• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, the new Tiny Moving Parts album absolutely rules, that's all bye

Indeed it does. Thanks for the suggestion! It's amazing how after such a big lull, suddenly all these young bands that harken back to late 90's midwestern emo have suddenly exploded in number. It's like they grew up with it and clung on tight through the dark ages.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Are you kids ready to turn this party into a llean, mean, mom-jeans revenge machine?! Well, Mom Jeans' upcoming second album just leaked. It's a 10/10 must buy for me. Puppy Love is the name of it. "You can't eat cats, Kevin" is my pick for best track on the album, but a lot of people like "Now THIS is podracing."

https://soundcloud.com/jon-snow-leaks/sets/mom-jeans-puppy-love-leak-1

I tried this the other day and it didn't work. On mobile. Not sure if it was taken down or not.

Absolutely loved the first Mom Jeans record and the song I heard from this sounded right in line with that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you like Camp Cope check out Skylarkin and Chastity Belt.

That new Pinegrove track is really good. Cardinal is in my top five albums of the last few years. Evan's song writing and vocals are something else.

Going to dust off my Texas is the Reason CD in honour of this thread.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried this the other day and it didn't work. On mobile. Not sure if it was taken down or not.

Absolutely loved the first Mom Jeans record and the song I heard from this sounded right in line with that.

Yeah, they must of got a CnD. No matter... it's gonna be the easiest money I've ever spent.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
New band just signed to Asian Man Records. Ex-members of Prawn, Thin Lips and Algernon Caldwaller.

Loving this first track:

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This song is far from breaking new ground, but I really love the execution.

Also, any PDaddy (Prince Daddy and the Hyena) fans? I'm really excited to hear what their next album will be like. Their LP was good but it was very derivative. I could, at times, almost point to the exact song I think they were listening to when they wrote each track. Regardless, it's a great album. Broc Ched is my favorite track. (Timestamped)

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
This song is far from breaking new ground, but I really love the execution.

Also, any PDaddy (Prince Daddy and the Hyena) fans? I'm really excited to hear what their next album will be like. Their LP was good but it was very derivative. I could, at times, almost point to the exact song I think they were listening to when they wrote each track. Regardless, it's a great album. Broc Ched is my favorite track. (Timestamped)

I love Prince Daddy, their guitarist has some awesome riffs in most songs. I really liked the that's what I call music vol 420 sampler.

Anyone listening to the new mom jeans? Good stuff, getting heavy Jank vibes from some songs.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Prince Daddy, their guitarist has some awesome riffs in most songs. I really liked the that's what I call music vol 420 sampler.

Anyone listening to the new mom jeans? Good stuff, getting heavy Jank vibes from some songs.

Yeah. I think it's an improvement over their first album which lacked variety. Just my personal tastes, though.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I think it's an improvement over their first album which lacked variety. Just my personal tastes, though.

Think so too. I loved their first record and I think while they're heavily building in that, they brought in lots of new influences. I can't stop listening to this. glamorous has such a cool riff!

OP
OP
peppermints

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
So finally getting around to listening to the new Foxing album.

Getting some Brand New Science Fiction vibes from it.

What's everyone's thoughts?

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So finally getting around to listening to the new Foxing album.

Getting some Brand New Science Fiction vibes from it.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Gotta listen to it still. Their last album didn't do too much for me outside of one or two songs.

Found this today via spotify and it slaps. RILY glocca morra, 1994!, SIRS, Grown Ups

https://open.spotify.com/album/39zlAOi8uIUZl35y3O6X1n?si=-1GPFV5MT-eD8z6AqjNtuQ

ALSO been listening to a lot of empire, empire and fuck I got into them way too late. Would have loved to see them live.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some Instagram posts and stories of Foxing live and it looks like they really kill it.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
51hF-XZ6-vL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I loved this book, catching up on Emo origins after getting into it later.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
The emo showcase at Fest on Saturday SOLD OUT. It's a small venue, but the clubs don't usually fully sell out. Partly because everyone has Fest bands so they don't buy individual tickets but also because it's like a game-time decision. Anyway, this lineup!

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'll probably have to camp at the Wooly for the whole day especially if I want to see Mom Jeans

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
It's very different isn't it. I haven't heard anything with Chris post-The Gloria Record so not surprised, it's been a long time. Can't remember him sounding like that when I saw them, but I'm going to assume he did. That and being a 40 plus man will do it, I guess.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017

Will have to check that out later! Mourning Ahead came on my Spotify daily mix and turned me onto those guys, reminded me a bit of Joshua Fit For Battle, You and I etc. Mainly just the intro though.

Edit: Just listened, pretty good. Will have to have another listen in the car. Certain bits remind me of pg.99, City of Caterpillar etc. Nice!

Gonna post this song just because it was in my head earlier, enjoy.

Last edited:

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Can't quite decide if i'm excited about American Football anymore. The last stuff I heard was a bit too much like Owen for me. Not enough jangly bits. I loved seeing them during their first euro reunion tour but I found my interest waning a little the second time I saw them recently.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wasn't bothered with LP2 either, had a quick listen to that new song earlier but it didn't strike anything with me.

+1 for Knapsack

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love P-Daddy. They are due for another album. I'm interested to see where they go.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Free Throw playing UK again in Jan, actually going to go this time. Leeds it is. I have never bothered going to see many revival bands, Joie De Vivre with Football etc. was absolutely awesome though. I think that was like 2012 lol. As if I don't feel old enough.

Love that bit about 1:00 in, Grown Ups were fucking great.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished work @ 12.30am and had two ciders so lets chat some shit.

AF are a weird one for me, '99 S/T is like one of my favorite records and I grew up listening to it, but when they got back together I really don't think I could be less arsed. I can hear bits of that LP in the new song, I just turned off Disintegration to listen to that track again, but I just can't be bothered to listen to all of it. I can't put my finger on it, but it just doesn't resonate with me at all.

I hope ya'll heard The One Up Downstairs!

Also if anyone can answer my vague request: I'm not the biggest Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) fan, but a song came on my Spotify mix the other week and I thought the intro to it was the saddest shit I have ever heard. Just like this sad riff. I skimmed through most of their stuff on Spotify and couldn't find it. Not a lot to go on but w/e

This is my contribution for today:

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
first i'm hearing of this band, but i'm actually pretty into this
its matt pryor & jim suptic from the getup kids + josh berwanger form the anniversary
that first track is sounds like a lost getup kids song from 2000 haha