• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's okay to revive this…

Chiming in to say that the Renovation cart is indeed in stock, as I just ordered it, along with Piko 1. I've also ordered Gaelco 1, and have Jaleco 1 on preorder. Should be plenty to keep me busy when my Vs gets here on Sunday!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also quick update for anyone looking to order some carts from Castlemania. It took them a month to ship my order and I still haven't received it. They're mega backed up.

Includes 18 Capcom built-in

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy moly they just announced the EXP comes with 18 Capcom games built in! That was the surprise bonus!

View: https://youtu.be/Ljnes-4Ebb4
youtu.be

Evercade EXP - Capcom Built-in Games Reveal

18 games will be built-in to all Evercade EXP consoles from world famous publisher Capcom!Available November 24th, pre-order September 6th£129.99|$149.99|€14...

The full games list is:

● 1942 (Arcade version)

● 1943 (Arcade version)

● 1944 : The Loop Master (Arcade version)

● Bionic Commando™ (Arcade version)

● Captain Commando™ (Arcade version)

● Commando™ (Arcade version)

● Final Fight™ (Arcade version)

● Forgotten Worlds™ (Arcade version)

● Ghouls 'n Ghosts™ (Arcade version)

● Legendary Wings™ (Arcade version)

● MERCS (Arcade version)

● Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting (Arcade version)

● Strider (Arcade version)

● Vulgus™ (Arcade version)

● Mega Man (8-bit)

● Mega Man 2 (8-bit)

● Mega Man X (16-bit)

● Breath of Fire (16-bit)

5000 more EXP LE models to be produced

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also! The EXP LE is opening again for preorders after selling out. 5000 more to be produced.
Orders open Sept 6th for £180 at Funstock.

evercade-exp-limited-edition

Missed out on the Limited Edition? Sign up now for the latest news on availability! Even though the Evercade EXP Limited Edition has now sold out, there will be a period where stock may become available again due to changes of circumstances. Previously, we offered this on a first come, first...

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of cool, but I already have most of these titles on other platforms, so it's not enough for me to upgrade. I'm happy with my VS at the moment.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Capcom games are a massive win and exactly what a lot of people were hoping for, however it is disappointing that they are built in only and not a cartridge as that means you cant play them on the original evercade or the VS. It's also not clear if this is the first volume of a series of Capcom collections or if this is a one and done deal.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, a rised floating disc dpad. I hope its great for fighting games as was the saturn and og xbox controller s. The steamdeck dpad was a massive dissapointment.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
This is really cool news, and makes me glad I preordered the LE. Sure, I have most of these games in other formats, but it'll be neat to have them built into the EXP, and is a nice high-profile win for Evercade.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
The Capcom games are a massive win and exactly what a lot of people were hoping for, however it is disappointing that they are built in only and not a cartridge as that means you cant play them on the original evercade or the VS. It's also not clear if this is the first volume of a series of Capcom collections or if this is a one and done deal.

I agree. I would have bought a collection or two with these games, but not an entire system. Especially since I already own the original evercade and the VS.

Details on why they are built-in, hopes this opens the door to Capcom carts
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

For those that are asking, physical is still our primary outlet and we will continue to produce cartridges. This is specifically a bonus for the Evercade EXP and currently the only way we could bring Capcom to you at this time. We hope this opens the doors for future carts.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

For those that are asking, physical is still our primary outlet and we will continue to produce cartridges. This is specifically a bonus for the Evercade EXP and currently the only way we could bring Capcom to you at this time. We hope this opens the doors for future carts.

So... this was the only way we could do this, period, and if it (EXP) sells Capcom might play ball.
It's better than nothing, but I get the frustration.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
So... this was the only way we could do this, period, and if it (EXP) sells Capcom might play ball.
It's better than nothing, but I get the frustration.

I'm guessing the licensing deal was similar to that of Arcade1Up, and the games tied directly to the hardware fall under "toy" rather than a software license. Probably cheaper/less hoops.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I was already probably going to get an EXP just for the Irem and Toaplan collections + TATE mode but that massive collection of built in AAA Capcom games just sealed the deal. I already have both Capcom Capcom Arcade Stadiums and the Mega Man legacy collection but that is just too big of a bonus to pass up and a nice alternate way to have those respective games.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
Can you plug this one into a TV and play local multiplayer with two controllers?
Can't seem to find this out on the site, and I think it may be a dealbreaker for me if it doesn't do portable + multiplayer.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
"We hope to change it in the future" almost universally means "Go away and shut up".

If you don't own an Evercade the EXP might still be interesting but don't be surprised when next year there's an EXP2 that locks you out of games as well. And then your EXP1 dies and you lose them (there's no digital ownership record at all after all).

