• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
It's a weird list to make, because you end up making the list comparing and then listing against two very different eras and it leads to thinks like Penn State sitting at 12 between Princeton and Harvard.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh yeah my nephew is in the Corps at A&M... he's a sweet kid but I'm definitely scared about all the indoctrination stuff they go through.

I guess I don't really have a great history wtih A&M... two of my classmates from middle school were involved in the bonfire collapse. One died and one was injured pretty bad.

My sister was friends with someone who died in the Bonfire, too.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In the end, a compromise was reached where the gay student group could march, but only if the anti-abortion group could hold a counter protest. So in the end, the gay student group just decided not to march at all.

I was fucking dumbfounded. What the fuck does anti-abortion have to do with gay rights??

My friend, you have just dipped your toes into understanding the interconnected web of fundamentalist Christian dogma known as "traditional marriage". Did you know that anti-contraception views fits into this web as well?

1. Sex exists to make babies. If you don't want to make babies, don't have sex.
2. Marriage exists to raise babies made by the sex of two people. If you aren't planning to raise babies made by your sex, don't get married.

Suddenly, you see how all conservative views about gender, sex, abortion, contraception, and child-rearing are connected from these underlying assumptions.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Forget West Virginia being on the list. They should be DQ'd for their fans alone.

I had season tickets each year in college and any game we hosted WV was a fucking nightmare. Completely unlike any other fanbase I've ever seen (even worse than UK fans somehow). They'd spit on people or throw drinks on them during the game. A group of them once tore a bunch of seats out of our stadium because they didn't like that ours was newer/nicer and thought this would be a way to even it up. They'd frequently key "WVU" into cars, even ones blocks away not at the game, parked at a Kroger and shit like that.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
I've been to just about every major college in Texas for either football or basketball. Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, Rice, UTEP, TSU, ABU, PVA&M, Texas State, UTA, UTSA... all been treated well.

I was literally spat on in college station.

I've been treated better by fucking sooners, at least they'll occasionally buy you a beer.

Would like to have a drink with ya too. Fuck them Aggies. (And Longhorns, but that goes without saying in my case, lol)

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
I am sorry if anyone has had a bad experience at A&M, because usually that isn't the case. I know I personally would try to find away team fans (regardless or win or lose) and thank them for a great game. Hell an LSU fan once asked on our message board where would be a good place to get a beer (and we hate the corndogs) and a guy dropped his phone number on the message board and said you can join me at my tailgate. Yeah we are weird, but I have a lot of love for the school. Really helped me find myself and taught very important lessons in honor and honesty that I do not see at my current Post Grad school. Can I still sing Hulla-baloo Caneck Caneck 7 years out of college, hell yeah I can, we are absolutely a cult. But there is definitely a sense of camaraderie with the Aggie ring in places around the world. We have a sizable group of us in Seattle and we always reconnect through the AggieNetwork to watch the games and drink Shiner. We have hosted games with the Sooners when we played in a bowl together a few years back, as well as other hated SEC teams. Life is too short to hate another school, even the damn t-sips, at least they are Texans, haha.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need to correct the OP and the article. A&M actually only has one national championship. About five years ago they took the SEC strategy and claimed titles that they didn't actually win: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-its-cheap-championship-claims-in-fine-print/

They claimed 1919 and 1927 despite every member of those teams having died and never once thinking that they were a national champion.

I was correct, i never said they didnt have a natty, i said they dont have two (and they dont).

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
My dad and I went to a game at each of the Big 12 school's when Mizzou joined up, and I actually found just about everyone was pretty friendly, even Aggies. Maybe it's because there wasn't much bad blood yet or maybe it's because Mizzou was only just starting to claw its way out of a decade of futility, so we weren't a threat.

The only really rude fanbase I saw was Arkansas, the one year we played them in the Cotton Bowl. Even then, it was more of the SEC chauvinism than actual dickishness, and it only made the shellacking we gave them sweeter.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
I was correct, i never said they didnt have a natty, i said they dont have two (and they dont).
Sorry. Didn't read spoiler. And you are right. Let's also not forget they claimed two conference championships in the big 12 in years when they didn't even play in the conference championship games.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
kentucky_wildcats_football.png

Was nowhere to be seen in the top 50 I therefore deem this list to be reputable and accurate.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
A bunch of Ivy league schools and small NAIA schools in the list. Its going to go how you thought it would go. Was surprised to see UW so low at 30, then noticed all the other schools in there.