BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit late for scary stuff because we missed Halloween, but it's never too late to post and talk about your favorite SCPs!

I'll start with one of my favorites:

SCP-504!

Description: SCP-504 is a species of tomato physically and genetically identical to that of the typical commercially-grown tomato. It was recovered in [REDACTED], Kentucky after a woman reported to the police that her farmer husband had been "murdered by his lunch". The Foundation is currently working to identify and destroy loose strains of SCP-504 in the surrounding commercial farming areas.

When a poor attempt at humor is made verbally within human hearing range of SCP-504's tomatoes, they instantly accelerate to a speed of at least 100 miles per hour (approx. 160 kilometers per hour, 45 meters per second) in the direction of the sound's source. Only mature tomatoes, separated from their vines and less than 10% rotted or chemically compromised, exhibit this effect once each. Tomatoes do not have to be physically intact, though ingested tomatoes are usually insulated enough from sound to prevent their effects before neutralization by stomach acid.

SCP-504 tomatoes seem to reach speeds relative to the inciting attempt at humor (see experiment log). Relevant variables seem to include corniness, humor-to-length ratio, and use of puns. Language appears irrelevant.

For beginners or people who do know about The SCP Foundation and all of it's glory:

I'd recommend people check out the rest of his channel as he loves to do these lore videos. I'll make it easier and link his SCP playlist:
Exploring The SCP Foundation Playlist

In recent news:

Tl;dw Andrey Duskin has trademarked the SCP Logo for Eurasian Countries. He can do literally anything he wants in those countries. The SCP and all of it's various and creative entries have been built and improved upon by the community and for the community. It is not something a person can just come in and lay claim to.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watching thread in hopes of spooky fan-made videos.

Reading them as log files just isn't the same.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The coffee vending machine!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-294

Description: Item SCP-294 appears to be a standard coffee vending machine, the only noticeable difference being an entry touchpad with buttons corresponding to an English QWERTY keyboard. Upon depositing fifty cents US currency into the coin slot, the user is prompted to enter the name of any liquid using the touchpad. Upon doing so, a standard 12-ounce paper drinking cup is placed and the liquid indicated is poured. Ninety-seven initial test runs were performed (including requests for water, coffee, beer, and soda, non-consumable liquids such as sulfuric acid, wiper fluid, and motor oil, as well as substances that do not usually exist in liquid state, such as nitrogen, iron and glass) and each one returned a success. Test runs with solid materials such as diamond have failed, however, as it appears that SCP-294 can only deliver substances that can exist in liquid state.

Document SCP-294a (regarding incident 294-01): On August 21, 2005, Agent Joseph ██████ attempted to use Item SCP-294 to obtain coffee during his allotted break time at 9:30 AM. At the request of Agent █████ █████████ "to see what it would do", ██████ requested "a cup of Joe" from the item. Moments after confirming the selection, Agent Joseph ██████ began to sweat profusely and complained of dizziness before collapsing. After moving the unconscious agent to the infirmary, the medical team recovered the contents of the cup dispensed by Item SCP-294: a combination of blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids. Testing revealed the DNA sequence of the biological material dispensed by SCP-294 matched that of Agent ██████.

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah SCP thread!
This is my favorite fan series: Conefinement.

I get that the text makes SCP's ambiguous with all the expunged data and redactions (there isn't even a confirmed canon design for how 682 looks), but the text can get boring.

OP
OP
BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
SCP-294 is a good one. I like that one. Another is:

SCP-261
Description: SCP-261 appears to be a large black vending machine with no front glass panel, and a small keypad on the right side. SCP-261 was recovered in Yokohama, Japan. SCP-261 was brought to the Foundation's attention after investigation of an "urban legend" about a "magic vending machine" that was circulating on the internet. SCP-261 was found in a back alley behind a large shopping center, with a hand-written sign saying "out of order" in Japanese taped to it. SCP-261 has no marks or identification of any kind, and no locals remember when or how it came to be in its current location.

Internally, SCP-261 appears to be a basic vending machine equipped to vend food and beverage items. After a key was made and the front door opened, no abnormal materials were found, and it was determined that SCP-261 has never actually contained any food or beverage items. The keypad, while connected and operating correctly, does not activate any of the dispensing mechanisms.

When money is placed into SCP-261 and a three-digit number is entered on the keypad, SCP-261 will vend a random item. SCP-261 has not accepted any currency other than Yen, with rejected currency being deposited in the coin return slot. It is unknown how these items appear; however, SCP-261 will not operate when the door is open, or when recording devices are placed inside. The number entered on the keypad has no effect on the item vended, nor has any pattern been detected. Items are always some form of "snack food", and typically have bright, attention-grabbing packaging.

SCP-261 is capable of operating with no external power supply, but operation in this state will cause "unstable" vending to occur much more quickly than normal. If SCP-261 is used several times in a short period of time and/or large amounts of money are entered before an item is vended, SCP-261 will start to dispense bizarre items. While still "food", their suitability for human consumption is often non-existent.

Hell yeah SCP thread!
This is my favorite fan series: Conefinement.

I get that the text makes SCP's ambiguous with all the expunged data and redactions (there isn't even a confirmed canon design for how 682 looks), but the text can get boring.

I agree and it sucks that not enough people are willing to make short videos based on SCP and it's like. I prefer the shorter versions and I'll read a long one once in a while if it's interesting enough.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Groundhog Day: Basketball edition

SCP-1733 is a digital recording of the 2010-2011 NBA season opening game played at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts on 10/26/2010 between the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. Agents monitoring social networking sites were alerted to SCP-1733 when Boston native █████ ██████ complained in a Facebook thread on 10/27 about a technical foul in the third quarter involving players Ray Allen and Chris Bosh that never occurred in the original broadcast. When confronted, █████ ██████ uploaded the relevant segment much to the confusion of his derogators. Foundation agents embedded in Facebook's moderator team deleted the thread and procured the IP addresses of all individuals present at the chat at this time to locate and administer Class-A amnesiacs. The Motorola brand DVR containing SCP-1733 was recovered for study.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I was totally thinking about making an SCP thread, but my thread making privileges took too long to kick in. Good work.

Here is a good one that I rarely see on anyone's SCP list: The Tunnel Slide
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1562

As someone who has a thing about confined spaces, this one really got to me.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
SCP-1548

Description: SCP-1548 is the Foundation term for PSR B0531+21, an optical pulsar in the Crab Nebula. Originally discovered in 1942 by various scientific organizations, the anomalous nature of the star was not known until 1968, when Agent M███████, then an astronomer at [REDACTED], began observations via radio telescope. Radio observations revealed that the star was, in fact, accelerating towards the Solar System, and that it was pulsing in Morse Code. The first fully transcribed SCP-1548 message, translated from Russian and broadcast in three bursts, reads as follows: "I wake/I see all/And find it lacking". SCP-1548 normally pulses at a rate of approximately 30hz, although higher transmission rates have been recorded (see Addendum SCP-1548-A).

One of the first I stumbled upon when finding out about scp.

Oct 25, 2017
Another great one is 2852. "Cousin Johnny" http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2852
It's a long one but worth it.
It was even used for some dark comedy in a crossover with 2030 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2030
http://www.scp-wiki.net/funerals-are-fun

This one I feel like can be easily made into a B-movie or adapted into a Hollywood movie. Short, succinct, and gets to the point. The point in which the audience realizes that they're in a endless loop would be such a good scene if made right.

There's a tale on the site that shows 1733 can happen in more programs. This one an infomercial with two people where they descend to madness. Can't find it though....

OP
OP
BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of related, but Blomkamf's studio Oats Studios released some infomercials that are slightly similar to what you're describing DanarchyReigns . It's not exactly a time loop, but it's sort of a "oh shit we're doing this and it's happening on tv!" kind of realization:

Seeing more of the studio's works and I kind of want them to tackle their version of The Foundation and The SCP. They're beginning to get there with their videos.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Sort of related, but Blomkamf's studio Oats Studios released some infomercials that are slightly similar to what you're describing DanarchyReigns . It's not exactly a time loop, but it's sort of a "oh shit we're doing this and it's happening on tv!" kind of realization:

Seeing more of the studio's works and I kind of want them to tackle their version of The Foundation and The SCP. They're beginning to get there with their videos.

hmmmm, probably should have waited to watch this until AFTER dinner, rather than during.

L4DANathan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fairfax, VA, USA
Here's a great new one: A Perfectly Normal, Regular Old IKEA:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-3008

I read that one for the first time the other day! It's great.

Yep, still the best written entry on the site.

