Do you want Biden to win the 2020 Democratic Primary?

• Yes

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,899 89.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as every thread about Biden seems to have a "why don't you start an era poll about Biden if you're gonna assume how Era feels about him" post, I figured I'd just go ahead and get it over with and ask what Era thinks about Biden winning the primary.

Let me start: No.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
No, but I will support him in general if he is the nominee.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand... wouldn't a better question be "would you be ok if he won the primary?"

This question is loaded.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I'd vote for Bernie, Warren, Harris, or Buttigieg over Biden any day of the week.

Of course, I'd support the Democratic Party's nominee in the general election.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I wanted Biden to run in 16, but I think he didn't because it was Hillary's turn. Now I want Harris to win.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, he's a lot more than "creepy Joe" he's actually like, directly responsible for every bad thing that's happening now?

Why can't individuals use bankruptcy to help alleviate debt load from the ballooning costs of student debts? Oh why that's good ole Joe Biden.

Why has mass incarceration increased dramatically over the last 30 years over petty crimes, creating a slave caste in the United States? Why good ole Joe Biden.

The list is extensive. And if he wins, whoo boy hold on to your butts because you're not ready for the shambling evil ghouls that the GOP will trot out in 2024 who will run on a campaign to militarize the US border and win.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He's not my first choice. I would prefer Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Andrew Yang, Elizabeth Warren ect.., but if he wins the primary, I'll be more than happy to vote for him.

OP
OP
Steel

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I will support him in general if he is the nominee.
Same. Hopefully most people feel the same.

I don't understand... wouldn't a better question be "would you be ok if he won the primary?"

This question is loaded.
Says neutral question is loaded. Would like to replace neutral question with loaded question.

Perhaps "Do you like Biden" would've been better, but your option is definitely more loaded.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want him to win the primary but if he does I'll do everything I can to make sure he wins the general.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yes. He has by far the best chance of beating Trump.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Support my shit candidate who won't make any genuine material changes for the lives of the vast majority of Americans, dispossessed or not, or endure eternal shame"

Here's a thought, how about you just, idk, nominate better people.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
He's the last person I want to win. But if course if he does I'd vote for him over Donald.

Edit : Maybe 2nd to last person I'd want to win. Atleast Biden has policies and stuff, I still don't know wtf Beto is on about.

Last edited:

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Poll makes me happy. I know people without principles who compromise in desperate times with even the lowest of the lows exist. That's fine. But thankfully they're a minority.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Why would I want a man who proudly legislated and advised towards what I consider to be a disastrous economic (amongst other examples) culture?

A million to one vs. Trump but nothing would make me happier than Biden disappearing ASAP in the primaries.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Needs a "Thor 2:The Dark World would be a better nom. than Biden" choice

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your question is way more loaded than this one.

Same. Hopefully most people feel the same.

Says neutral question is loaded. Would like to replace neutral question with loaded question.

Perhaps "Do you like Biden" would've been better, but your option is definitely more loaded.

Clearly I've missed the point here. From the first few votes it's clear what people think about him, I just wondered if the more interesting or useful question was would you vote for him if he were to win the primary.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden opposes packing the supreme court. Joe Biden has a long history wielding the senate filibuster himself and at no point has supported ending it. Joe Biden doesn't believe that there should be any countermanding of private insurance in the interest of creating a universal system of health care in this country.

Joe Biden is an awful man, an awful politician, and would be an awful President.

But on the plus side he'd at least make accelerationists happy so hey at least someone wins.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Despite him being number one in the polls right nowin the democratic primary(we'll see if he holds onto that after the debates where he wont be able to run away), he'll lose if he goes against Trump in the general. We've heard for a long time without proof that progressives cant win because they are too far left. But we already have proof of centrist liberals and center right wing folks turning off the people they need to win.

That's without even touching the reality that he , and the rest of the centrists are NOT what we need in the Presidency in this time period of great strife. People who dont have policies are not needed, people who want to kick the can down the road are not needed, people who have to be apologizing and deflecting from their horrible records are not what we need.

So, spoiler alert....no, i dont think he should win. It has to be Sanders or Warren, to preferably Sanders with a Warren VP ticket. And i'll proclaim it as long as i possibly can in this primary.

I feel like a broken record, i said the exact same things last election cycle on the old site.

Last edited:

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol nice edit, "You're right, it will" I believe was the original post.

And yes, of course I am. "beating Trump" doesn't matter if you don't DO anything with it.

The goal can't be to "make the bad man go away" because when you do, then you're just conditioning people to not care what happens afterwards, which means things just get worse.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
No, I want Beto to win.

I'll rally for whoever takes it though, at the end of the day any of the 2,000,000 candidates are better than Trump.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
He's got plenty of skeletons in his closet, a history of siding with questionable policies, is being touted as the "safe" option, and is doing little to actually push things to the left and instead is just wanting to compromise with people who keep demanding more with every compromise. He represents the same lessons that weren't learned before 2016 in terms of trying to rebuild the coalition of voters that is necessary to combat the ratfucking the Republicans have done to the American voting public. Biden may make a token effort to try and reach the voters Hillary neglected, but he's never going to go where the party needs to go to be able to win.

Just about the only difference he is going to provide from 2016 is that he'd be slightly more catty than Hillary was and in a way that won't do anything against Trump's base.

How do you figure? Democrats polled vote for him Centrists certainly do. What data do you have that has Trump kicking Biden's ass? I don't even like Biden
Polls this early on don't mean shit, nor did they ultimately mean much in the lead into the 2016 generals.

The kind of centrists that Biden is going to go after (re: the same ones Hillary tried to court) are not going to turn out for him in the end. He needs to be already gunning for winning back over the blue collar workers that people on the ground have been saying for decades were being turned from the Democratic party and nobody bothered listening.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Lol nice edit, "You're right, it will" I believe was the original post.

And yes, of course I am. "beating Trump" doesn't matter if you don't DO anything with it.

The goal can't be to "make the bad man go away" because when you do, then you're just conditioning people to not care what happens afterwards, which means things just get worse.
Nah, that can very much be the goal when Biden is 100x better than Trump.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not have a nearly 80 year old man who doesn't understand personal boundaries be the leader of the progressive party, okay?

OP
OP
Steel

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly I've missed the point here. From the first few votes it's clear what people think about him, I just wondered if the more interesting or useful question was would you vote for him if he were to win the primary.
I would hope most would vote for him in the general, that doesn't say that they like Biden just that they prefer him to Trump (The lowest of bars). But the reason this thread exists is because of numerous "Era thinks X" about Biden posts one way or the other ("Era loves him!", "Era hates him", etc.).

Side note, the reason I didn't make it a "Do you like Biden" poll is because, well, as the OP I'd answer "no" to a "do you like" poll to any politician, so for me that'd be a loaded question, so I went with a question that my vote would actually change based on the candidate you ask about.

Status
Not open for further replies.