• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still waiting for MS to just put the damn flood dlc on sale. I ain't buying it full price and I don't need the complete edition

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Time to get Splash Damage to make a Halo Tactics or get Paradox to make a grand strategy Halo game.

I'm fine with Halo Wars being shelved for now.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Halo Wars 2 was probably my most played game over the last 2 years or so. I think it was great. I do feel that the Map Selection in HW2 was far worse than HW1. While they added a ton of leaders and units to the game which was fantastic and a ton of balance updates...they needed to add more Maps. I really liked the Blitz mode, but oddly they never added any additional maps to play that mode in.

Personally, when Halo Wars 2 was announced it was one of the biggest "WOW" moments for me.....so I hope in the future they go back to it with Halo Wars 3.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Shame they can't just pump out some sort of Steam release. I mean, I *guess* I could buy the UWP version, but ehhhhhh.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I hope if Halo Wars 3 happen that they will reutilize some of the ideas of the failed pitch from 2017, especially the space battles and capital ships concepts.

HW3_concept_space_battle_top_down_1.jpg

HW3_concept_space_battle_2.jpg

HW3_concept_front-end-mockup-01.jpg

HW3_concept_front-end-mockup-04.jpg

HW3_concept_spacebattle_sketch_2.jpg

HW3_concept_front-end-mockup-06.jpg

HW3_concept_spacebattle_sketch_1.jpg

HW3_concept_front-end-mockup-07.jpg

I think the problem is a game like that looks like it require a huge budget and i'm not sure there is a big enough audience to justify that. I agree though that it looks cool.

Jan 4, 2018
Halo Wars 2 was probably my most played game over the last 2 years or so. I think it was great. I do feel that the Map Selection in HW2 was far worse than HW1. While they added a ton of leaders and units to the game which was fantastic and a ton of balance updates...they needed to add more Maps. I really liked the Blitz mode, but oddly they never added any additional maps to play that mode in.

Personally, when Halo Wars 2 was announced it was one of the biggest "WOW" moments for me.....so I hope in the future they go back to it with Halo Wars 3.

I remember that moment ! It was like 6 years since the release of the first game and I was very very pessimistic at this point about the chances for Halo Wars to return, especially at a moment when Xbox wasn't doing great and with Ensemble Studios gone forever.

Then when Bonnie Ross said there was one more thing about something "fans have long demanded we continue". Hmmmm, could it be ? And then Red Team (though I didn't recognize them at first so I wasn't sure what was about this cutscene). And then "Creative Assembly" that I knew was making the Total War games. And then the logo. Oh boy... One of my favorite "one more thing" in a conference.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they decide to revisit Wars sometime in the future. Wars 2 was one of my games of the generation.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
It's a shame, since these are exactly the more AA games that would do really well on Gamepass I would think from a cost-benefit perspective. Both Halo Wars 1/2 and Gears Tactics were both really great additions to their series that fit perfectly but it doesn't look like we will see anymore of either.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Controversial opinion: Halo Wars 2 was 343's best Halo game thus far. Solid campaign, great multiplayer, and the DLC story expansion was excellent.

It wasn't 2017's best game, but it was definitely among its most overlooked. I encourage those looking forward to Infinite to give it a try, especially since Chief is going up against the Banished there too.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I remember that moment ! It was like 6 years since the release of the first game and I was very very pessimistic at this point about the chances for Halo Wars to return, especially at a moment when Xbox wasn't doing great and with Ensemble Studios gone forever.

Then when Bonnie Ross said there was one more thing about something "fans have long demanded we continue". Hmmmm, could it be ? And then Red Team (though I didn't recognize them at first so I wasn't sure what was about this cutscene). And then "Creative Assembly" that I knew was making the Total War games. And then the logo. Oh boy... One of my favorite "one more thing" in a conference.

100%! I was watching that live and I was beside myself that it was actually happening. I never thought it would happen because as good as Halo Wars was I know it did not light the world on fire sales wise...so for me that made it more of a pipedream that it would happen.

I just think with the new CPU's in the Series X/S that they could do something really special. Make some really big maps and far more units etc. Man....If there is one game announcement that I want more than any other is Halo Wars 3 or a True sequel to Phantasy Star! :)