If it's even that long, the Vs is just over 6 months old.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Also! The EXP LE is opening again for preorders after selling out. 5000 more to be produced.
Orders open Sept 6th for £180 at Funstock.

evercade-exp-limited-edition

Missed out on the Limited Edition? Sign up now for the latest news on availability! Even though the Evercade EXP Limited Edition has now sold out, there will be a period where stock may become available again due to changes of circumstances. Previously, we offered this on a first come, first...
Thanks for this. Where on this page do we sign up. I couldn't find it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can you plug this one into a TV and play local multiplayer with two controllers?
Can't seem to find this out on the site, and I think it may be a dealbreaker for me if it doesn't do portable + multiplayer.
It definitely has a mini HDMI out but I don't know how the controllers work.
Thanks for this. Where on this page do we sign up. I couldn't find it.
Should be right at the top in a big blue box. Turn off your ad blocker if you're running one maybe. The page loads a little weird.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I think I'm more excited for this now than the MD Mini 2 after seeing the line-up for both. The form factor looks boring and cheap, but this thing has an allure that's hard for me to put my finger on.

DigitalDevil

Oct 25, 2017
Man this is awesome news! Can't wait to get my limited version in! And so happy more will get the chance to grab one!

Johnwess

Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if it is a mistake or not, but I was able to preorder the limited edition now.
funstock.co.uk

Evercade EXP Black Limited Edition

The Evercade EXP is the Ultimate package for Evercade fans and collectors. Complete with limited Edition Black console, this collection will be limited to only 5000 units and is available exclusively on Funstock. This is Retro Gaming, Levelled up!

CackleAndHide

Jan 17, 2018
I don't know if it is a mistake or not, but I was able to preorder the limited edition now.
funstock.co.uk

Evercade EXP Black Limited Edition

The Evercade EXP is the Ultimate package for Evercade fans and collectors. Complete with limited Edition Black console, this collection will be limited to only 5000 units and is available exclusively on Funstock. This is Retro Gaming, Levelled up!

Sold out again now but I managed to get an order in as well... we'll see if it goes through!

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered from nedgame.nl. Wish it was the black model, but I wasn't willing to pay extra back when that was up for preorder.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Funstock ships to North America.

As someone who lives in the US, I really recommend Funstock, even though they're in the UK. Their shipping is really reasonable, and they use Shop.com, so you get good updates on transit.

With the exchange rate to CAD$ it's around $294, plus duty/taxes if that's a thing. The extra $70 CAD for Toplan, the case and the black version of the handheld (which I very much prefer, but maybe not $70-prefer) is a tough pill to swallow, personally.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Decided against ordering. I have too many handhelds for my own good, including Analogue Pocket, Steam Deck and Playdate.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Just ordered my first Evercade cart, the Data East Arcade 1, since it is 50% off in Castlemania games. Going to slowly start getting some carts, not sure if I will go for the Evercade VS, but will definitvely preorder the EXP soon. Kinda surprised how small and niche this is, judging from how little used consoles and games pop up on ebay.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Still waiting for Amazon to put up EXP preorders. They already did the Toaplan and Irem carts, but not the hardware. Best Buy has it up but I'm a bit hesitant to get it there as they've had delays on their Evercade stuff in the past, plus the last few things I've gotten from them have had shipping issues.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I just saw @Wario64 post that preorders are up on Amazon and that was the first I heard of this. I pre-ordered but I'm not sure why or what the appeal of this is. What does this do better than, say, a Retroid? Are the cartridges any better quality or different than just an emulator?

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw @Wario64 post that preorders are up on Amazon and that was the first I heard of this. I pre-ordered but I'm not sure why or what the appeal of this is. What does this do better than, say, a Retroid? Are the cartridges any better quality or different than just an emulator?

Why would you preorder if you don't actually want one? The Evercade has licensed titles, so you don't have to resort to pirating the games, which I really like. Games becoming obsolete just a few years after they were released is something that really annoys me about the medium. The carts are affordable and curated, with some titles being pretty hard to find outside of the platform. You also get physical media, which is something a lot of people like. That's about it.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Why would you preorder if you don't actually want one? The Evercade has licensed titles, so you don't have to resort to pirating the games, which I really like. Games becoming obsolete just a few years after they were released is something that really annoys me abouth the medium. The carts are affordable and curated, with some titles being pretty hard to find outside of the platform. You also get physical media, which is something a lot of people like. That's about it.

I pre-ordered because I may want it and wouldn't want to miss out if it sells out. "Buy now, think later" has been a godsend of a mindset for me, especially when I can cancel the order in two taps on a screen if I decide against it.

I've already got an Analogue Pocket and Playdate coming this season, so I'm going to give this one more thought.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
The Evercade is certainly a niche product, and I have to be honest and say that sometimes I'm like, "I...don't really need this." That said, I like the curated carts. I've played so many games on my Evercade Vs. that I otherwise never would've heard of. Not all are great. In fact, some have been downright bad (looking at you, Dorke & Imp). But I've discovered some genuine gems. Having physical carts is a neat touch, too. And as far as the EXP goes, it was the Toaplan collection that sold me. They made some of my favorite games, so having the chance to support them and their legacy was appealing to me.

In the end, the Evercade is more of a "neat-o" thing for me, as where something like the Analogue Pocket (which I've preordered) is more of a "I need to have this" sorta device.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Heh. I just recieved my C64 cart, and when I booted up Subterranea I was greeted by "Cracked by Orion" in the scrolling message on the title screen. Didn't expect that.