• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
You're AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me apAHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It's not awful but he has too much baggage (his accent, his appearance are too 'unique' and audiences would never believe it) to really bring anything to the role.

Eh, I kind of respect the fact he's still going for it to be honest in the face of overwhelming odds.

Still, he might nab a bad guy role in one of the Extreme Universe films Netflix is supposedly making. That seems about right.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You're tearing me apart, Harley!"

...yeah, no thanks. I like he's getting some attention now but I really don't think he would work as the Joker.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure a good director could get a very unique performance out of him. Would help if the role is written to cater to his abilities. It'd be memorable no matter what.

Won't happen of course.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If he's the Joker, the bigger and more important question is who is going to be the Batman to even that all out?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Have Tommy play the role as seriously as he can, slow down his dialogue in post and he would literally be the most unhinged and terrifying Joker yet.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Of course his acting is shit (it's Tommy) but he can pull off creepy and disturbing quite well (it's Tommy).

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate that this guy gets so much attention and love for putting out such a garbage film. Have I ever wondered what he would be like as The Joker? No, no I haven't and it's because I don't waste my time thinking of stuff that I know will be terrible.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's not awful but he has too much baggage (his accent, his appearance are too 'unique' and audiences would never believe it) to really bring anything to the role.

No, it's awful. It's absolutely awful. Are you kidding?

I'm sure a good director could get a very unique performance out of him. Would help if the role is written to cater to his abilities. It'd be memorable no matter what.

What abilities? What are we even talking about?

Tommy Wiseau cannot act. He has never been able to act. He should never act in any movie ever again and these kinds of videos should serve only as humor.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Forget him playing Joker, can we get him to write/direct The Batman instead?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Not a good actor by any sense, but he does seem bit of a crazy guy! So with right direction and editing...I'll take it!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
He's kind of overacting, I'd like to see him being a bit more naturalistic, and just being himself, that'd be far closer to the joker.

I'd still pick Eric Andre though.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's awful. It's absolutely awful. Are you kidding?

What abilities? What are we even talking about?

Tommy Wiseau cannot act. He has never been able to act. He should never act in any movie ever again and these kinds of videos should serve only as humor.

Movies are filled with people that can't act. That's nothing new. You can direct and edit a performance to get a desired result. In a lot of independent films they hire non-actors to get a specific performance.

In Tommy's case, he's a very unique person. He makes bizzare choices and has a vague accent. He's also very easy to go way over the top. You can get a good performance out of him, but you have to play to his personality. Film multiple takes with different line readings and cut those together. It could work, but you have to have a director that wants that kind of thing. You can't just put Tommy in The Dark Night or Burton's Batman.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Jared Leto had a good run as the best Joker. All things must come to an end I suppose.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I have pictured Tommy as a Joker before, but not like this. I was picturing Tommy being literally himself, but in Joker makeup. This, where he's trying to act, actually ruins it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
he actually seems crazy. like legitimately. lol

EDIT: still better than jared leto though...

Heisenberg726

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I fucking hate that this guy gets so much attention and love for putting out such a garbage film. Have I ever wondered what he would be like as The Joker? No, no I haven't and it's because I don't waste my time thinking of stuff that I know will be terrible.

The guy gets a lot of attention cause he's extremely interesting, weird, and has a good heart. Plus, his film is so bad it's a cultural phenomenon. The guy deserves the attention he gets to be honest, and I love him.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QbNQ_f-maxage-0.gif

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie. If all the fictional jokers were real, and for the sake of this argument were equally prone to violence, this is probably the Joker I'd be most afraid of being locked in a room with.

Last edited: