How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/𝕏?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 175 13.2%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.6%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 15.2%
  • She will not last to "𝕏"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 342 25.8%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 307 23.2%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 199 15.0%

• Total voters

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I wish there actually was concrete in the milkshake they threw on Andy Ngo.

Remember when he pretended to have a brain injury? Yeah.

This is from my notifications. The purple star icon means it is recommended to me based on who I follow and tweets I like.

I do not follow right wingers. I do not follow alt-right accounts. I do not follow white supremacist murderous fuckbags. Not a single one.

IUPK7DY.png

Is he blocked on your end? That's already messed up in itself but having long since blocked that turd, I'd be livid if that happened to me.

randomname

Oct 27, 2017
The only person I follow on twitter is wario64 and my main page is filled with crypto, $AMC, and right wing things.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like even the general public now has enough information to submit a letter of concern to Apple and Google asking them to take a look at Twitter. It does not need to go higher up. Even people in this thread have enough info and stats and facts to show apps have been restricted / limited and even banned in the past for acting in a similar way. The app is fostering hate speech and allowing targeted harassment without moderation - in fact the limited moderations leans into encouraging it.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is from my notifications. The purple star icon means it is recommended to me based on who I follow and tweets I like.

I do not follow right wingers. I do not follow alt-right accounts. I do not follow white supremacist murderous fuckbags. Not a single one.

IUPK7DY.png
I'm pretty sure you're at least the third poster to mention getting a Rittenhouse notification. It's crazy.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Once Elon bought twitter, twitter was over. It is his now and he is a grade a piece of shit racist. Anything else is denial. I do get though that many people rely on it for jobs and connections, but folks, it is done. It is a Right hell hole now full of bigots and legit terrorists like libs of tik tok and the "queen of Canada" and it is only going to get worse as Elon realizes he lost and becomea more unhinged.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
yeah before i deactivated my account i had recommendations from shit tweeters , he is really pushing that agenda huh

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Black Friday Brings a Darker Outlook for Tesla

The People's Bank of China reportedly will cut the reserve requirement ratio for most banks by a quarter percentage point by Dec. 5, which would pour in about $70 billion of liquidity into the economy.
China's auto safety regulators announced yet another recall action Friday on older Teslas (models that were actually made at Tesla's California facility). A terrible record on initial quality combined with a softening macro environment in China does not bode well for Tesla's global growth prospects. Elon Musk knew that he had to grow where the marginal growth was in the global economy, so he opened Tesla Shanghai. But macro rules the micro, just as much in China as it does in the U.S.
Earlier this year, the Insane Clown Posse of sell-side analysts that pretends to follow Tesla were climbing all over each other to raise forecasts for Tesla's unit deliveries for 2022. The highest forecast I saw was 1.7 million units, but now, with a slower China and an awful Europe (Tesla opened a factory in Germany this year) it looks as if consensus is sitting at 1.35 million units delivered for Tesla in 2022. I think they will struggle to get to 1.3 mm units.
Those unit delivery forecast declines were largely a factor of analysts lowering forecasts for Tesla's deliveries in China. As delivery wait times mysteriously disappear on Tesla's Chinese website, we can see that demand has dissipated there. The Model 3 is 5.5 years old and is no longer selling well in China (or anywhere else,) and the Y, while still selling well, is expensive for the average Chinese consumer.

realmoney.thestreet.com

Black Friday Brings a Darker Outlook for Tesla

Tesla was painted as a China Play, and with China slowing so much that its Central Bank is throwing open the monetary spigot, look for Elon to focus his energies elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you're at least the third poster to mention getting a Rittenhouse notification. It's crazy.

Yup. I keep getting tons of right-wing nut jobs all over my twitter feed and notifications despite my follows pretty much just being gaming, Ukraine and left leaning politics. Honestly, at this point I'm just going to delete my account. There really feels like no way to avoid far right bullshit now, so it sucks, but it's really not that much better than Parlor or Truth Social anymore. I hope Hive, Mastodon or Post take off in the near future. I really relied on Twitter to follow the war in Ukraine and other major global events. Thanks Elon.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, please let him make this. Please. I love watching Elon just burn his money, and for idiots like this to have to confront the bullshit they spew. A phone they describe would be so absolutely terrible, and also nothing on here really make sense if you take 5 seconds to think about it.
You not hardcore if you don't want your phone to somehow run over kids

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I've seen weird posts that people are going to stay on Twitter to "keep up the fight against the right/Elon" and it's like...this is not the same as it was before Elon. He doesn't care about scaring advertisers off, they're already leaving. If you really piss the wrong people off you'll be banned. Staff has already left. I don't know what the endgame is here. (I'm specifically talking about people thinking they can organize a movement against Twitter for the recent unbanning and such).

