 version.

Baseline

Jun 1, 2019
Portland, OR
That part you don't have to go that way, there's an alternative path to go around them

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up the snow area. I can see why people are not excited about this. The zone felt a bit like an afterthought. Overly linear, with no real new ideas to mix things up. And while I'm overall fine with repeating enemies and bosses, some of them just get a groan out of me at this point.

I feel like they should have had Fire Giant in Consecrated Snowfield vs the more linear section. I actually like snowfield but yeah both areas were pretty lacking compared to the other regions.

So something major just happened on my end.

Leyndell just turned to ash and the roundtable is fucked. Im guessing this wont revert back?

Nope lol. One of the reasons I started a ng+ immediately after finishing it, I wanted all those dead characters back :/

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Me and I absolutely melted Malenia with constant Corpse Piler pincer attacks. I don't think the boss had a chance to get a hit in. The mobs in the Mountaintop though, now those are the real bosses.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Even after supposedly fixing this, part of her quest is still bugged. I gave her the ash from the beginning area and have just got to Seluvis. I'm trying to give her the potion because the game won't let me progress her quest further for some reason and I want her as a summon, but there's no prompt to give it to her. So even after a 'fix', she won't move from the Roundtable Hold and I also can't progress her part of Seluvis' quest. Seriously...

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Me and I absolutely melted Malenia with constant Corpse Piler pincer attacks. I don't think the boss had a chance to get a hit in. The mobs in the Mountaintop though, now those are the real bosses.
I wish I had respecd my character by the Time I did her today, could have saved me 4h using Rivers of Blood and stuff like that haha, maybe someday

Oct 26, 2017
I wrote about that when I went on and on about her in my post and I think right now I'm ok with it since I complained that Sekiro didn't really work in shinobi tools into fights to make that part of the combat system more relevant so I'd feel like a hypocrite swinging back the other way immediately even if the two cases aren't equivalent. Also I agree and wouldn't mind if it was changed since it's quite a bit more strict of an ask from players than any other attack in the game.

I test parry on all bosses just so I know but ever since Champ in DS3 I've stopped parrying bosses entirely. I robbed myself of an experience on that fight as Champ's moveset was, and still is, one of the best I had ever seen. Fromsoft only makes a game every handful of years, and while a ton of the bosses are thematically fantastic and mechanically sound, we will get 1 or at best 2 mechanically outstanding ones per game. It's hard to make an amazing boss moveset and I screwed myself out of enjoying one.

With that video in particular my complaint was more that it's labeled no ash, but barricade shield is an ash. Got excited that someone might have figured out something that no one else has yet.
They probably just meant no customisable ash, I think that's just a weapon skiill technically.

Sekiro ain't no rpg though, it should have used everything better cause it's a one build game. I think they were too afraid to go harder tbh. It bothers me Elden ring cause respec ain't free, and this fight has very few solutions in a game boasting insane variety.

Like it Just felt like solving a KH data battle, w/o even having the solution in my characters kits.