Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forget aim-bots and wall-hacks, cheaters have discovered new, equally unscrupulous ways to annoy legitimate competitors in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

As reported by Reddit poster MagicIsBull, with accompanying Deathcam footage as proof, PUBG cheaters now have the ability to speed-revive allies and instantly regenerate health. Ordinarily, it takes around ten seconds to revive a downed ally, and up to eight seconds to use healing items. As such, the ability to instantly do both gives cheaters a considerable advantage, and a whole new way to infuriate and exasperate rule-abiding players.

Cheating is a serious, ongoing concern for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, and developer Bluehole has repeatedly insisted that it will do everything it can to quash such behaviour.

Last week, in a Steam blog post, Bluehole revealed it had "recently discovered a new pattern of cheats in action" after performing "a thorough gameplay data review of 10 million players". As a result of that analysis, the developer managed to identify over 100,000 instances of the new pattern, and the culprits, it said, would be "permanently banned in a single wave".

More @ http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-0...everyones-fun-in-playerunknowns-battlegrounds

Is cheating really that bad in PUBG just now?

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I just don't understand how anyone can enjoy doing these kind of things?
Do people really have that much time to waste?
Is it enjoyable playing a game in this way?
I would think it would get boring pretty fast, as there are no rewards for doing such a thing, and nothing competitive.
It just doesn't compute in my brain!

Feichaw

Oct 27, 2017
Cheaters were one of the reasons I've refunded the game. There're too many of them. It's out of control.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I haven't encountered any cheaters that I'm aware of, but I'm not particularly good, either.

As long as there's so much incentive to play and play well to get cosmetic items that can be sold, I don't know what they can do about this. It sucks, but people that get banned will presumably just buy new copies to farm more currency to buy more stuff.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Damn that's terrible. I just detest cheaters in videogames. Part of me always says "why would anyone lie to themselves and cheat to win?". But the other part of me knows.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
there are fewer hackers in FPP and not TPP but yes there are still hackers, so even playing FPP won't save you.

most hackers come from China, as PU himself has said. people in the rest of the world need a pinglock/regionlock as a bandaid measure until they find a longer term solution.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there are fewer hackers in FPP and not TPP but yes there are still hackers, so even playing FPP won't save you.

most hackers come from China, as PU himself has said. people in the rest of the world need a pinglock/regionlock as a bandaid measure until they find a longer term solution.
Any explanation why that is the case?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad their "banning" a bunch of them but garbage like this has stopped me from playing games like this. I wonder if it would be as bad as it is if the loot crate stuff was removed ....

Oct 28, 2017
Then it's XIM4 players having a clear competitive advantage over everyone stuck with a controller... Better yet, it's undetectable.

PC online gaming in a nutshell. I know console online gaming has cheaters as well, but it's nowhere as bad as PC.

I've been playing PC games for nearly twenty years now and I've encountered like 10-20 hackers ever across thousands of hours of Quake/Counter Strike/Battlefield/ARMA/Rainbow Six play? This issue is really overstated online. Maybe it's just a PUBG problem but that would mean it's an anti-cheat/community problem more than anything.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I would think it would get boring pretty fast, as there are no rewards for doing such a thing, and nothing competitive.

I believe there are some interviews with cheaters floating around. I remember hearing one referenced, where one cheater who wastes like 100 bucks a month on cheating software or something, explained his position in incredibly simple terms.
"I ONLY have fun when I win. So I pay money to make sure I win all the time". It's as simple as that.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
The way Bluehole has setup loot boxes and the steam marketplace encourages this behavior. When the rarest items can go for hundreds of dollars it's no surprise that people will give themselves any advantage to have more chances to get loot boxes.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
PUBG desperately needs local Australian servers with ping limits because goddamn are they infested with hackers from Ocean regions (namely China). I hate blaming hackers for a loss, but when it happens it's so blatant. Tracking through walls and terrain, unrealistic accuracy over absurd distance, and super speed. Come on.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Any explanation why that is the case?

explanation of what, why the majority of hackers come from china, or why i think there should be a regionlock or pinglock

PUBG desperately needs local Australian servers with ping limits because goddamn are they infested with hackers from Ocean regions (namely China). I hate blaming hackers for a loss, but when it happens it's so blatant. Tracking through walls and terrain, unrealistic accuracy over absurd distance, and super speed. Come on.

yea i heard it's particularly bad in OC. feelsbadman

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Is the ship sinking?

The game has basically turned into a Chinese game as well, with almost half of the population coming from the country.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
They could probably fix a lot of this if they cut out the loot boxes, or stop items from being sold on the market place...

