Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Does anyone know of any GBA skins that have the speed up button on like some of the DS skins? Going into the menu every time to turn it off and on isn't the end of the world but if I can have the option I'd prefer it on the skin

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Does anyone know of any GBA skins that have the speed up button on like some of the DS skins? Going into the menu every time to turn it off and on isn't the end of the world but if I can have the option I'd prefer it on the skin

I gotta say again, skins are a mess. Great skin gets released and only promoted on Reddit, gets updated but only in the comments or maybe in a follow up post. It's a hassle to keep up with. I at least found some with basic pixel grid filters for GBA and DS.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Sounds like Provenance is imminent...

I sure hope the tvOS version is part of the package.

PS1 emulation and support for tvOS would make this a game changer for me personally.

I don't care much about playing games on my iPhone (I don't play games on my phone at all) but I would love to have something like this on my Apple TV for some quick, casual gaming without connecting a console.

Jul 1, 2020
I don't care much about playing games on my iPhone (I don't play games on my phone at all) but I would love to have something like this on my Apple TV for some quick, casual gaming without connecting a console.
There are a surprising number of indie games available for Apple TV for individual purchase. I have Dead Cells on my Apple TV and it's a great place for it because I can do a run whenever I feel like it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just want an emulator to come along that can play SNES titles without the cracking/popping audio.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's an iPhone 15 thing then? I find it most noticeable in Super Metroid, of the ones I've played so far.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm on an iPhone 15 pro max with the latest iOS and I get nonstop audio crackling in Delta. I can't imagine other iPhones fare any better.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, latest OS.

Is it just snes games?

I haven't played for very long but I play tested a few games on all the platforms that delta tested on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and haven't come across any audio issues

I played through a few levels in super Mario world and didn't come cross anything unusual

Also on iOS 16.7

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just snes games?

I haven't played for very long but I play tested a few games on all the platforms that delta tested on my iPhone 13 Pro Max and haven't come across any audio issues
That I've noticed it in so far, yeah. But then I haven't played a lot from the other generations yet, since SNES has always been my favorite, haha.

Like I said, I noticed it right away in Super Metroid (like during the title screen BGM). It pops and clicks every 4-5 seconds in that one. It's a good one to test to see if you have the means to do so.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I've only tried SNES and DS so far, and the audio crackling is present on both platforms.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
That I've noticed it in so far, yeah. But then I haven't played a lot from the other generations yet, since SNES has always been my favorite, haha.

Like I said, I noticed it right away in Super Metroid (like during the title screen BGM). It pops and clicks every 4-5 seconds in that one. It's a good one to test to see if you have the means to do so.

I've only tried SNES and DS so far, and the audio crackling is present on both platforms.

Just tested super Metroid and I did notice a cracking pop every few seconds - it's not too loud but very noticeable - played through the beginning part

Hopefully the developer addresses this

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just tested super Metroid and I did notice a cracking pop every few seconds - it's not too loud but very noticeable - played through the beginning part

Hopefully the developer addresses this
Yeah, it's like a slight "crackle" in the audio. It's pretty distracting, especially for a game as ambient as Super Metroid. :(

I'm hoping for a fix as well. Other than this issue, the emulation has been great.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK

I gotta say again, skins are a mess. Great skin gets released and only promoted on Reddit, gets updated but only in the comments or maybe in a follow up post. It's a hassle to keep up with. I at least found some with basic pixel grid filters for GBA and DS.
Yeah I really wish there was one central place for all these, I'll check this one out though thanks!

OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't updated in a while - things have slowed down. It looks like Provenance was declined as they left JIT in and are resubmitting. Some weirdness around Folium charging… I don't know, the Reddit threads are a mess.

Also it's hilarious that Delta is getting bad reviews because people don't know about roms.

Anyway, a new C64 emulator released. Not tried it myself but reviews don't look great.

apps.apple.com

‎GEKKO C64

‎GEKKO C64 Emulator is a Commodore 64 emulation, fast and easy to use completely programmed from scratch. GEKKO C64 emulate the graphic, the 1541 Floppy Drive, and the Tape. Joystick in Port 1 and 2 switch, fast load and many other features. How it works: - Press DISK... and choose a game or a...

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
At this point I'm just grateful that Delta made it in. I hope more options hit the store soon but in the meantime I can play using a tolerable NDS/GBA emulator.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't updated in a while - things have slowed down. It looks like Provenance was declined as they left JIT in and are resubmitting. Some weirdness around Folium charging… I don't know, the Reddit threads are a mess.

