• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
Crazy stuff. Hope they start work on S2 asap

I hope not. I would HATE TLOU to go the way of GoT where the TV series needs to start writing future timeline material before the source

I think there's potential to tell stories in the world that aren't about Ellie which could be interesting for TV

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Although the show is great, it could be so much more. I can't wait for Season 2, I'm fully expecting them to get better directors, have a bigger budget and just have a better show all around. So happy its doing well.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
can't say I'm super surprised, The Last of Us has a very gripping story to tell even when it was in video game form, add that to the easy accessibility of the show and the great word of mouth and yeah the results seem obvs.

Congratulations to everyone involved in this show!

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. I would HATE TLOU to go the way of GoT where the TV series needs to start writing future timeline material before the source

I think there's potential to tell stories in the world that aren't about Ellie which could be interesting for TV
They have already confirmed season 2 (and highly likely 3) is TLOU Part II adaptation.

It's not a matter of "if", but "when".

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
They've done an incredible job adapting it. Last night's episode once again impressed the hell out of me. Bella is a treasure.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So glad more people are able to experience this story. I've been extremely satisfied with it so far.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's wild how big this show is. I know the games were already huge, but it feels like this franchise is hitting a whole other level.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I guess the early release for Super Bowl weekend kind of ruined the tracking lol and they had to wait for 2-3 consecutive Sunday releases again or something. Anyway, good to see the audience keeps growing. They gotta market the fuck out of the finale to reach that sweet 10M milestone.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

they've already confirmed that season 2 and 3 will both cover TLoU Part 2.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Much deserved! I'm so happy that this franchise I love is getting recognized and praised outside of the gaming medium.

Would be sweet for there to be a nice round 10 million for the finale.
It's going up against some decent competition in the Oscars so highly unlikely but hopefully so!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

Seasons 2 and 3 are Part 2

Mazin is working directly with Druckmann so if they were to find themselves in a position where the season correlating to Part III (assuming it exists) needed to start shooting while the game was still in development, Druckmann would have long since nailed the story for Part III down. Also it probably wouldn't air until 2029.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
God, I cannot fucking wait for S2 and what the reaction will be 🥵 Shit will be so fun to see, no matter what happens.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Nice nice nice

I think they got a little off the rails viewership-wise due to the SuperBowl but good to see the audience is still building

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Its amazing how HBO seems like the only network where this sort of thing tends to happen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh and as I keep saying. Never bet against The Last of Us. Games of the Generation back to back for a reason.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, I cannot fucking wait for S2 and what the reaction will be 🥵 Shit will be so fun to see, no matter what happens.
To be fair, I think the show is preparing the start of Part II way better than the original game did (obviously because they have the knowledge of what happens now)

Jan 20, 2022
Although the show is great, it could be so much more. I can't wait for Season 2, I'm fully expecting them to get better directors, have a bigger budget and just have a better show all around. So happy its doing well.
I do feel that the direction has been the weakest part of the show so far. It's really interesting to me that the game feels more cinematic than the actual live action film. I think all the jump-cuts and black screens really give it a sense of character that the show hasn't captured (I also really don't like the handheld cinematography of the show - makes it feel cheap). Not to mention they've cut out so much of the action that the world doesn't feel even remotely as scary as the game does. I've seen people talk about how bleak the show is. And all I'd say to that is stay far away from the game then because it's orders of magnitude more grim.

I also think the game stays in the pocket better. The show expands the world, which results in some awesome moments, but I also feel it isn't quite as tightly told.

The acting and writing is stellar though. And the production design is great! I'm super curious how they'll approach TLOU2. I hope they dedicate a lot of time to building the world, because the atmosphere of Part II is second to none and if they can effectively capture that on screen, this show will be an All-Timer

Last edited:

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
IIRC, it's already confirmed they want to do Part II as 2 seasons. By the time season 3 is over in 3 or 4 years, Druckmann is probably done writing Part III, even if the game isn't out yet.

Do you think Sony / Druckmann would want the TV and Part III to come out at the same time? We also don't know if Ellie's story will be a trilogy

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of gamers say it feels rushed but I do think the pacing of this show is it's biggest asset in its increasing viewership

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
I do feel that the direction has been the weakest part of the show so far. It's really interesting to me that the game feels more cinematic than the actual live action film. I think all the jump-cuts and black screens really give it a sense of character that the show hasn't captured. Not to mention they've cut out so much of the action that the world doesn't feel even remotely as scary as the game does. I've seen people talk about how bleak the show is. And all I'd say to that is stay far away from the game then because it's orders of magnitude more grim.

I also think the game stays in the pocket better. The show expands the world, which results in some awesome moments, but I also feel it isn't quite as tightly told.

The acting and writing is stellar though. And the production design is great! I'm super curious how they'll approach TLOU2. I hope they dedicate a lot of time to building the world. Because the atmosphere of Part II is second to none and if they can effectively capture that on screen, this show will be an All-Timer

I really love the show but I completely agree. I hope they don´t rush production for Part II because it is a tough nut to crack.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I like the show, but don't love it. It's a decent adaptation that falls a tad short in the character development territory. I like both games quite a bit, but I think the gameplay gives the secondary characters a chance to breathe and actually be emotionally meaningful. As it stands pretty much everyone other than Joel and Ellie feels rushed to whatever fate they were intended.

I cared about Henry and Sam because of the game, would they have the same impact after less than an hour of screen time? I'm not so sure to be honest. Still, I really interested to see what season 2 brings. The acting is fantastic and the story is great. I just hope the numbers give them a chance to tell the story they want to tell.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pedro Pascal though...

Is great, as is Bella, but the best show?

To each their own of course, but that's a bold statement when stuff like Barry, Succession, Hot D, Sopranos, The Leftovers, Watchmen, Chernobyl, etc. etc. all exist

Now, if the show can find way to successfully adapt Part 2, perhaps I could reconsider... or at least put it in my Top 5 haha