Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
so press the A button and the emulator just presses the A button ingame without hassle?
Also can you make the on screen buttons disappear that way? would like full screen experience without the onscreen buttons then if possible :O

You can try all this stuff now by pairing an external controller. I've been testing it with an old DS4 I have laying around.

The answers to your questions are yes, yes, and yes.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
You can try all this stuff now by pairing an external controller. I've been testing it with an old DS4 I have laying around.

The answers to your questions are yes, yes, and yes.
ow yeah I'm so used that stuff not working with iOS completely forgot that it also playstation controllers work with the phone :D
thanks for all the info going to try it soon.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it that Delta is up on the US App Store but not European stores? Other than the third party App Store. Is there a reason for this?

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got a Backbone One for Delta and it works really well.

Unfortunately, you can't map any button to a couple of the buttons on the controller as they are used for the backbone app. For platforms like the DS or SNES you have to map start or select to something like the two trigger buttons behind the shoulder buttons.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Sooooo is there any way to trade Pokemon using delta? Currently playing Ruby but can't get any cheat codes to work to get certain Pokemon to appear

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I got a Backbone One for Delta and it works really well.

Unfortunately, you can't map any button to a couple of the buttons on the controller as they are used for the backbone app. For platforms like the DS or SNES you have to map start or select to something like the two trigger buttons behind the shoulder buttons.
I was able to map start and select to the bottom left and right most buttons (not the home or screen record backbone buttons but the others). You lose the Delta menu as a physical button, but can easily just rotate your phone back and use the one screen button.

Sooooo is there any way to trade Pokemon using delta? Currently playing Ruby but can't get any cheat codes to work to get certain Pokemon to appear
There's probably an easier way but you could always transfer your save over to a PC/Modded 3/DS and use Pokemon Bank/PKSM or other tools.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

The fast forward button on Delta isn't working for me with DS. I tap it and it's highlighted but the game continues to run at normal speed. Is there a fix or does it just not work for DS?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Hi,

The fast forward button on Delta isn't working for me with DS. I tap it and it's highlighted but the game continues to run at normal speed. Is there a fix or does it just not work for DS?
Maybe your device can't run it any faster? I've noticed some slowdown in DS games on mine, and I've also seen the fast forward working in a simpler game.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
nJM35G6_d.webp

I can't believe I'm playing FireRed on my iPhone lol 😭

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I love squeezing in 5-10 mins of pokemon gameplay here and there. combined with the auto save when I close the app, it's perfect to cram in some play time when waiting
waiting for a coffee at wawa? well I also just beat my rival lol

OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
I created a custom skin for Delta emulator on iOS so we can play MaBoShi DS in style.

https://blog.gingerbeardman.com/202...he-delta-classic-video-game-emulator-for-ios/

- combines both screens into one
- normal portrait iPhone orientation
- leaves a gap at the top for notch/dynamic island
- nice big d-pad in the centre of the display
- most of the screen is actually a button
- let's aim for 1 MILLION points!

delta-maboshi-deltaskin.png

Awesome - I'll highlight it in the OP.

Oct 27, 2017
I am having trouble importing saves.

I have my PC rom saves going to my NAS. I long press the game I want, import the latest save. When the game opens, the save isnt there.

Am I missing a step here?

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Idk about you guys, but just normal Air Play Screen mirroring is a lag fest, I don't think you could play much games with a what feels like to me a 0.5 second delay. I don't know if it changes using this app though, I have the Apple TV plugged in to Ethernet and iPhone on 5Gh WiFi. The idea is a dream come true though!
In my 100% anecdotal, 0% rigorous test of a phone on wifi to a wired aTV, the video is in sync but the audio (to a wired soundbar) runs about half a second behind.

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing with this and I practically can't believe it! Amazing

Just in the spirit of making sure these apps stay on the App Store, seems a bit dangerous to enable the share menu though? One click of that and you can iMessage a rom file to someone… probably wise to remove that if they want to have no way to enable users illegally sharing files?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I got my backbone adapter it feels much more like a portable! My only complaint is I wish they found a way to make the backbone collapse in more so it had a smaller form factor off my phone.

Between Delta, Apple arcade, and XBX/PS5 streaming, iphone is quickly becoming my most used gaming device! I just need Moonlight set up on my phone/pc and I'll pretty much be able to play everything not on switch on my phone :)

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Should I play the series in order and if so should I do the Mother and Mother 2 translations or Mother 1-Earthbound-Mother 3?
2 and 3 are worth it, but you can probably skip 1.

