Australia: SBS/SBS On Demand

Final Entries
GF%20Running%20Order%202024.jpg

Livestream

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGRHJ-J9G4

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I never understood why they even accept countries outside of europe, but accepting Israel and saying they will ban Palestinian flags was super weird, considering how common is people waving flags in the audience

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Ridiculous there hasn't been a official statement about Joost. I hope they just cancel this shit show.

OP
OP
Wrexis

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I never understood why they even accept countries outside of europe, but accepting Israel and saying they will ban Palestinian flags was super weird, considering how common is people waving flags in the audience

It does seem to be kicking off this year. Lots of drama today during rehearsals apparently.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
People waving Palestinian flag among the Eurovision audience has been a thing in Eurovision for years now. Especially ever since Israel's tarted participating, but now it's not ok? Lol

Cause it's got nothing to do with region but rather the countries that are members of European Broadcasting Union, and they are the ones who organise this event.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Would be nice if the situation regarding Joost Klein gets clarified already
It's always fun when people say they want to keep politics out of Eurovision, while Israel's participation has always been for nothing but political reasons.

elseanio

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
CROWN THE WITCH!

Ready for this - kinda enjoy that I've seen all acts and can just have fun with the final tomorrow.

Also can't believe it's been 1 year since my city hosted. Makes me wanna go to more in person.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Because technically the public broadcasters are invited, EBU has many members outside of geographical Europe. The artists represent the broadcaster.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
mind blown

Brazil is an associate member of this, that means we can one day have a brazilian act there ?
They have been making moves to make eurovision more international in the past couple of years so i wouldn't be surprised if we'll get more international acts in the future.

OrangeKnight

May 8, 2023
Joost Klein is not allowed to perform in tonights Jury show. So even if he is allowed to perform tomorrow (which I sincerely doubt) his changes are like zero %

BahamutPT

Oct 28, 2017

Joost Klein will not perform during tonight's Jury Rehearsal

EBU has released the following:

The investigation into the incident with the Dutch artist in this year's Eurovision Song Contest is still ongoing. Discussions are also taking place between the EBU and AVROTROS, the Dutch participating broadcaster.

While the investigation continues the EBU has decided that Joost Klein will not perform during Dress Rehearsal 2 of the competition which is voted on by juries in the 37 participating countries.

His performance from Semi Final 2 will be used instead.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
This year is a trainwreck. The EBU should be ashamed at the farce they've allowed it to devolve into, especially with how musically stellar it is across the board.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Can someone explain Joost Klein situation...

Why is not performing the rehearsal big

What does it have to do with Israel (given the general controversy over them and world events)

I've not even heard the song.... So just a bit confused and completely out of the loop..

Xando

Oct 28, 2017

What does it have to do with Israel (given the general controversy over them and world events)

I've not even heard the song.... So just a bit confused and completely out of the loop..
Allegedly he punched someone who insulted his family according to eurovision twitter

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv

It has nothing to do with Israel.

Anyway rooting for Croatia this year, their song goes so hard.

OrangeKnight

May 8, 2023

It is confusing because there has been zero confirmation yet.

The only thing we actually know is that the EBU is investigating an incident that occured with Joost. While this investigation is going on, Joost is not allowed to rehearse or perform.

There are a lot of rumors that it involves a physcial altercation between him and possibly a member of the production.

That is has to do anything with Israel seems to be pure speculation so far.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Allegedly he punched someone who insulted his family according to eurovision twitter
His parents died when he was really young. Some journalists in the Netherlands have been saying Joost was using the dead of his parents to gain sympathy votes.

If someone was insulting his parents like that yesterday I can understand his frustration. Even though violence isn't the way.

I just can't see Joost as someone who would ever hit someone. He's not the type for something like that

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Just to be clear the link between Joost incident and Israel was really based upon how it's presented by a BBC article (note it's been heavily changed since I read it that's suggested serious bad blood between Israel and him in a press conference and then he's been unable to rehearse cos of an 'incident'

www.bbc.co.uk

Eurovision: Confusion over fate of Dutch star Joost Klein

The EBU says it is investigating an "incident" involving Joost Klein, who is temporarily suspended.

So yeah I should have known better really to believe the article stirring the controversy that already exists

Oct 27, 2017
Just to be clear the link between Joost incident and Israel was really based upon how it's presented by a BBC article (note it's been heavily changed since I read it that's suggested serious bad blood between Israel and him in a press conference and then he's been unable to rehearse cos of an 'incident'

www.bbc.co.uk

Eurovision: Confusion over fate of Dutch star Joost Klein

The EBU says it is investigating an "incident" involving Joost Klein, who is temporarily suspended.

So yeah I should have known better really to believe the article stirring the controversy that already exists
There is also footage of an Israeli journalist confronting his band members about not performing. That's about it.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Last edited:

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Here for no politics at Eurovision.

Hey how many points do we think Cyprus is going to give Greece?

Oct 29, 2017
If there's no politics this year does this mean the UK can get a lot of points without tricking everyone by making them think we're the Swedish entry?

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands and Israel are performing back to back? We're going to get the Eurovision version of CM Punk at All In.

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
If the Netherlands are disqualified, other countries should refuse to perform in solidarity.

philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
The annoying thing to me is that we don't know exactly what they're investigating. And why it is taking so long. I mean seriously. I don't understand why it has to take so long to investigate something and come to a conclusion.

So far the only thing we're hearing is rumours/speculations.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
If the Netherlands are disqualified, other countries should refuse to perform in solidarity.
To be fair, as a Dutch person, who can't imagine Joost to ever physically harm someone, we don't know what happened yet. Was there a (rightful) reason why he hurt (punched? pushed?) someone? Did the stress and tension of the event get to his head and he flipped at a tiny remark? Was there any remark at all?

It taking this long and the Israel connection seemingly non existant, I'm afraid he really did something he shouldn't have. There's even rumors about two incidents?

Sometimes people can be different under a ton of stress or in general when the camera is off. I didn't expect him to be like that, but we'll see.