• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choice?

• Soup

Votes: 474 60.0%
  • Salad

Votes: 316 40.0%

• Total voters

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Went with soup, more options for me and some of my favorite foods like clam chowder or lobster bisque are soups. Where as salads, meh.
Pretty much any food can be turned into a soup and it's delicious. But like… who has ever tried to make… pizza salad?
You could get all the elements of a pizza in both dishes but I'm taking a pizza salad over a pizza soup simply because of the versatility of salad. Toppings, sauce, cheese, crust is not hard to make a salad.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Cobb salad, steak salad, nacho salad, egg salad, tuna salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw, burrito bowls...

C'mon, this shouldn't be a contest.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
But like… who has ever tried to make… pizza salad?
www.simplyrecipes.com

The Pizza Salad Recipe That Fulfills All the Salad Cravings!

The best salads are ones with plenty of flavor and fun, and this pizza salad is just that. Featuring all your favorite pizza toppings in one big bowl, let’s dive in!
detoxinista.com

Easy Pizza Salad Recipe

Pizza Salad has all the pizza flavors you love, tossed in a delicious dressing that will make you want to lick your bowl clean!
cooking.nytimes.com

Pizza Salad Recipe

For pizza in salad form, this recipe tosses a crisp and briny mix of romaine lettuce, pepperoncini, black olives and red onion in a fresh, grated tomato vinaigrette Spicy pepperoni strips are sizzled until crisp; their zesty fat gets sopped up by toasty bread crumbs that are spiked with the...
iheartvegetables.com

Pizza Salad

This pizza salad has all your favorite toppings, served on a bed of lettuce. It's a great way to eat a rainbow of vegetables while enjoying the satisfying flavors of a tasty pizza!
iowagirleats.com

Pizza Salad - Iowa Girl Eats

Pizza Salad is a fresh and filling entree salad packed with pizza flavor. Homemade gluten-free croutons add a satisfying crunch.
etc

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
You could get all the elements of a pizza in both dishes but I'm taking a pizza salad over a pizza soup simply because of the versatility of salad. Toppings, sauce, cheese, crust is not hard to make a salad.

This is a good point, especially if it includes pizzas that are salads, like chicken Caesar salad pizza, but I think that's against my made up rules.

Pizza soup is fucking bomb tho, my mom used to make one when I was a kid and it was one of my favorites

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
www.simplyrecipes.com

The Pizza Salad Recipe That Fulfills All the Salad Cravings!

The best salads are ones with plenty of flavor and fun, and this pizza salad is just that. Featuring all your favorite pizza toppings in one big bowl, let’s dive in!
detoxinista.com

Easy Pizza Salad Recipe

Pizza Salad has all the pizza flavors you love, tossed in a delicious dressing that will make you want to lick your bowl clean!
cooking.nytimes.com

Pizza Salad Recipe

For pizza in salad form, this recipe tosses a crisp and briny mix of romaine lettuce, pepperoncini, black olives and red onion in a fresh, grated tomato vinaigrette Spicy pepperoni strips are sizzled until crisp; their zesty fat gets sopped up by toasty bread crumbs that are spiked with the...
iheartvegetables.com

Pizza Salad

This pizza salad has all your favorite toppings, served on a bed of lettuce. It's a great way to eat a rainbow of vegetables while enjoying the satisfying flavors of a tasty pizza!
iowagirleats.com

Pizza Salad - Iowa Girl Eats

Pizza Salad is a fresh and filling entree salad packed with pizza flavor. Homemade gluten-free croutons add a satisfying crunch.
etc

I'm sorry but I'm not trusting a recipe that says it makes me want to lick my hole clean. What weird shit are you salad people into

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Soup. Not that I don't like salads, but soup is one of the most comforting things to eat imo. I love making a chunky chicken noodle loaded with veggies like carrot, onion, celery, broccoli stalk and cabbage. I could probably eat that every day

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Soup voters, are you kidding me? Soup for every meal? Imagine drinking your food for the rest of your life.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I mean you can have salad and we have bread and whatever protein I guess (Falafel of faux whatever kebab for me), pickles, hot sauce, all the hummus/tahini sauce or whatever, stuffed veg, all the olives, sun dried tomato etc. I could and do live on that stuff.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Soup voters, are you kidding me? Soup for every meal? Imagine drinking your food for the rest of your life.

I mean the rules weren't specified so in theory meats, pasta, and rice all exist in soup. Or is that cheating? Lol.

I made taco soup before and it had ground beef in it. 🤷🏾

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Salad. Basicaly means eating leafy greens with all your food. You can put all sorts of differents things in one.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I summon Merriam-Webster to help me with this decision.

Soup:
1: a liquid food especially with a meat, fish, or vegetable stock as a base and often containing pieces of solid food
Salad:
1: any of various usually cold dishes: such as
a: raw greens (such as lettuce) often combined with other vegetables and toppings and served especially with dressing
b: small pieces of food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, or vegetables) usually mixed with a dressing (such as mayonnaise) or set in gelatin

This is a tough choice. However based upon these definitions, I feel soup offers me the greater variety of choices as I only need a liquid where as salads limits me to cold dishes and that sucks.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Soup is kind of the perfect food. Runs the gambit from light to hearty, can be served either cold or hot, hydrates you while you eat.

If I was on death row I think a bowl of matzo ball soup might be my last meal.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Salad ranks pretty high up on my list of "If you can only eat one food for the rest of your life" list, so this is a no-brainer for me.

My mom still loves talking about how I was the only elementary school kid who would make salads for after-school snack.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
61C0Q9e.png

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I summon Merriam-Webster to help me with this decision.

Soup:

Salad:

This is a tough choice. However based upon these definitions, I feel soup offers me the greater variety of choices as I only need a liquid where as salads limits me to cold dishes and that sucks.
That "usually cold" does some heavy lifting. Cooked and still warm chicken on top of some greens with some salad dressing is pretty good.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Salad. What defines a salad is EXTREMELY variable and you can do much much more with it lol.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Does chili count as a soup? I think it does. And if you can spin chili as a soup, what's stopping you from considering a saucy goulash or hot dish soup? We're dealing with classic soup-creep.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Does chili count as a soup? I think it does. And if you can spin chili as a soup, what's stopping you from considering a saucy goulash or hot dish soup? We're dealing with classic soup-creep.

Chili's a stew, but ultimately the only distinction between a stew and a soup is how watery the final dish is. Have some chili? Add water—now you have chili soup. That's the thing with soup—literally any food becomes soup with enough water incorporated.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
Watching my sodium intake so if I have control over the prep, I'd go with soup. If not, salad. If I can't even control the dressing situation, fuck it all, back to soup.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'll go with salad. You can put just about anything in those.

Where are we at with stir fries? Salad or not?

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Texturally speaking, I need some crunch in my food. And there is no crunch on soup.

Croutons and imitation bacon bits only last so long