Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'm convinced that The Guest is only good because of Dan Stevens based on everything else Wingard has done

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love Event Horizon so I will be up for this!

Film legit scared me when I first watched it, so much so I made my mum come upstairs with me when I got ready for bed after watching it lol

May 24, 2019
I fucking hated Blare Witch, but I don't think I've given up on Wingard. I'd love to see him do something good again.

Most of the young nu-horror guys like him, Ty West and the It Follows guy have been disappointments. Good on Ari Aster and the The Witch guy (I'm being lazy here and not looking anything up) for staying steady.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, so I'm at work and busy, but am interested, so I watched the embeded trailer, thinking it was a trailer for the new show. I was like "....this is just scenes from the movie...".. lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. While Death Note was a stinker You're Next and The Guest are fantastic.

I didn't even mind Blair Witch. Either way gimme some sweet space horror.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Blair Witch was a complete piece of shit, so I've lost faith in this guy.

Last edited:

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I hope they are self-aware enough to not do anything that would separate this from WH40K. I know they aren't really connected, but I love the idea of this being a story about humanity's first encounter with the Warp. The show creators will hopefully recognize this and go with the flow without actually turning the story into official WH40K. The people who made the movie are well aware of this, so I assume the show creators will be too. Whether or not they do anything about it though...

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Love the movie, do not like the director. He's made a couple interesting movies, but he doesn't know how to tell compelling stories, his thematic exploration is all over the place, his characters are dull, and his movie structures are also messy. So I have low expectations of this, but then again it's s TV series not movie, so he'll have a writer's room to make sense of his mess.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Event Horizon is like a top 5 guilty pleasure movie for me. It's cheesy and trope-ridden in places but also an absolutely rock-solid, atmospheric sci-fi horror movie.

Also, obligatory:

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Cooper needs to make a return.
tenor.gif

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
the 'spaceship travels through portal to hell' concept is such a strong one that i've never seen executed well.

...but im always willing to watch an attempt.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Fingers crossed it's good but it could easily turn out like Nightflyers or Another Life.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I like the original movie enough, its cheesy as hell but it's fairly entertaining and has some great performances.

As far as Wingard goes, I loved The Guest and You're Next, Blair Witch was pretty meh and I haven't seen Death Note. His segments in V/H/S are also pretty great. I still have faith in the guy and I'm optimistic about this.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Let's go! Literally nothing to lose here.

Go look up the full scene of the video tape the movie just shows snippets of, there's some crazy stuff there.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I loved the premise of the original movie but the execution wasn't there in many respects. Script was shite. Anyway I'll check this out.

OP
OP
SweetVermouth

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I love that movie, too, but lol there's no way a 2 hour and 30 minute cut of it was going to be anything but a disaster.
Paul Anderson himself has said that the 2 hour 30 cut was too long. Then after that they did the cut that was released but he felt it was too short and in his opinion a runtime just above 2 hours would have been perfect. I wasn't saying that the 2 hour 30 was the best version anyway, I just wanted to note there is this much material to make a better version out of the movie that was ultimately released.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
This whole show is gonna be a lead up to them discovering Gellar Fields and instituting them on all "Folding" tech ships.
Also DAEMONS!!!

I fuckin love this movie and would be like.... real real happy with seeing the "inside" of that chaos dimension. Lets gooooooo

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hell yes, just the other day I was thinking I wanted more movies like Event Horizon. A series might be even better.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a tv adaptation of a film made by Paul WS Anderson and people want to pinch their nose over Wingard. We'll see how it shakes out.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lost a bit of my Wingard love after Death Note so hopefully this won't be utter trash and he can play around in his own realm of straight up horror.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the love for this movie. There's an interesting premise and some good actors but otherwise it's horribly executed.

Maybe this Wingard can do something better but I'm not really holding my breath.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
So is this going to be a mockumentary in the style of Spinal Tap, but about crew life on the Event Horizon?

"Sunday morning. Dr. Weir refuses to wear eye patches and at least cover up his eye sockets. So I have *that* to look forward to at breakfast. Will try not to make eye contact with him. Heh. Someone needs to clean up the cabin room after last nights demon rape party. It'll probably have to be me. Just six more months until my first deployment is over. I don't think i'll re-enlist."

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AWESOME! I love Event Horizon. One of my favourite SciFi horror movies. Inspiration for Dead Space.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
God damn was this a rollercoaster of emotions. From immediately sold and ecstatically happy 4 words in, to immediately sad 4 words later with the Wingard mention, to "fuck this I'm out" territory by the end of "Amazon Prime exclusive"

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
The Guest and You're Next are amazing, and guess what folks, I unironically love Death Note and am willing to defend my stance.

It's also amazing how quickly y'all give up on directors. Would you be saying fuck Spielberg after 1941? Or fuck John Huston after Beat the Devil? It's like nobody here has any sense of historic perspecti... oh wait