• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Now Available For Pre-Purchase
Can't wait? Neither can we. Pre-purchase now and get ready for launch, or stay up to date by adding to your Wishlist!

Dread Nautical
A tactical turn-based RPG with rogue-like elements, Dread Nautical combines immersive gameplay with a cartoonish — yet captivatingly eerie — tone.

Coming Soon
Add these titles to your Wishlist to keep track of future updates like pre-purchase, launch or sales!

Industries of Titan - Launching April 14!
Create a sprawling industrial city, design powerful factories, and compete with other Great Houses to stake your claim to the Industries of Titan!

Totally Reliable Delivery Service - Launching April 1!
Join up to four friends and haphazardly get the job done in an interactive sandbox world. Delivery attempted, that's a Totally Reliable Delivery Service guarantee!

Diabotical
A F2P fast-paced multiplayer Arena FPS set in a colorful robot universe. Create your own Eggbot and join the community in matches in 3 different game modes and 9 maps.

Saturnalia
A Survival Horror Adventure: play as a cast of characters exploring an isolated village of ancient ritual – its labyrinthine roads will change each time you lose all your characters.

Sludge Life
SLUDGE LIFE is a first-person / open-world / vandalism-centric stroll through a polluted island full of cranky idiots and a vibe so thick you can taste it.

Among Trees
Build your cabin, explore the deep forests, and live peacefully among the trees in this beautiful survival simulator. You'll have to eat, sleep and stay warm to survive.

Control - Expansion 1 - The Foundation - Launching March 26!
Explore the roots of the Oldest House and discover strange secrets unknown even to the Bureau. The Foundation doors are open, but some things should remain buried.

Samurai Shodown (Page Coming Soon!)
Legendary warriors return to fight for the fate of the world! This brand new game features high-end visuals and..

Not sure whether stuff like Samurai Shodown is exclusive yet or not. SNK said before they turned down an exclusive deal, but... who knows.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Industries of Titan? sad. I'd have bought day 1 in steam/gog. I wish EGS at the very least copied steam features so i could have the same experience.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So SS is finally coming to PC via client download?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
That was announced a year ago

Worth mentioning that it's supposed to be available on Steam when it exits early access. So probably about a year from now.

I can almost accept this sort of exclusivity as long as the devs are getting paid for the exclusivity. I can completely ignore the game during early access period and get the final game on platform of my choice.

meschio94

Jan 26, 2018
the quantity and the quality of the exclusives are falling off
I think even the developers are dodging the offer from epic

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can't imagine the Samurai Shodown playerbase being very active if it's exclusive to EGS and doesn't have the same input device support as Steam. At least they probably got the equivalent of 50,000-100,000 players in $$$ so they probably wouldn't care.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
So much for SNK turning down the EGS exclusivity deal on Samurai Showdown: Article

Hope it still comes to Steam in a reasonable amount of time, but without Rollback or Crossplay it won't have much of an Online lifespan anyways

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh FFS SNK. I love you and SS is my favourite brand of yours, but too late, and not the right client.
Hard pass.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
A delay wasn't enough. SNK thought it was better to kill off SamSho userbase on PC completly. :")

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

I think it's partly that, aside from literally a few exceptions, the grass hasn't been any greener on EGS than Steam (bag of cash aside), and also because Epic's exclusivity warchest is drying up, so it's casting as wide a net as possible and securing fewer big releases. The last announcement of particular note was, what, Borderlands 3? That was almost a year ago now. I don't really count RDR2 since the "co-exclusivity" period was literally a mere few weeks, but even that was just under half a year ago.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Worth mentioning that it's supposed to be available on Steam when it exits early access. So probably about a year from now.

I can almost accept this sort of exclusivity as long as the devs are getting paid for the exclusivity. I can completely ignore the game during early access period and get the final game on platform of my choice.

Yeah, I'm super interested in Industries of Titan, but I'm fine with this if it means more money for the devs. I'm in absolutely no hurry.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's partly that, aside from literally a few exceptions, the grass hasn't been any greener on EGS than Steam (bag of cash aside), and Epic's exclusivity warchest is drying up, so it's casting a wider net as possible and securing fewer big releases. The last big announcement was, what, Borderlands 3? That was almost a year ago now. I don't really count RDR2 since the "co-exclusivity" period was literally just a few weeks, but even that was just under half a year ago.
Still surprised about Horizon.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's partly that, aside from literally a few exceptions, the grass hasn't been any greener on EGS than Steam (bag of cash aside), and Epic's exclusivity warchest is drying up, so it's casting a wider net as possible and securing fewer big releases. The last big announcement was, what, Borderlands 3? That was almost a year ago now. I don't really count RDR2 since the "co-exclusivity" period was literally just a few weeks, but even that was just under half a year ago.

I am still waiting journalists who praised Epic Store to do interview with some of the indie developers who accepted Epic deal and talk how are their sales on Epic Store. At this point i will accept even unofficial Twitter feed.

meschio94

Jan 26, 2018
Still surprised about Horizon.

They are trying the approch, only us or nothing, and if they can't accomplish that with an exclusive deal, they will accept to sell the game with steam

Probably we will see horizon on EGS, but not with an exclusive deal,like death stranding (published even by 505, probably they got burned from Control)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Didn't the SamSho developers talk about how they turned down a PC exclusivity deal because they valued their users or something?

It's a shame, but I doubt I'll buy it for a while now.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
If they took it for this game they will get an offer for KOF as well. The top priority should be making KOF cross platform play so it doesn't die on PC.

I mean SNK doesnt actually know how to deal with it. They released KoF14 on Steam 1 year after the console release and wanted full price...

They release this game 1 year after it on PC, on a storefront/launcher that does not even have native fightpad support or the ability to use custom configurations for your fightpad and I assume also full priced.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they took it for this game they will get an offer for KOF as well. The top priority should be making KOF cross platform play so it doesn't die on PC.
Epic's cross-platform tech is vapourware. Even Borderlands 3, which Randy Pitchford claimed would get cross-play after launch, didn't get Epic's tech and had to spin up their own to enable Steam cross-play. If SNK goes ahead with releasing KoF this year, we can rule out cross platform play.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, it's been pretty noticeable for a while.

EGS didn't get any big exclusive since Borderlands, most of the games that took the deal clearly didn't turn into sleeper hits or anything and while the goal for Epic was to build up the EGS as a major player even at cost of operating at a net loss, the reality of it is that on what was supposed to be their big year Steam racked up some major wins, including how they drove back to their service Microsoft and Electronic Arts.

Also, arguably Bethesda, even if their attempt to move away from Valve's service was very short-lived.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
So much for SNK turning down the EGS exclusivity deal on Samurai Showdown: Article

Hope it still comes to Steam in a reasonable amount of time, but without Rollback or Crossplay it won't have much of an Online lifespan anyways
That might've meant Stadia, not EGS.

Either way I am super bummed out. This went from a day one purchase to probably not even at a deep discount because the userbase is going to be so nonexistant. Only thing that can save the game now is better netcode and crossplay at this point. SNK just does not know what they are doing with PC.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Epic's cross-platform tech is vapourware. Even Borderlands 3, which Randy Pitchford claimed would get cross-play after launch, didn't get Epic's tech and had to spin up their own to enable Steam cross-play. If SNK goes ahead with releasing KoF this year, we can rule out cross platform play.
satisfactory is taking months to bring to steam because "cross platform play is their top priority"

which is insane to me, how is it crossplay theyre both on pc. did you not know it was coming to steam at some point? did epic promise to do this part for you?

is gamespy still around, use that (don't actually this is a joke)

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I never played Samurai Shodown. Is it any good? I'm not huge on fighting games but I'm a sucker for SoulCalibur so I'm a bit interested.

And for the record, I love the EGS so don't base your recommendation on the game launcher since it's perfectly fine and I use it daily. I'm talking about the game here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Has SNK gone full villain? From saying they wouldn't want make SamSho exclusive to Epic, to making it exclusive to Google Stadia, and now is only properly launching on PC on Epic??? lol

I'm just joking, more power to them if it makes financial sense. Whatcha gonna do.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
satisfactory is taking months to bring to steam because "cross platform play is their top priority"

which is insane to me, how is it crossplay theyre both on pc. did you not know it was coming to steam at some point? did epic promise to do this part for you?

is gamespy still around, use that (don't actually this is a joke)

Well, it's usually what happens when you realize that "it's just another icon""it's just a launcher" is dumb and always was dumb.

These are platforms with their own integration tools.

Welcome to Sweeney's """multistore future""" in which you'll have up to who knows how many player pools on PC separated by launchers.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I never played Samurai Shodown. Is it any good? I'm not huge on fighting games but I'm a sucker for SoulCalibur so I'm a bit interested.

And for the record, I love the EGS so don't base your recommendation on the game launcher since it's perfectly fine and I use it daily. I'm talking about the game here.

If you want to play alone, go for it.