Oct 17, 2018
I've never understood the appeal of pubs, you just get overcharged for alcohol. Why meet with friends at a pub when you can just buy your own alcohol for cheaper outside the pubs?

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood the appeal of pubs, you just get overcharged for alcohol. Why meet with friends at a pub when you can just buy your own alcohol for cheaper outside the pubs?

Shared social space.

I use mine as a bit of a community hub - even if I'd probably never talk to a lot of the people there outside of a pub setting.

(And boy has that led to some strange conversations over the years...)

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
In the case of cocktail bars... far better concoctions than an amateur could get at home.

In the case of rum / whisky / gin bars... far better selection than a normal person could ever get at home.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017

Cans in the park is lovely now and again on a nice day, but nothing quite beats a pint with a friend or two in a really nice pub. Just something really pleasant about it.