Oct 25, 2017
Then it's XIM4 players having a clear competitive advantage over everyone stuck with a controller... Better yet, it's undetectable.
Actual numbers for XIM 4 are really small, and using it on Xbox wouldn't help since you're dealing with about 150ms of lag per input anyway. We're looking at like a few hundred people at best who are running around with the benefit of it in one of the worst playing titles.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...does part of that auto-aim 'snapping' involve leaning? I noticed the last play in the gillie suit involved that.

Or is there another reason people lean right out in the open to shoot at people? I mean, your profile is altered a bit, but is it that noticeable in a firefight?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably like 1% or less of players. The problem is, that even 1% is egregiously high as then it means on average one player in every game is cheating. Which means if you're a top 10 most game player, you're almost certain to run into them in most games. And you start doubting every close encounter.

slobster

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I quit playing a while ago. It was fun before it got huge, but now everyone wants to cheat because there is big money if you get a rare item. The selling of items on steam pretty much ruined the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
Give an Early Access game that barely went 1.0 in mid-December just to be eligible for GOTY, brehs!

I made the verbal commitment just to buy this game as a sort of lost bet, but every time I turn around, there's a new rumor of cheating. All the recent reviews are negative on Steam. Why would I purchase that?

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Aw man this is one of many reasons why im trying to like Fortnite so much. This game is an absolute shitshow right now. One lobby you get aimbot assholes then the next lobby will be full of people sniping you with a red dot across the mountains without any recoil whatsoever.

Then when the community asks for a region lock, one dev guy will literally says we're all being racist fucks. As if China isn't one of the most PUBG hacker infested country right now.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
What a dumpster fire. A very profitable one too. I wonder how much of their sales are to users repurchasing the game after being banned.

I was pretty close to reinstalling this trash again. Nope. Never again.

Samsquanchewans

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
PC online gaming in a nutshell. I know console online gaming has cheaters as well, but it's nowhere as bad as PC.
this is my take on it aswell, COD WW2 at the moment is super infested with hackers, maybe not as bad as PUBG but they are there. Basically every PC game in the market that has something to do with winning, people just cant take losses so they have to hack. It's fucking bullshit.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way a single company can shutdown cheating attempts from many hackers from China. They will be outnumbered no matter how hard they try.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've been playing PC games for nearly twenty years now and I've encountered like 10-20 hackers ever across thousands of hours of Quake/Counter Strike/Battlefield/ARMA/Rainbow Six play? This issue is really overstated online. Maybe it's just a PUBG problem but that would mean it's an anti-cheat/community problem more than anything.
Meanwhile I played about 20 odd matches in DOA 5 LR on pc and ran in at least 5 "hackers".

They usually also have names that make it pretty clear they aren't playing legit.

And then every fg ever has lag switchers and other "fun" stuff, no matter the platform.

Plus I've encountered so many cheaters on PS3 (I have literally thousands of hours in some games) that made a couple of games basically unplayable so I'm having a really hard time to believe it would be any different on pc where it's supposedly even easier (although the process may be similar)

Yeah, no. As above, in my experience cheating is a platform independent issue.

Samsquanchewans

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Serious question.

Why doesn't blue hole region lock China away from the rest of the world?

https://steamed.kotaku.com/99-percent-of-battlegrounds-cheats-are-from-china-play-1821513424

"99 Percent of Battlegrounds Cheats Are From China, PlayerUnknown Says"

"I don't think that's a good idea at all," he said. "Yes, the majority of cheats come out of China, but that doesn't mean all Chinese players are cheaters. This idea that just because you've got a few bad eggs, you've gotta ban a whole country is a bit reactive." - BRENDAN GREEN, PLAYERUNKNOWN.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've put over 300 hours into the game and at this point cheating is absolutely out of control, odds are you have at least one hacker in every game. What makes it worse is you may no run into them until the end, so you've just wasted 30+ minutes, whereas in say CoD you notice them instantly and can just back out.

Samsquanchewans

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
I've put over 300 hours into the game and at this point cheating is absolutely out of control, odds are you have at least one hacker in every game. What makes it worse is you may no run into them until the end, so you've just wasted 30+ minutes, whereas in say CoD you notice them instantly and can just back out.

Same, at other moments, I wouldn't give a shit if it was like 1-2 hackers per day. But I've gotten to the point where literally every match, whether it'd be EU/NA/AS/SEA/OC servers. There would literally be atleast a speed hacker or an aimbot. Its super bad lately.