• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Red is the OP who made the original design. Epic goes to make a copyright claim on someone's original design right around when a big Geological/Paleontological conference is about to take place. Don't know who's algorithm my friend is blaming, but I'm just making some noise and also trying to help bring attention to this matter.

z64KgpH.jpg

3qNuWAK.jpg

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Example number 12002715 of why companies are never your friends.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there's an explanation but this definitely needs to end with Epic admitting they messed up and RedBubble reinstating the design, lol.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't let Microsoft know or they'll sue Epic for all they're worth. Copyright algorithms are so absurd, I wonder when they will stop creating all this nonsense

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it was done by a bot. Could be a mistake.
I don't are if it's done by a bot. These things shouldn't be happening, and giving these corporations and copyright claims such broad license to do this kind of shit is the reason it happens. It's entirely idiotic and they should be fined for it if true.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
I'd like to think something went wrong here. But the first sign of we've made too much money and don't know what to do with it all is frivolous law suits with a bunch of over zealous lawyers in tow. Don't fuck it up Epic. You were doing well.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it was done by a bot. Could be a mistake.
No. Not done by a bot. Done by the person who created the bot. Never, EVER, allow bot creators to defer blame to the machine. The machine is innocent, always. The people who create, use and benefit from the bot should take full responsibility for what the bot does. And if they can't deal with that, then maybe they should think twice before sending the bot out.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they copied Bluehole and it worked.
Now they're copying Bluehole's strategy of "Sue everyone".

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Wait what do pickaxes have to do with Fortnite? I thought it was a shooter.
Every player starts out with a pick axe in fortnite. You can use it as a weapon, but its mainly used to destroy trees/buildings/objects for harvesting wood, metal, and brick.. Which are used to build structures in the game to defend yourself/team with.
Hmm... maybe the Picture of the Pickaxe is from Fortnite?
The guy said he had the design of the pick axe a year before fortnite came out.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what do pickaxes have to do with Fortnite? I thought it was a shooter.
You start with a pickaxe which you can use to gather materials to build with (and occasionally as a melee weapon). It's a core element of the game.

Wonder what happened here, it just looks like a generic pickaxe icon, as does Fortnite's.Though within that label they aren't particularly similar

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Assholes. They get millions every week, and they can't stand a little t-shirt with a pickaxe thinking that it has to be about them? They need to get off that high horse. Money has driven them nuts.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Every player starts out with a pick axe in fortnite. You can use it as a weapon, but its mainly used to destroy trees/buildings/objects for harvesting wood, metal, and brick.. Which are used to build structures in the game to defend yourself/team with.
So because of this, Epic feels they own anything and everything related to pickaxes? Fuck them.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Another reason why the DMCA's "no risk to claimants" approach is complete BS. You can just issue broad claims and leave it to others to sort out, the only penalty is if you claim to represent a copyrighted work that you don't (e.g. if some rando claims issues a takedown claiming to be the Fortnite copyright holder) but as long as you own the work you claim to own there's no consequences to completely BS claims.