kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
9da1546854574ff1cf39d490993cc1cc1651090520_main.png

So, did anyone catch this lovely finale to the Eureka Hi-Evolution movie trilogy this week in US theaters? I just watched it last night. Like the the last 2 films, I still walked out with a wtf did I watch. Tho TBH this film trilogy minus the first entry, is the first somewhat decent material in a long time since the E7 TV series itself IMO. I really appreciate that they not only reimagined Eureka and Anemone, but took it a bit further and developed after the fact with this entry. I liked this rendition of Eureka, plus the little references to other movies.
like the Terminator bit
. On the downside, this is definitely a rough one animation quality wise. I'm pretty sure the pandemic played a part in it. While I didn't see the first two in theaters, I did see the home releases and they were gorgeous, and I pray they clean it up clean in the home release for EUREKA. Oh, and everything else outside of Eureka/Iris was wtf and undercooked.

And finally RIP Keiji Fujiwara. Best Holland.

Last edited:

Typhonsentra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didnt know this existed but would be unwilling to give it a go unless it gets raves recs. The previous sequel series was a huge boondoggle.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I only watched the og e7, it was great
Didn't touch all the others since I heard it went the dark story route, which was what the original director wanted or something?
Didn't all the later e7's flop?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any of Eureka 7 stuff has ever been any good except for the original series.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta applaud Bones for keep trying with Eureka properties. Gonna wait for bluray as usual.

Next up, waiting for another fuckery that is Gundam Reco G 4th and final movie releasing this year.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I truly love the original series and I really wish they just... never tried to recapture the magic because they've consistently failed.

OP
OP
kyorii

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
I truly love the original series and I really wish they just... never tried to recapture the magic because they've consistently failed.
I mean that's pretty much everyone that loved the original. Looking at reddit and the reactions there to the Hi-Evolution trilogy itself. Pretty much stamping on everyones childhood or so. But I dunno, I don't mind what Hi-Evolution did this go around. Nowhere as offensive as pocket/AO. Basically everything else after TV. Lol

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Hi Evolution 1 at Otakon and it was one of the messiest fucking things I've ever seen. Just awful.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
There are no sequels. Renton and Eureka lived happily every after with their annoying children and had ten butterfly babies that never had a sequel series made about them.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Is the music good at least? All this business doesn't leave me with great confidence.