I've seen posts like that. The only form of protest is to leave.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
He'll make his own phone

with blackjack

and hookers

and literally nothing else because itll just be a hunk of manifested crypto shit

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen weird posts that people are going to stay on Twitter to "keep up the fight against the right/Elon" and it's like...this is not the same as it was before Elon. He doesn't care about scaring advertisers off, they're already leaving. If you really piss the wrong people off you'll be banned. Staff has already left. I don't know what the endgame is here. (I'm specifically talking about people thinking they can organize a movement against Twitter for the recent unbanning and such).

People are really so hooked on the site that they're acting like it's renouncing their citizenship if they leave, LOL.

If they really want to take a stand, making the site less appealing to advertisers by leaving in droves is the best way forward. Staying on to "keep fighting" will only make it look less like Parler 2.0...not sure how that helps.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Is there talk of Google/Apple removing Twitter? Missed the past few days.

From the former twitter safety guy and his own personal experinece in dealing with Google and Apple.

But just report them for hate speech, R18 content, and pedophile thing, with the owner of Twitter/Tesla asking for people to send him pedophile thing.

I Was the Head of Trust and Safety at Twitter. This Is What Could Become of It.

As the company's head of policy, my teams were responsible for drafting Twitter's rules and figuring out how to apply them consistently to hundreds of millions of tweets per day. In my more than seven years at the company, we exposed government-backed troll farms meddling in elections, introduced new tools for contextualizing dangerous misinformation and, yes, banned President Trump from the service. The Cornell professor Tarleton Gillespie called teams like mine the "custodians of the internet." The work of online sanitation is unrelenting and contentious.

May harm our business" is an understatement. Failure to adhere to Apple and Google's guidelines would be catastrophic, risking Twitter's expulsion from their app stores and making it more difficult for billions of potential users to access Twitter's services. This gives Apple and Google enormous power to shape the decisions Twitter makes.
In my time at Twitter, representatives of the app stores regularly raised concerns about content available on our platform. On one occasion, a member of an app review team contacted Twitter, saying with consternation that he had searched for "#boobs" in the Twitter app and was presented with … exactly what you'd expect. Another time, on the eve of a major feature release, a reviewer sent screenshots of several days-old tweets containing an English-language racial slur, asking Twitter representatives whether they should be permitted to appear on the service.

Reviewers hint that app approval could be delayed or perhaps even withheld entirely if issues are not resolved to their satisfaction
Longer term, the moderating influences of advertisers, regulators and — most critically of all — app stores may be welcome for those of us hoping to avoid an escalation in the volume of dangerous speech online. Twitter will have to balance its new owner's goals against the practical realities of life on Apple and Google's internet — no easy task for the employees who have chosen to remain. And as I departed the company, the calls from the app review teams had already begun.
www.nytimes.com

Opinion | I Was the Head of Trust and Safety at Twitter. This Is What Could Become of It.

Elon Musk’s brand of radical transformation has unavoidable limits.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

The phone will explode randomly
The phone will not have feature that other phone have, because Musk doesn't use it.

And who would he hire to make, if it's not up to the highest standard like other flagship, and he think he can do what Sony, HTC and other didn't do?

Even if he wants the china market, it's already filled with it's own.

Maybe India?
But he fired the Indiea team, all hundreds of them, and is now trying to rehire.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
The thing that this thread makes me realize is i have been having a much better twitter experience than most of y'all cause I use Twitterrific and not the official app. No ads. No suggested tweets. No algorithm.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it either. Twitter is long gone. It's time to pack up and leave right now. Sticking around only adds legitimacy to the right wing garbage and boosts Musk's publicity.

Maybe a lot of people are just addicted. I get there are no 1:1 alternatives yet, but at least choose somewhere to setup temporarily.

If it's getting this bad now, imagine the upcoming election. Twitter needs to die. There's no coming back from this. Some people are still stuck in the #resistance mindset nonsense.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
The phone will explode randomly
The phone will not have feature that other phone have, because Musk doesn't use it.

And who would he hire to make, if it's not up to the highest standard like other flagship, and he think he can do what Sony, HTC and other didn't do?

Even if he wants the china market, it's already filled with it's own.

Maybe India?
But he fired the Indiea team, all hundreds of them, and is now trying to rehire.
You're just a hater man, native dApp support!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't get it either. Twitter is long gone. It's time to pack up and leave right now. Sticking around only adds legitimacy to the right wing garbage and boosts Musk's publicity.

Maybe a lot of people are just addicted. I get there are no 1:1 alternatives yet, but at least choose somewhere to setup temporarily.

If it's getting this bad now, imagine the upcoming election. Twitter needs to die. There's no coming back from this. Some people are still stuck in the #resistance mindset nonsense.

This is what it comes down to more than anything I think. There just isn't a good and viable replacement to go to yet.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
An alternate phone that replaces all the numpad with a bunch of hotkeys that automatically tweet out compliments about Musk.