• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

FDmqeVMWUAE1DYs.png:large

MrUhEvs.png

Performance mode uses a dynamic resolution at 60fps and changes LoD setings, Resolution mode runs at native 4K on PS5 and XSX, 1440p on XSS. Grass and object density is different per console (might just mean last gen and current gen consoles)

Patch (not sure if day one patch or post launch) will add Ray Tracing on PS5, Xbox Series X and PC, seems that Series S is not planned to get RT support however.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcheTenix

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 22, 2021
Excuse my ignorance but I wish every developer released a breakdown of performance for each console like this.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
> 60 fps only
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I bought it for the PC so this is good news. I wanted it for my PS5 but no way can I miss out on the mods that will surely be plentiful for this game. Mods for all of the Dark Souls games have kept me playing them looong after I finished the base games and their DLC's.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
What does Raytracing (via patch) mean? That it won't be available at launch?
It feels more and more that this is not the raytracing generation

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
60 FPS cap on PC is really MEH, but at least my laptop will have an easier time pushing out better graphical options now lol

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RT will be coming later.

if anything, this means this is the RT generation, but many are jumping onboard after the first wave of games. a lot of these games are for old gen consoles still. but having RT support added to engines now means that it will be more fully featured in the future

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Day one

Day/hour of the FPS unlock mod.

edit-
I guess I could just play it at 4k60 on my C1, 60 fps should be ok, I played Dark Souls 3 not long ago and it was bearable.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Could be like Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart where they added 60fps Ray Tracing mode in the day one patch. I assume that they dont know yet if they can get it in the day one patch right now as its dependent on how much work will they have from the feedback from the network test and QA feedback

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
60fps cap on PC? -_-

Good for raytracing, but i want my ultrawide support.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I feel that ray tracing implemention has exceeded my pre gen expectations. And it is coming for this game clearly.
Right this gen will be the start of some form of RT in all games clearly. And next gen we may see more levels of RT occurring. It's great to see so early.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
RT in a from game? Hoo boy. Probably rt shadows or something. I just hope the performance mode will be a stable 60 but knowing from i doubt it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
As long as the frame pacing is consistent I will be happy.