My recommendations (two classics and a story):

SCP-087 "The Stairwell" - Nice and creepy.

SCP-106 "The Old Man" - Also nice and creepy.

SCP-001 Proposition "The Broken God" - An apocalypse story that actually FEELS like an apocalypse story.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
SCP 426: I am a toaster

Description: Hello, I am SCP-426. I must be introduced this way in order to prevent ambiguity. I am an ordinary toaster, able to toast bread when supplied with electricity. However, when any human being mentions me, they inadvertently refer to me in the first person. Despite all attempts, there is yet to be a way to speak or write about me in the third person. When in my continuous presence for over two months, individuals begin to identify themselves as a toaster. Unless forcibly restrained, these people will ultimately harm themselves in their attempts to emulate my standard functions.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This one is always my favourite: SCP-914 - The Clockworks
I also recommend reading the Experiment Logs. Despite being listed as Safe since it requires operation to be a danger, this thing seems like one of the most dangerous objects written about in the entire SCP database.

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember exactly what the titles were, but the competition SCPs with the Sun and the impossible tower are some of my favorites. They've changed the links since I last looked at the site.
507 is good too.

EDIT: tower is 3333
EDIT: sun is a 0001 proposal

Last edited:

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
I like the one about the butler that you can call up by ringing a silver bell?

On mobile right now so if no other awesome poster can drop a link, I'll find it later :)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what this thread is about...
Don't worry, I was super confused about this stuff at first too, and it took a bit of searching and digging to figure out what it is.

SCP is a site that holds a collection of short horror stories of sci-fi/paranormal nature. All the stories are set in a fictional universe that is similar to our own, and are about the SCP organization, which finds various items or entities that have paranormal traits and attempts to contain them from the rest of the world for safety's sake.

Each article is written like a wiki page/report filed away in the organization. They describe a given item, what it does, and how it's contained. Some people get really creative about how they write these pages, and they read more like short stories than descriptive pages.

Think something along the lines of Outer Limits/X-Files type stuff, but user-submitted and generally filtered so that only decent stories actually make it on the site.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, I was super confused about this stuff at first too, and it took a bit of searching and digging to figure out what it is.

SCP is a site that holds a collection of short horror stories of sci-fi/paranormal nature. All the stories are set in a fictional universe that is similar to our own, and are about the SCP organization, which finds various items or entities that have paranormal traits and attempts to contain them from the rest of the world for safety's sake.

Each article is written like a wiki page/report filed away in the organization. They describe a given item, what it does, and how it's contained. Some people get really creative about how they write these pages, and they read more like short stories than descriptive pages.

Think something along the lines of Outer Limits/X-Files type stuff, but user-submitted and generally filtered so that only decent stories actually make it on the site.
Thank you

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I used to spend hours on SCP. I still find new stuff and never get sick of it. Some of the best crowd sourced material on the internet.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
While not a SCP exactly, one of the competitors for SCP 3000 (I think) was a SCP about the sun (or was it rain?), and how the Sun suddenly changed people. There was a short story about a survivor exploring an abandoned SCP facility, and the story ended with him being "caught" and dragged out onto the sunlight by a horde of changed humans. It was chilling, but for some reason it was removed before the competition even ended.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While not a SCP exactly, one of the competitors for SCP 3000 (I think) was a SCP about the sun (or was it rain?), and how the Sun suddenly changed people. There was a short story about a survivor exploring an abandoned SCP facility, and the story ended with him being "caught" and dragged out onto the sunlight by a horde of changed humans. It was chilling, but for some reason it was removed before the competition even ended.

It got repurposed into a 0001 proposal: http://www.scp-wiki.net/shaggydredlocks-proposal

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
SCP-1048: Builder Bear

The more anomalous behavior of SCP-1048 was not observed until approximately 7 months after it was originally secured. It is hypothesized that the subject is able to construct crude replicas of itself using various materials, by a process that has yet to be observed directly by Foundation staff. Dr. Carver has suggested that SCP-1048 uses its endearing qualities to lull those around it in to a false sense of security, allowing it to collect materials to produce these creations. Currently, there are 3 known creations of SCP-1048, designated SCP-1048-A, SCP-1048-B, and SCP-1048-C. The nature of these creations has been in stark contrast to SCP-1048's general behavior, as all have exhibited extreme violence towards humans.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forget the number but the talking spider.

RIP Bro.

Not every SCP should be horror.