3 doesn't need any enhancements.

2 has a great QoL hack that is worth using:
www.romhacking.net

MaternalBound Redux

[b]MaternalBound Redux[/b] is a full revamp hack of the original EarthBound with tons of Quality of

The first Mother game is excruciating to play without patches. I wouldn't describe it as "bad" in terms of design, but it is tedious and because of its more basic technology its presentation is constrained in ways that were only unblocked when the series went 16-bit.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've just tried this out on my iPhone, and yeah I'm impressed! I have noticed a few audio hiccups in certain games though (like Super Metroid for one, where there seems to be pops/clicks in the audio), but other than that it's been a pretty smooth experience.

I liked it so much, I purchased the 8BitDo Zero 2 controller from Amazon. It's super small, but I'm used to the Game Boy Micro and it'll be nice to have something like that in my pocket for when I want to play a quick game of something while I'm on-the-go.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
One of the things I missed the most from my Android days. This is going to impact the usage of my retro handhelds maybe :x Except for games that require precise controls I guess.

MayorTortimer

May 27, 2018
Playing Drill Dozer, Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Tengoku. Such a fun way to finally check out these games I missed. Also Warioware Twisted is the perfect mobile game hahaa

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Having a blast with this on my iPhone with Backbone. Only issue is that I get no sound unless I restart my phone, and the issue pops up once more every now and again. I unchecked the box to respect silent mode or whatever, but it hasn't helped the issue. :(

Steamy Manatee

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 18, 2022
I have a 12 hour flight this weekend, this is perfect. Now I don't have to carry my Switch. Been curious about Drill Dozer for years now, no excuses now!

kreven

Oct 25, 2017
NB, Canada
Does locking the phone rotation always default to portrait mode? I want to lock the rotation to play WarioWare Twisted properly with the Backbone controller, but it keeps reverting to portrait instead of staying in landscape mode.

No Dolphin confirmed
OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Updated the OP with gingerbeardman's controller skin, an update regarding Provenance and confirmation from the dev that DolphiniOS won't be releasing:

DolphiniOS developer OatmealDome has confirmed they cannot release DolphiniOS essentially due to the JIT stuff I detailed above. You can find out more (and a much better, more technical explanation of JIT) on their blog post confirming the news here.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Been side loading RetroArch for for a while now. So to see Delta and other emulators have native support is amazing. I wish Delta supported Retro Achievements :(

Hopefully RetroArch does in fact get added to the App Store and it takes the Alt Store side loading steps away!

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this is sweet, just noticed it last night. Went from android to iPhone when the 15 came out. One of the few things missing. Already have a backbone with ps remote play.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a turbo button/feature for DS? Or only GBA?

Edit: I'm a dummy it was in the menu under fast forward

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really liking Delta so far, yet I'm already looking forward to the next wave of releases. I guess Ignited really has my interest because of iPad support. I'd love to use a NSO SNES controller with an iPad and an emulator, particularly as we're on the cusp of new iPad 12.9 announcements.

I guess the biggest barrier in the long run is gonna be JIT, but I'm not sure I understand where emulation becomes unfeasible without it. PS2 and onward ?

Jul 1, 2020
I'm really liking Delta so far, yet I'm already looking forward to the next wave of releases. I guess Ignited really has my interest because of iPad support. I'd love to use a NSO SNES controller with an iPad and an emulator, particularly as we're on the cusp of new iPad 12.9 announcements.
Hopefully there will be a release of Delta or something else that properly supports the iPad and Apple TV. The blown up phone apps look and function terribly especially on the 12.9" model.

OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully there will be a release of Delta or something else that properly supports the iPad and Apple TV. The blown up phone apps look and function terribly especially on the 12.9" model.

The AltStore (original, not PAL) supports iPad for Patreon users. I'm going to try it and report it.

Not sure how official alternative stores work with iPad tho. However as they've done the dev work they might release the iPad version officially.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how official alternative stores work with iPad tho.
They don't, sadly. Apple have only opened up to iOS stores, as they had no obligation for iPadOS.

I'm curious to see if Delta will eventually release a dedicated iPad app on the App Store, and that's a reason I'm looking forward to ignited as they'll go through the AppStore in the EU and explicitly support iPadOS.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I've been struggling playing with the virtual D-pad and buttons. Especially the two button commands like running and jumping. Also struggling with the D-pad. Need to pick up a 13 Mini-compatible controller that ideally works with a case attached.