• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Need some stickers.

Like one of these
stock-vector-set-of-flame-elements-on-a-white-background-fire-horizontal-pattern-of-fire-fire-around-the-1360604102.jpg

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
All other feats of science and pioneering engineering should stop to solve for climate change. Don't do anything else, you idiots.
/s

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Man it's depressing and confirming why I don't make Spacex threads. Era is just not the place for space exploration news.I for one am estatic over what progress has been made on Starship. I am going to see some crazy things on my life time.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this thing will work? The design has me fairly skeptical as it looks like something out of 50's Sci-Fi or Atomic Rockets.

I wonder what actual aerospace engineers think of the design. I would be interested to hear from people who have worked on the Space Shuttle and the current NASA project to see if they think this is feasible.
Actual aerospace engineers designed it, and their track record speaks for itself.

PS: Hangouts advert:

www.resetera.com

SpaceX |OT| Reusable Rockets - To Mars!

A Brief History of SpaceX (for more detail, .check out this excellent article) In 2001, PayPal board member Elon Musk wanted to put a greenhouse on Mars, to reinvigorate public excitement for space exploration. However, even the cheapest Russian launcher was too expensive, and Musk was deemed...

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this thing will work? The design has me fairly skeptical as it looks like something out of 50's Sci-Fi or Atomic Rockets.

I wonder what actual aerospace engineers think of the design. I would be interested to hear from people who have worked on the Space Shuttle and the current NASA project to see if they think this is feasible.

Do you think non-actual aerospace engineers work on these crafts at SpaceX? I don't get some of you guys.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure these will be super useful once civilization collapses.

I wish this man would use his genius (as unstable as it is) to make an actual change on this planet. I'm sure there are plenty of ideas to be sourced from his mind if he at all brainstormed about how we can turn around the shitshow that are current day climate politics.

Sorry for the almost-whataboutisms, but it's soooo hard to be excited about commercial space flight plans when we're on the brink of extinction. :/
Well he did Paypal, Tesla, Solar roof panels, Coneptualise hyperloops.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure these will be super useful once civilization collapses.

I wish this man would use his genius (as unstable as it is) to make an actual change on this planet. I'm sure there are plenty of ideas to be sourced from his mind if he at all brainstormed about how we can turn around the shitshow that are current day climate politics.

Sorry for the almost-whataboutisms, but it's soooo hard to be excited about commercial space flight plans when we're on the brink of extinction. :/

What am I reading..

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017

Is this a serious post?

If it is...LMAO

Man it's depressing and confirming why I don't make Spacex threads. Era is just not the place for space exploration news.I for one am estatic over what progress has been made on Starship. I am going to see some crazy things on my life time.

I agree. The stuff they are doing is amazing. ERA just loves to bitch...

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Everyday Astronaut in depth interview with Elon, just posted

Elon confirmed during this he is chief engineer on this project. This is also while being chief technical officer, and lead rocket and engine designer. Things that are public knowledge to the point that it's all on his wiki. Yet every thread on Era I read is Elon is just money bags ceo while the smart people do the real work and he takes credit and "he's not even an engineer" , no sorry that is Bezos and Branson with their space projects. The fairytales people tell themselves to justify their blind hatred... There's a reason many people still respect the shit out of him and the work he does despite all his flaws and mistakes, and it's not something his money bought.

Last edited:

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Everyday Astronaut in depth interview with Elon, just posted

Elon confirmed during this he is chief engineer on this project. This is also while being chief technical officer, and lead rocket and engine designer. Things that are public knowledge to the point that it's all on his wiki. Yet every thread on Era I read is Elon is just money bags ceo while the smart people do the real work and he takes credit and "he's not even an engineer" , no sorry that is Bezos and Branson with their space projects. The fairytales people tell themselves to justify their blind hatred... There's a reason many people still respect the shit out of him and the work he does despite all his flaws and mistakes, and it's not something his money bought.

Even if it was, at least he doesn't sit on his billions with foreign bank accounts like so many other billionaires. He's far from perfect, but compared to other billionaires he at least tries to make the world better and strives for progress with space, science, and the environment. That's not good enough for the critics though, especially when some critics believe simply being a billionaire is immoral in itself