• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choice?

• Soup

Votes: 474 60.0%
  • Salad

Votes: 316 40.0%

• Total voters

Berry Pie

Nov 29, 2022
Is it a loophole to include noodle dishes that include soups -- but then getting dry versions of them, thus unlocking many other noodle dishes?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i think it depends on the primary weather

if its mostly cold, soup for sure. hot soup on a cold day is perfection. yeah yeah fuck gazpacho ok its rare to get a good cold soup

if you live in very hot or humid climates, a nice salad can be amazing. soup on a hot day is rarely gonna be enjoyable. sometimes if you are in the right mood, sure, but if you just come in from walking in 110 heat, which i have done many times, you don't want soup. you probably don't want much salad either (sushi is awesome!) but a great cold salad with tomatoes can be great.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
Soup, easily. I dont like salad.

I wonder how much gravy you need to add to a curry to make it technically a soup…

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
if chili counts as a soup then soup.
if not, i could probably get by on chicken caesar salads forever. Just gotta change up the base. romaine one day, spinach the next, throw some mixed greens in there. I'd be aight.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Take a ribeye and slice it up and put it over a piece of iceberg lettuce and you get a salad.

Droopy_McCool

Dec 13, 2023
giphy.gif

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Do I need to buy, maintain and prep the ingredients for the meals? If so, soup. It keeps much longer. I would prefer salads but I can't keep my veggies fresh and hate shopping multiple times a week.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I hit soup with confidence, but upon further thought I had to change my vote to salad. I mean, you can make practically anything a salad!

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Salad.

All my favorite things (steak, seared ahi, shellfish) can be put on a salad. Not so much on a soup. (Seared ahi and steak would be gross boiled, etc)

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Salads no question. I have to eat more soup than I care to or it isn't all that filling. Also, making a variety of tasty salads is far easier, and Grocery store + fast food Salads destroy comparable soup options.

Easy choice.

blainethemono

Oct 27, 2017
some places will let you get the salad in a tortilla wrap if you want. honey buffalo chicken wrap with bacon and blue cheese crumbles

SinOfHeart

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Salad.

I am weird and don't enjoy hot food (warm is fine, but not hot). Soup is basically always served scaldingly hot, and I hate dealing with it. Also, being vegetarian, the amount of interesting vegetarian soup is fairly limited vs the options for salad.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Came in here expecting to vote soup, but ended up voting salad. I can have so many more things I currently enjoy in salad form. Yeah you can chuck the same things into soup, but it fundamentally changes things. Fried chicken, steak, even things like Korean BBQ can be made into a salad so much easier without distorting the flavor or experience.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I hate the very concept of soup, food should NEVER be a liquid. But a salad can be glorious, healthy one day and full of crazy stuff the other.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Although I love a good Caesar salad...and can't get that with a soup.

This for me. I REALLY like a good Caesar....but that's like........the ONLY salad that I like.

Whereas soups I'm just.....fine with. But I enjoy a lot more variety of.

I guess my vote will end up being soup lol

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Soup seems more versatile if we're stretching the definition.

Most crock pot recipes are often just kind of dry stews. Pot roast with carrots and potatoes is just a form of beef stew with less water.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Soup seems more versatile if we're stretching the definition.

Most crock pot recipes are often just kind of dry stews. Pot roast with carrots and potatoes is just a form of beef stew with less water.
Salad is way more versatile than people think especially since OP didn't specify garden salads. There's literally a million salads you can fuck with before you even get to boring lettuce based salads.

Egg Salad, Potato Salad, Macaroni/Pasta Salad, Chicken Salad, Cookie Salad, Fattoush, Fruit Salad, Acar, Bean Salad i can go on for 100 other non-garden based salads just off the top of my head. People need to think beyond cobb salads here and even when you begin to get board with all of that you can literally put whatever you want on a salad.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Tough call. Soups have a higher floor, but salads have a higher ceiling. If this is some gourmet shit then I'd pick salads. If this is more average restaurant fare I'd go soups.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I prefer soups, easily, but as my only food?

Salads are much more diverse, and have a much better nutritional balance. You can actually live off of them.

As delicious as soups are, they're much more limited.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i feel like i could eat a caesar salad or a nice soup for every meal