BaShaBeSho

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
PS: First post + English is my second language

Mid May 2016
at home trying to contact "Nintendo Help Center" cause i want to restore my digital purchases from my lost 3DS to a new one.

an awesome lady was talking to me, asking all type of questions to make sure i'm the real owner of the account.
after finishing from all that she said that the process will take some time and she start asking me random Nintendo related questions to me after she knew i live in the middle-east. Questions like "how is the Nintendo scene there?", "anything you want Nintendo to do there?".

i was very happy answering all the questions she's asking me, but then the last question was "what do you think of what you will see in this year's E3 (2016)?", i said "Just for Zelda! not very bad, but also not awesome cause you guys don't want to show any news about the NX. i want to know more" and she replied casually "it's OK, you will know everything in October" (FYI no one knew when we will get more info about the switch at that time)
me:
tenor.gif

and she said "yeah just wait to October and you will know everything from the internet through social media and YouTube, aaaaaaand your new 3DS is ready with your old account. need anything else?"

i wished i asked her other things but from the shock i didn't ask anything else and just said "thank you".

was very happy about this info i even talked about it in my podcast (Arabic) and can provide you guys with the link for it if you want more prove.

So ERAs, ever been lucky for getting info no one know about? share you stories if you can/want

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really lucky to have a ton of friends in the industry who are willing to talk to me about stuff, but I reward that kindness by keeping my lips closed.

Ketchup

Nov 5, 2017
Yep, having worked in the industry there's many stories I could tell either from first hand or second hand experience. Some would even explain why certain things or games will never happen but ndas stop me from telling those stories sadly.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I knew about certain amiibo way ahead of time. Also, I knew that there was a Metroid amiibo planned by datamining Federation Force.

Did you know that Nintendo have data for Mario Kart series amiibo?

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I have been and am working with several people who work or have worked at Guerrilla Games. So I did have some 'insider info' on Horizon way before it was announced and also heard about what content was cut from that game (it's kind of huge) and a little bit about their next project. It's not worth it to me spill any of those details to the public since it can do more harm than good and it's not that much or that interesting anyway.

It's just interesting to hear about the gaming industry first hand.

OP
OP
BaShaBeSho

BaShaBeSho

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
I'm really lucky to have a ton of friends in the industry who are willing to talk to me about stuff, but I reward that kindness by keeping my lips closed.
Yep, having worked in the industry there's many stories I could tell either from first hand or second hand experience. Some would even explain why certain things or games will never happen but ndas stop me from telling those stories sadly.
Yes but if I told you I'd have to kill you.

please tell me if i did the wrong thing or it's OK of telling this type of stories
i hope it wont make any type of problems for anyone, didn't thought about that before posting it
just thought it will be cool talking about it here and read others

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I knew about Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for a few months before the official announcement. It was painful seeing it go from something everyone wanted before announcement to something people wished never happened post release.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides my experience in gaming press, I had some very specific prior knowledge by knowing some people unrealted to my work in the industry. For one I knew of the Legacy of Kain game they were making some years ago, long before anyone ever mentioned it publicly, too bad it got cancelled after all. I was also deep enough in some communities to be able to directly speak to some developers who'd share some cool insights from time to time.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
please tell me if i did the wrong thing or it's OK of telling this type of stories
i hope it wont make any type of problems for anyone, didn't thought about that before posting it
just thought it will be cool talking about it here and read others
Haha no I'm only joking. I'm sure there is actually a lot of information that certain people know but can't really speak about because of NDA's. I think it's an interesting topic within gaming and outside.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely.

The only things I say are semi-open industry secrets though, so it can't be traced back to me.

The funny thing is most people on here (and the old forum) don't even notice when I drop little tidbits.

0MAR10

Oct 27, 2017
Louisiana
I know about Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Bandai Namco. Specifically by Bandai Namco Malaysia. I think it's a new studio , not sure . There was a lot said to me (in person ). Something about the acronym BNSS. The studio is still looking for lead artists and animators.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
I know of some minor stuff sometimes due to work or friends who work at game companies, but I ain't tellin'. (Usually nothing too mindblowing anyway lol)

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know about Metroid Prime 4 being developed by Bandai Namco. Specifically by Bandai Namco Malaysia. I think it's a new studio , not sure . There was a lot said to me (in person ). Something about the acronym BNSS. The studio is still looking for lead artists and animators.
RIP......
InsecureWeeGrasshopper-small.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I've been given minor insider info about some Western localizations which either aren't happening or are likely to, though all that's probably filtered by the person who DMed me twice about what they've learned from their source. Other than that, I guess I know more about old Japanese PC games than nearly every user here, but that's old news.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cover image and title for Mario + Rabbids. Then like 2-3 days after it got leaked to the world. Legit the worst kept secret in the world as multiple people had the image.

