Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
New news, new thread.

The original accusation was published a day ago by the Law and Crime blog, and quickly re-reported by various other outlets (Fox, Daily Wire, The Blaze, Inquisitr, Washington Examiner). Today, ABC News reporter Sasha Pezenik posted a lengthy Twitter thread about the incident, confirming that Biden was not at the event in question because he was at home recovering from sinus surgery.

The Twitter thread was poorly formatted (she started off with a repeat of the accusation and completely buried the lede) and she ended up deleting the thread in an attempt to make it clear. I would expect an ABC story on this by tomorrow, if someone else doesn't run it first.

Since the tweets were mentioned in the original thread (and have already been brought up in discussion in other Biden threads) I collected them from Google's cache so they could all be read in context.

Sasha Pezenik ABC News said:
As fmr VP Biden faces fire for Ms. Reade's sexual assault allegations, a new accuser comes forward saying Biden verbally sexual harassed her in 2008 at the Delaware Gridiron dinner.

The niece of Christine O'Donnell says at 14, Biden complimented her breasts at a meet n' greet..

... And, O'Donnell says, how uncomfortable it made her niece at the time. "I was right there when he said it," O'Donnell says. "He asked her how old she was. She said "14 sir" He said she was very well endowed for a 14 yr old. I could not believe it. It got really uncomfortable."

Chirps from the archives cast new q's on whether Biden may have been somewhere else entirely... at home recovering from a sinus surgery.

Contemporaneous local news reporting shows Biden may have been out of commish for the "remainder of the week," according to his then-spox.

And #first to @ABC we asked the campaign to ante up then-Sen. Biden's schedule for that day. It shows "regrets in Delaware - 6p 17th annual First State Gridiron Dinner & show, cocktails on the riverfront, black tie - John to attend." aka -- an aide there, in Biden's stead.

And, then-V.P. of the First State Gridiron Dinner wrote a letter today provided by the campaign, "to whom it may concern" saying, "After reviewing my files of the dinner which included attendees and the show itself, I can conclusively say, Senator Biden was not at the dinner."

Then-Gridiron V.P J. Brian Murphy saying, "The annual dinner is attended annually by 300 to 400 elected officials & prominent Delawareans. The year 2008 is particularly noteworthy because it is the only year where the Senator agreed to appear in a video..."

"... which was a spoof of Meet the Press. It was taped earlier that week. It was our hope the Senator would attend the dinner to see the video, but he sent regrets..."

"... Had he been there, myself as well as others would have known and in fact, I would have acknowledged him from the stage. Senator Biden was not at the Gridiron Dinner in May of 2008."

O'Donnell says her niece has "no agenda" in her claims, and "even though she and her niece are on opposite sides of the politial spectrum, she knows I support her for coming out... if the MeToo movement's support for women stops at party lines, then it is no movement at all."

biden200801jtjzk.png

biden200802nqjq3.png

biden200803rak1q.png

Source:
webcache.googleusercontent.com

Sasha Pezenik on Twitter

“As fmr VP Biden faces fire for Ms. Reade's sexual assault allegations, a new accuser comes forward saying Biden verbally sexual harassed her in 2008 at the Delaware Gridiron dinner. The niece of Christine O'Donnell says at 14, Biden complimented her breasts at a meet n' greet..”

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Guaranteed that the right wing scum outlets won't print a retraction, nor air one publicly.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen so many people posting the original story on Facebook who probably won't see this

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Unfornatelty too late, it's apparently being spread over twitter and facebook already. The debunking will be more obscure.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't journalists investigate these claims first before making it seem as they already have by spreading the information ?

Especially in an event that probably has pictures or video, even other people that would remember.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wow. I'm spreading the truth as much as possible.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thank god. The damage has been done though.

He is not a great dude, but the idea of him actually being a pedophile seemed egregious in the extreme.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't journalists investigate these claims first before making it seem as they already have by spreading the information ?
People really need to learn just because something is on the internet does not make it true and just run with it. It should have been properly vetted before it ever hit any news site. But its not surprising the Sites running to break the story leans a very specific way and has a bone to pick

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Especially in an event that probably has pictures or video, even other people that would remember.

