• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
https://www.esrb.org/ratings/39481/system-shock-remake/

Console release soon?

*Warning* the word shit appears in the game
Screenshot-2023-09-07-213358.png

Jul 30, 2023
Could not be more in, Nightdive just keep blessing us with all these goodies - first Rise of the Triad on consoles September 29, now this.

Wonder if there's anything prohibiting a port to further consoles (beyond the Switch) of their Strife remaster?

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
I hope they improve the controller support, while the gunplay was fine, the UI navigation was not the best.
Outside of that, amazing remake, even more considering it came around the same time as RE4 and Dead Space. Amazing time for action horror games.

Last edited:

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really good remake. I love the art style with the chunky pixel textures and modern lighting effects.

But yeah, the UI could use a bit of work for pure controller support. And I'd still like a UI rework to make the text readable on the Deck.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Hoping the controls are further optimized. I didn't care for using a controller much on PC version.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
If anybody from Nightdive is reading.. I need to know if System Shock 2 for consoles is still a thing. Please!

Can't wait to dive in into this remaster on my PS5.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Hope there's a physical PS5 release.

I'm in either way, I'd just love to be physically in, you know?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I thought system shock 1 remake wasn't rated on the esrb previously because it's not mandatory for digital only pc games, but maybe im off base and thinkin of sommit else

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
*Warning* the word shit appears in the game
im-out-welp.gif

For real though this is an astoundingly good game. I had never played the original, only SS2, and this held up so well. It was a tough road but Nightdive made an incredibly loyal yet modern remake of this thing; if it were a straight-up new game I would have loved it just the same.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
In a year packed with amazing games, this is still my front-runner for Game of the Year so far.
I hope it's a great port.

Hopefully it also gets a patch on PC to fix some minor issues as well though.
Steam Cloud saves are still broken, and I know two people that wanted to play it who jump between their PC and Steam Deck, who are waiting on that first.
And while you can enable HDR via a hidden command option (it's a UE4 thing) the UI ends up really washed-out - which would apparently only require a minor texture modification to fix (not flagged as the correct type or something like that).

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
This needs to come with a patch for pc cause there's several achievements that are impossible to get.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Recently played through this for the first time and it's fantastic. Some moments of frustration to be sure, and the game outright wants you dead (particularly at the start) but it's an incredible game with a fantastic lick of paint from Nightdive.

Have immediately moved on to System Shock 2, and I honestly might end up preferring the SS1 remake for some of the QoL. SS2's opening hours feel even rougher by comparison, and it only really hooked me from about 3-4 hours in.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda curious how they handle the inventory tetris stuff on console. It's a little painful even with a mouse.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Going to be fun trying to juggle this along Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wake 2 if it releases in that same period. I'd love to play on PC right now but I'd have to lower the settings a good bit to get it to run smoothly on my rig, will get it on PS5 or Series X instead.

If we can get at least a week between those three releases, that'd be ideal, because they each can get the full attention they deserve.