Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Gravity Rush 2 worth it if I haven't played the first game?

So far it looks like Nier and maybe the KH3 DLC with concert but not sure if the concert is worth it.

Amakusa

Powered by Friendship™
Nov 2, 2017
Hey, GermanERA (or anyone close to the German border): If you're interested in the Yakuza 3-5 Remasters, Saturn has the Yakuza Remastered Collection Day One Edition for €39,99. It's the same price as all three games on PSN, but physical, which I know many people still prefer.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, GermanERA (or anyone close to the German border): If you're interested in the Yakuza 3-5 Remasters, Saturn has the Yakuza Remastered Collection Day One Edition for €39,99. It's the same price as all three games on PSN, but physical, which I know many people still prefer.
And as an added bonus, the physical version is technically more uncut (as long as you dont patch it) than the digital version - as for licensing reasons (I assume) Sega had to patch out the Don Quixote shop theme from several of the Yakuza games rather recently - including the remaster collection, however the 1.0 versions on the physical discs retain the song.

Amakusa

Powered by Friendship™
Nov 2, 2017
And as an added bonus, the physical version is technically more uncut (as long as you dont patch it) than the digital version - as for licensing reasons (I assume) Sega had to patch out the Don Quixote shop theme from several of the Yakuza games rather recently - including the remaster collection, however the 1.0 versions on the physical discs retain the song.

I didn't know that! Having it on disc was nice enough for me, but that's a neat bonus. :D

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's UK pricing

This is a quality post.

giphy.gif

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I thought that was a mistake at first.

I also bought it myself the last time it was on sale for like. £8? and have yet to start it... feel like I've lost money lol

This is also me, lol

Visual novel + strategy rpg, with an overall story focus, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I think I looked into them a while back but they're apparently mostly VN with a small amount of gameplay, and that put me off

They do seem to be held in high regard though

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Always bothers me when games on sale are twice as high as their last sale. I get it, but lame

I got:
Yakuza kiwami 2
Yakuza remastered collection
Dragons crown pro
Nier automata yorha edition

Hope next time Odin sphere is cheaper.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
The Yakuza Collection should be somewhat playable using remote play on PC, yeah? Seems like the perfect laptop game as long as it doesn't rely on uber-twitch responsiveness like a sports or action game.

For reference, I was able to accommodate the lag enough to play THPS1+2 somewhat successfully, though it wasn't overly enjoyable.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to know why FFXII is still so pricey compared to other FF games. I've been meaning to rebuy it digitally, so I can get rid of my physical copy, but I can't justify it for €25...

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys help me decide

bayonetaa and vanquish for 20$
Gravity rush 2 12$

Which one or just skip both ?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Should i get the Yakuza titles or is there a chance that they'll go on sale even cheaper then this?
They go on sale all the time so no rush. I'd imagine 3-5 probably have some wiggle room for further price drops since they are still relatively new. Also, assuming you've not played any yet, why not just buy one and see if you like them before grabbing them all?

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
They go on sale all the time so no rush. I'd imagine 3-5 probably have some wiggle room for further price drops since they are still relatively new. Also, assuming you've not played any yet, why not just buy one and see if you like them before grabbing them all?

I did play a couple, the first one back then on PS2 and then 0 recently. Love them, but there's many games, they're quite long, and the formula sometimes gets me tired, so i'd definitely keep digging but i'd prefer to buy them on sale, my backlog is getting is growing

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Nioh 2 still hasn't hit that £20 price point I want to grab it at.

I did get Katana Kami though, I'm willing to take a chance for £14.99.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Ended up getting Taiko no Tatsujin, Utawarerumono, Steins;Gate Elite, Monochrome Order. Goddamn these sales.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance the latest Gundam VS will be discounted some time soon ? Only the old one is discounted right now.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Maybe I'm going crazy but looks like some more games were added

Last of Us Remastered is there for £7.99
Iconoclasts for £6.39

Also Darkest Dungeon and New Super Lucky's Tale

There are a few more but those were the ones that jumped out at me

Sep 11, 2020
Perfect! For some reason I thought it was taken off the store but Ill grab the first one and the 2 in a later sale if I like it. Thanks for recommending

I think I've seen the first one in PSN as part of this sale at around 9€. If you just want to try it out, I think it's a good deal. Especially, because the retail version is getting expensive, and at a fast rate.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Couple of questions:

1. If you buy the Bayo & Vanquish bundle, can you install them separately?
2. How is Garou Mark of the Wolves? I never really got into SNK fighters, but it looks pretty fun with a nice parry/just defence system. (Cross-buy for Vita is also quite tempting.)

Thanks to anyone in the know!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of questions:

2. How is Garou Mark of the Wolves? I never really got into SNK fighters, but it looks pretty fun with a nice parry/just defence system. (Cross-buy for Vita is also quite tempting.)

Thanks to anyone in the know!
Garou is quite simply one of the best (SNK) fighters of all time. Its pretty easy to get into as control/moves list wise its pretty easy with the inputs compared to past Fatal Fury games, and gameplay wise its pretty much best in class. Definitely worth getting!
And as a side note, Garou always impressed me with its visuals/animations since it released at a similar time to Third Strike (around 2000 I think?) and it was running on the then 10 year old Neo Geo hardware - yet somehow they managed to squeeze this amazing looking and sounding game onto the hardware. SNK back in the day were wizards with the NG...

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Garou is quite simply one of the best (SNK) fighters of all time. Its pretty easy to get into as control/moves list wise its pretty easy with the inputs compared to past Fatal Fury games, and gameplay wise its pretty much best in class. Definitely worth getting!
And as a side note, Garou always impressed me with its visuals/animations since it released at a similar time to Third Strike (around 2000 I think?) and it was running on the then 10 year old Neo Geo hardware - yet somehow they managed to squeeze this amazing looking and sounding game onto the hardware. SNK back in the day were wizards with the NG...
You've pretty much sold it to me! It does indeed look and sound great, and funnily enough I was comparing it to 3S in my head as I watched the video on the store. I think I'll have to grab that one for novelty value at the very least.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
How is Tales of Besteria? Haven't played one since Xillia. Can you really go wrong for £3?

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I commented on this topic yet. Nothing really to interest me in last week's sale. I'm tempted by the Castlevania Collection but I also known I probably won't play them.

Anyway, hoping for some good stuff in tomorrow's sale. I'm still waiting on Streets of Rage 4 predominantly.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Gravity Rush 1 and loved it so I got 2 only to find out that the servers were shut down and a lot of the collectables are now unobtainable through normal play. What the fuck Sony?! Charging people for the online service and then not even having the decency to keep servers up for an active generation first party title.

Anyway I see the GR community is helping eachother out by save editing to unlock the rewards, and that's genuinely awesome of them, but it still feels like a part of the game is just gone now.

So close to changing my avatar and joining the Kat avatar gang I often see lol