And miss out on clicks? Everyone is tripping over themselves on whats the best way to cut their nose to spite their face. Ignore feature getting more work since Star Wars.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Yes, it's in the code of ethics, one of the four founding principles for ethical journalism:

1. Seek truth and report it: Ethical Journalism should be accurate and fair. Ethical journalists should be honest and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
GOP is winning the information wars.

Honestly at this point, I'm gonna give Biden the benefit of the doubt.

Fuck the GOP and all their lies.

SimonChris

Oct 27, 2017
The tweets supposedly debunking this claim have all been deleted...

Could someone please post a link to an actual source? I can't find anything on google.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably gonna see a lot of this for the next few weeks. Never underestimate the Republican machine's ability to twist a situation to their advantage.

Also it's horribly distracting to both Biden and Reade

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably gonna see a lot of this for the next few weeks. Never underestimate the Republican machine's ability to twist a situation to their advantage.
They turned emails from Hilary into literally making her look a witch to people that thought she had some "evil things locked on her computer."

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tweets supposedly debunking this claim has all been deleted...
Indeed. Proper Journalists lit her ass on fire for running the accusations then finally getting to the whole point that Biden wasn't even there. They asked her to rewrite it so it gets the facts across. Instead she just deleted it all

What a goddamn shit show. This hurts all victims.
Yup stuff like this just makes it that much harder.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's in the code of ethics, one of the four founding principles for ethical journalism:

1. Seek truth and report it: Ethical Journalism should be accurate and fair. Ethical journalists should be honest and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.
I think people just want to be the first that break news, like that lady that reported on this, I guess she deleted the tweets but still hasn't commented on the corrections to the story or anything, it's like it didn't happen

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a shit show.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The tweets supposedly debunking this claim have all been deleted...

Could someone please post a link to an actual source? I can't find anything on google.

She's most likely repurposing it to a new tweet or story because as the OP points out she framed it in a long thread where the proof was at the end but not mentioned at the start of the thread.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the original tweets? They've been deleted?

I hope these allegations turn out to be false. At the same time, Joe Biden is a very public sex pest with women and young girls, with multiple credible allegations against him, so it was easy to get this to gain traction. How many more stories, fictional or credible, will we see before election day?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

Some folks have an agenda to spread that takes precedence over validation of facts and circumstances.

There are folks that want to make any accusation towards Biden sound like manufactured bunk so they'll plant some obvious false flags.

There are others that want people to simply have their view of Biden as a creepy sexual predator validated so they'll spread the initial story knowing that it will spread and that's all people will remember once the truth comes out (see "the Hillary Clinton is dishonest" campaign from 2016).

Both stances are awful but both will resonate in this age of social media permutation superseding everything else and ALL are designed to give Donald Trump's presidency yet another escape path this November.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus christ, the same website and the same writer is also responsible for the story in this thread which was another smear job. How is this website taken seriously? Mods, can you please add it to the ban list so we don't have do this twice a day every day?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, if this is true, does that then mean the US Presidential race is back down to only one candidate having pedophiliac tendencies?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some folks have an agenda to spread that takes precedence over validation of facts and circumstances.

There are folks that want to make any accusation towards Biden sound like manufactured bunk so they'll plant some obvious false flags.

There are others that want people to simply have their view of Biden as a creepy sexual predator validated so they'll spread the initial story knowing that it will spread and that's all people will remember once the truth comes out (see "the Hillary Clinton is dishonest" campaign from 2016).

Both stances are awful but both will resonate in this age of social media permutation superseding everything else and ALL are designed to give Donald Trump's presidency yet another escape path this November.
That lady worked for ABC news, you would think that they would have at least tried,

I really want to see people question them on why they did this, from the journalist not doing her job to the people bringing the claim, like why ?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It was blatantly obvious that the source was questionable but people jumped all over it as if it were fact.

We need to be better than that. Breathe. Wait for additional sources.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people so self obsessed that everything has to be stated through fucking tweets?

Reporting on something? Just write a fucking news report about it.