SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird I guess. I select the bin file and it loads up the games for me no issues so far other than controller crashing.

Just found where it is in the settings. I'm not really sure what it's needed for, the app just says it could improve game compatibility but I haven't had any issues without it.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
iOS app developer here. Just want to point out that this dialog says "Ask App Not to Track" or something to that effect. It's basically a request not to be tracked. Developers can still do whatever they want as a result of that dialog. It's very hard for Apple to enforce honesty that you're not actually tracking users as a result of what you choose, and there's nothing built into the system that prevents tracking based on what you choose.
Damn. This is useful info. I'm all this time I just assumed Apple put a block on any tracking if we selected the option.

Garou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PPSSPP

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

‎Play PSP games on your iOS device, in high definition with extra features! PPSSPP is the original and only PSP emulator for mobile devices. It can run nearly all PSP games with great performance on iOS. No games are included with this download. Use your own real PSP games and turn them into...

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
PPSSPP

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

‎Play PSP games on your iOS device, in high definition with extra features! PPSSPP is the original and only PSP emulator for mobile devices. It can run nearly all PSP games with great performance on iOS. No games are included with this download. Use your own real PSP games and turn them into...

Nice. wish it was on Apple TV as well. Anyone try it yet?

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
PPSSPP

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

MEGATON! Is there any tracking or anything with this?

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
PPSSPP

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

Huh, can't find it on my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

level

May 25, 2023
Just tested out Vice City Stories. Runs flawlessly at 4K 30fps. I wonder how much it'll drain the battery though?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
PPSSPP

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

Hell ye, going to play Ridge Racer on my new iPad.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Messing around with PPSSPP and it works like a dream. Biggest hurdle to anything is touch controls always being a bit of a nightmare, but if there was ever a reason to justify buying a backbone, this is it.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Just booted Virtua Tennis World Tour on that bad boy. What a time to be alive!

RetroArch released New

level

May 25, 2023
apps.apple.com

‎RetroArch

‎RetroArch is a free, ad-free, open source, and cross platform frontend/framework for emulators, game engines, video games, media players, and other applications. Supported systems come in the form of libretro cores. The following cores are included: * 2048 * Amstrad - CPC (CrocoDS) * Amstrad -...

Retroarch is here! Great day for iOS emulation.

Jul 1, 2020
apps.apple.com

‎RetroArch

‎RetroArch is a free, ad-free, open source, and cross platform frontend/framework for emulators, game engines, video games, media players, and other applications. Supported systems come in the form of libretro cores. The following cores are included: * 2048 * Amstrad - CPC (CrocoDS) * Amstrad -...

Retroarch is here! Great day for iOS emulation.
tvOS once again left behind. tvOS is supported.

Last edited:

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Tested Ridge Racer with 4k rendering and 3x upscaling on my iPad Pro (A12Z processor) and it ran at a solid 60fps! Seems good so far!

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'll take credit for this, since these emulator releases are obviously intended to coincide with the delivery of my 15 Pro Max this evening.

Sanders21

Sep 3, 2023
Is this an official release of Retroarch? It defaults to Catalan when I boot it up and the UI keeps swapping fonts on me.

Running GBA games on my iPad Pro, it runs at double speed since the screen is 120Hz. I got the language changed, but all sub-menus are still in Catalan. Not sure this is a fully baked release yet, will have to check in on it after some updates.

Last edited:

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Haven't tried any games on either of these new emulators, but it's good to see that they're both native apps on iPad.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
JJzXuLk.png

Let's fucking go

Edit: Seems like you have to enable the Gsync/Freesync option in order for things to not be sped up.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Playing The Simpsons Aracade game, aka the greatest Simpsons game, on my phone is great.

PPSSPP released New
OP
OP
SixtyTwoMike

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe seems redundant with RetroArch now but PPSSPP is there too:

apps.apple.com

‎PPSSPP - PSP emulator

apps.apple.com

‎RetroArch