If true this seems like a big drop.

Last edited:

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Speaking of Middle East, Nintendo really needs to up their support here, can't even enter the Eshop or play online with my country selected.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MvCI release date and some of its unannounced base game characters at the time. Guy who told me about it also said that Scarlet Johansson is going to be in Death Stranding.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
How much NDA's are really enforced?. I mean, sometimes I know some things about Mercury Steam via friends of friends that work there. I don't babble about this stuff just in case, but I wonder if it would be possible to track a leak back to the source if I were to discuss things anonymously on the Internet, specially things known by a lot of people on the studio, not top secret info that might be only known by a handful of people on top.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I have a friend who works as a dev and he told me several months ahead of time that No Man's Sky was 100% lacking in features and going to piss people off.

Milk Lizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TOBYHANNA, Pa
When Lionhead were still a thing, I was running a fan site for The Movies with a guy, as well as being a very active member in their forum. Quite a few devs used us as someone to vent to, for big and small things, so we did end up knowing a lot that was not publicly known. The biggest was probably when Lionhead had to downsize quite heavily, with 1/3 of their devs being fired. I broke that on our site before it was made public, and that sure was quite a mess.

But we also got to know other things, such as the whole project natal/milo thing, way before it was announced (and under a different name) and so on.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I stumbled upon Humble Bundle's account system a couple of months before it was made public.
M6K9b7B.png

4eyH2DE.png

2M36QAV.png

I also archived a bunch of images from unreleased Steam Game groups back when that was a thing. (Link, in case you forgot that story.) There's not much particularly special there nowadays. Aside from some art for Patrice Désilets infamously cancelled "1666"
Kmibk6q.jpg

and multiple screenshots for an unreleased game known as "Infested Complex".
xxfVt9K.jpg

kGnW3Ip.jpg

pSQ5xjL.jpg

6bEFiLb.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I wish NDAs weren't a thing otherwise I'd be willing to say more regarding DQ X - I still don't know why really the test was done other than Square possibly seeing info regarding connections and latency if they were to do some translated version.

I really shouldn't be talking about this though even in this much detail. I know people are still bummed it's not a thing though.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew some rubbish secrets for a british starfox clone on the playstation because I knew the designer. Idiotic "fly to your certain death and actually its a secret" secrets.

The Giant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much NDA's are really enforced?. I mean, sometimes I know some things about Mercury Steam via friends of friends that work there. I don't babble about this stuff just in case, but I wonder if it would be possible to track a leak back to the source if I were to discuss things anonymously on the Internet, specially things known by a lot of people on the studio, not top secret info that might be only known by a handful of people on top.

Have you heard if Mercury Steam will continue working with NIntendo?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
How far along are Mercury Steam on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Have you heard if Mercury Steam will continue working with NIntendo?

How far along are Mercury Steam on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3?

Sorry, I know nothing about Mercury Steam future releases on Switch. I know they have had a Switch dev kit for a long time (before Switch release), so I guess it's likely they will release something at some point in the future, but that's just pure speculation. I knew before release about Samus Returns and I knew it was going to be a 3DS release, other than that I only know they are working on their own game (Raiders of the broken planet) but that's public knowledge.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know a load of stuff about a few early versions of Resident Evil games that isn't public knowledge.

Dragondorf

Oct 30, 2017
On our school trip from Belgium to San Francisco, we paid a visit to EA (which I actually dislike now).
We all needed to sign an NDA and were the first ones who got the reveal of Dead Space, trailer inclusive.

I remember it was a very special feeling being the first one :-).

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I know someone who visited Blizzard and saw Overwatch before it was announced. He said nothing about it other than it looked like the Incredibles. This was before that Kotaku article came out regarding Project Titan and how it resembled the Incredibles.

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking on this, didn't everyone who was playing outside Japan take part in this test for a short time when the IP block was (briefly) lifted for no reason a few years back?
If the IP block was lifted for a period of a few days, sometime in 2015 - it's likely that was during the period when I did testing of the game since multiple people from different parts of the world didn't need VPNs or anything. In some of the information I found their seemed to be genuine confusion from Japanese players during this testing due to griefing and considering how tiny the pool was it would make a lot of sense that a bunch of other players suddenly logged in for a few days.