• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Eurogamer said:
Last week, Blizzard set tongues wagging with an apparent tease for a Diablo game on Nintendo Switch. The image - of a Diablo night light being repeatedly switched on and off - felt fairly deliberate.

But then, after hours of fan excitement, an official response emerged from within Blizzard apparently designed to dampen down the flames: "As of now, we do not have any current plans to announce Diablo for Switch," a spokesperson told us.

So, what's going on? Well, while Blizzard makes its mind up, Eurogamer sources have told us that yes - the project is very much in production. And as you might expect, the game will be a port of Diablo 3.

Eurogamer said:
In its earlier statement, pouring cold water on the rumours, Blizzard described the Twitter post as simply "a fun engagement piece". Eurogamer sources with knowledge of the project told me they were surprised to see it, as the game's announcement remains several months off.

Source

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great fit for the Switch. Not too demanding on the hardware (I assume it will be 30fps) and a great pick up and play game. Let's hope they have text size options though :P

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been going around for quite a while now, so this isn't too surprising.
Will gladly grab it again.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have it on ps4 but never played it enough. Will definitely pick it on switch , it would be perfect portable.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
The game should run fine on Switch since Diablo 3 came out on PS3 and 360. I have the game for the Xbox One but I would definitely get the Switch version for portability.

Oct 27, 2017
D3 on a handheld will be cool for sure, but I'm not sure it will be worth paying 60 dollars again, which I'm sure it will cost.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
So for the next Direct...

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
South Park Stick of Truth + Fractored But Whole
Diablo 3

Actually, the article says the Switch version won't be announced for another few months, E3 announcement?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tease was obvious enough lol.

It was hilarious how some people here thought a Switch port was reading too much into it. I mean, why would Blizzard post that.

LaserBits

Jan 27, 2018
Great news. Bring an WOW modified version along with the nintendo online release please . Thank you!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this is a great Switch game.

How were the controls in previous console versions?
Played it on XBO and PC and thought the console controls were pretty intuitive.

Will probably be tempted to triple dip on this, god damnit!

Also props to Eurogamer for always having the legit sourcing on these scoops.

Oct 27, 2017
The wording of their response always felt like they didn't deny it, but rather they couldn't say right now. I never got around to picking this up on PS4 so I might get this on Switch instead.

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
Pity it was not last year as i am all fatigued of D3, but great for those fresh to it and will fit on well on Switch with being not too demanding graphics wise and idea for portable fun.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Really great stuff.

You know what would be amazing, if 4players-coop on 1 handheld/docked Switch is implemented to play all together on the go, then you can all go back home, pick up the save and continue via internet.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Several months? Guess this might be a part of Nintendos E3 then? Anyway, i had the itch to replay the game with the Necromancer, if a Switch version includes the class, i'll get this, if not it's PC.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Game is good on PS4 using a controller and it has local coop so I'd suspect something similar for the Switch.
Question is if it will keep 1080p60 docked / 720p60 undocked though.

I'm satisfied with my PS4 copy, however it will be nice for everyone with only a Switch out there :)

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
It's only six years old, why not? Good news for Switch owners, though. It's going to be a lot of fun especially in portable mode. Should be quite smooth too, because it's not a demanding game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Game is good on PS4 using a controller and it has local coop so I'd suspect something similar for the Switch.
Question is if it will keep 1080p60 docked / 720p60 undocked though.

I'm satisfied with my PS4 copy, however it will be nice for everyone with only a Switch out there :)

The game needed a patch to reach 1080p / 60 FPS on Xbox One so I bet more for 900p or lower graphic settings.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
If I say right now '' There's going to be a World of Final Fantasy port for Switch '' based on nothing that doesn't make me an insider

Having a lucky guess of an old game being ported to Switch is not entirely a leak or insider content. Marcus has knowingly spread fake leaks and rumors with no source and claiming as his own.

I disagree, specifiying an old game like Diablo 3 is more than a lucky guess. If it does turn out to be true, credit where credit due. AFAIK, the Neoseeker article is where this rumour originated and that was only two weeks ago

I think that this is more of Vern being even more redeemed than anything. Even if he is in retirement.

I know he's hinted at stuff but I wasn't aware that he has talked about Diablo 3 specifically. Then again, I remember some hint about "Blizzard" being dropped on GAF before one of the directs, I don't think that was Vern though.