• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Resignation Letter:

Fuck off into hell.

This likely won't end though, Pruitt basically left the EPA in tatters and someone will follow on his heels.

His replacement:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/05/scott-pruitt-epa-andrew-wheeler-570641
The man poised to take the reins at the Environmental Protection Agency if Scott Pruitt falls to scandal is a longtime Washington insider and coal lobbyist who would pursue the same anti-regulation agenda — only without all of Pruitt's baggage.

Andrew Wheeler, sworn in as EPA's deputy administrator in late April after a six-month confirmation battle, has spent decades in what President Donald Trump calls "the swamp," first as a top aide to Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) at the Environment and Public Works Committee, then as an energy lobbyist for clients such as the politically active coal company Murray Energy.

In contrast to Pruitt, an Oklahoma conservative who has alienated even some fellow Trump-supporting Republicans , Wheeler is a smooth insider with a penchant for policy details and a reputation for working well with both friends and adversaries. But those who have dealt with him say he's on board with the broad deregulatory agenda that Pruitt and Trump are pursuing.

So same shit, nicer package.

DhXfXiZWkAE_eWb.jpg:large

Where Wheeler has lobbied

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some reason Trump didn't preemptively fire him to try and spin things?

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, finally. Not like he won't pop up somewhere else, or that the EPA is going to continue being dismantled, but it's something at least.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fina-fucking-lly

Feel free to let the door hit you on the way out

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. I don't have hope the agency will go back to, you know, protecting the environment; but getting that corrupt piece of filth out is a positive step.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could be as flagrantly bad and vilely corrupt at my job and still have the opportunity to just walk away with the praise of my boss ringing in my ears.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck yourself!

While this is good, I guess now we get to see if Wheeler will be just as awful with deregulation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Get the hell out and never come back, Pruitt.

It is unfathomable to me that a President who ran on "drain the swamp" as a primary campaign chant put that crocodile in charge of the EPA.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Finally. This dude was a cancer on an already bloated, cancerous tumor that was this presidency. Here's hoping his life continues in failure following his exit.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A face only a guillotine could love.

Get fucked, Pruitt.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeeeah! Suck it Pruitt, you corrupt, polluting, science-denying, tax money squandering douchebag.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. I don't have hope the agency will go back to, you know, protecting the environment; but getting that corrupt piece of filth out is a positive step.

At the very least, it will cut down the amount of white noise obscuring some of the more skeezy acts of the administration.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully there's a jail cell with his name on it somewhere.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Thank you, Jesus.

Trump will just put some other fucking moron in his place. He cares about the EPA (and its functions) about as much as he cares about families on the border.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Well considering the fact he was brought on to basically destroy the EPA, he did a phenomenal job.

Fuck Trump, fuck the GOP, fuck Scott Pruitt