Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Linky McLinkiton
Embracer Group has made layoffs at Neverwinter developer Cryptic Studios. Several current and former Cryptic employees confirmed there has been a "reduction in force" at the studio, although it's unclear how many people have been let go.

Linkedin posts shared by staffers indicate that many talented members of the Cryptic team have been impacted by the cuts, however, with senior community manager and writer Mike Fatum explaining that "many of the best people I know were let go from Cryptic Studios today."

In a separate Linkedin update, Cryptic lead environment artist Scot Boyd said "a lot of amazing people" have been laid off.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
One of these days I should play more of Star Trek Online's story expansions, I hate to see this happening to Cryptic.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Came in with no plan whatsoever, just bought for the sake of it and here we are.

May 31, 2022
Embracer has not only conducted layoffs at Cryptic, they have also decided to move Cryptic out of Gearbox and now DECA Games will be operating Cryptic:

www.gamesindustry.biz

Cryptic Studios impacted by layoffs

Update: A spokesperson from Cryptic Studios has confirmed "personnel changes" at the company to GamesIndustry.biz. As a…

Update: A spokesperson from Cryptic Studios has confirmed "personnel changes" at the company to GamesIndustry.biz. As a result of Embracer's restructuring, the Star Trek Online developer will be operating under DECA Games going forward.

The spokesperson did not clarify the number of people impacted.

"As part of the Embracer Group's comprehensive restructuring program, Cryptic Studios will now operate under DECA Games," they said. "In addition to this organizational change, our commitment to Embracer's directive to reduce costs requires us to undertake difficult personnel changes, including separating from some team members.

"Cryptic Studios will provide job assistance and support those impacted to smooth this transition. Cryptic remains dedicated to supporting its cornerstone free-to-play games and the communities behind them."
[/quote]

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Real sad. I checked LinkedIn and someone I used to work with that I knew worked there was impacted :\