Also it's hilarious that Delta is getting bad reviews because people don't know about roms.

Anyway, a new C64 emulator released. Not tried it myself but reviews don't look great.

apps.apple.com

‎GEKKO C64

‎GEKKO C64 Emulator is a Commodore 64 emulation, fast and easy to use completely programmed from scratch. GEKKO C64 emulate the graphic, the 1541 Floppy Drive, and the Tape. Joystick in Port 1 and 2 switch, fast load and many other features. How it works: - Press DISK... and choose a game or a...
the reviews are a treat. I saw one saying you're better off using desmume on pc
I just thought…no shit? but that's not on my phone

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm curious about the status of Retroarch, but Delta is fine in the meantime. Especially if they add Genesis to the App Store version

My use case for iPhone emulation is limited to situations where I don't have my Steam Deck and want to kill a few minutes.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm curious about the status of Retroarch, but Delta is fine in the meantime. Especially if they add Genesis to the App Store version

My use case for iPhone emulation is limited to situations where I don't have my Steam Deck and want to kill a few minutes.
Was curious myself and found this update from a dev on Reddit. Sounds like it's been at least submitted so hopefully it'll show up sooner rather than later.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Finally got around to copying my DS game dumps to my phone.

I haven't been following the thread super closely, but when Delta asked for the BIOS files, I looked up how to get those from a DSi and found out that there are flashcard-less hacks for it. I had no idea. Been out of the scene for too long, I guess.

So now I've hacked my DSi and dumped the BIOS and firmware.bin files, but Delta is giving me an error for the firmware.bin saying it's the wrong size. I'll try to look up how to troubleshoot this, but anybody happen to know an easy way to get the file dumped correctly for Delta?

EDIT:
Seems like a DSi firmware might not work for Delta, so I'll look into dumping the BIOS from my Lite, instead.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Provenance is gonna release sooner or later, and Retroarch too so I wouldn't touch these dodgy first to market apps.

I've been playing around with AltStore (the one that requires AltServer) and from what I'm seeing, every good thing that's on AltStore should come sooner or later. AltJIT is unmanageable enough that it's not really a good alternative tbh.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Provenance is in TestFlight. No reason to download these other sketchy apps until the real ones are out.

OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
PPSSPP was apparently being submitted for review this week.

This is a great use case for iOS emulation in my eyes if it runs well - and you don't miss out on trophies as you would for say Vita.

PSX emulator released New
OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Okay Riley Testut, creator of Delta, has vouched for the people behind this emulator. Can't vouch its performance yet (though seems to load up FFT fine). But feel comfortable adding a link to OT for now.

apps.apple.com

‎Gamma - Game Emulator

‎ZodTTD is back and this time they've brought you classic PS 1 gaming! Gamma is the fully featured video game console emulator that you've come to expect. Save States: - Save and load a game at any point. - Automatically save your progress. Sync: - Use your favorite backup services to sync...

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Giving Gamma a try, it at least has a native iPad version which is nice to see. Seems to crash when trying to configure keyboard controls though, and the touchscreen control implementation on iPad isn't as good as it could be (the controls in portrait orientation have plenty of room to be raised so that you don't have to hold the device so low and suffer a very top-heavy experience, for instance).

I haven't gotten any ads on the iPhone version in my testing, but the iPad version is definitely ad-supported, serving up mobile ads every few game launches.

OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Giving Gamma a try, it at least has a native iPad version which is nice to see. Seems to crash when trying to configure keyboard controls though, and the touchscreen control implementation on iPad isn't as good as it could be (the controls in portrait orientation have plenty of room to be raised so that you don't have to hold the device so low and suffer a very top-heavy experience, for instance).

I haven't gotten any ads on the iPhone version in my testing, but the iPad version is definitely ad-supported, serving up mobile ads every few game launches.

Oh really? That's shitty! I am going to test the iPhone version a bit more.

Updated the OP with a caveat.

Last edited:

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Gamma doesn't seem to like my Xbox controller. Whenever I hit a button it closes the app. Works fine with Delta though.

philface

Oct 8, 2021
You can disable tracking, period. Make sure "Allow Apps to Request to Track" is disabled, and they can't even ask.

iOS app developer here. Just want to point out that this dialog says "Ask App Not to Track" or something to that effect. It's basically a request not to be tracked. Developers can still do whatever they want as a result of that dialog. It's very hard for Apple to enforce honesty that you're not actually tracking users as a result of what you choose, and there's nothing built into the system that prevents tracking based on what you choose.