Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Enjoy the first-ever gameplay from Evil Genius 2: World Domination, the comedic strategy game from Rebellion where you plot out your supervillain lair for maximum evil efficiency. Evil Genius 2 will be released for PC via Steam on March 30.

Gosh, this is such a throwback. I loved the original and have wanted to see a sequel for years!

Last edited:

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Lots of fun memories playing the original game so eagerly anticipating seeing more impressions and previews leading up to release.

Some of the trap networks you could design were pretty hilarious to watch when they panned out as planned.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Dansgaming got to play the game for few hours. He is big fan of first game.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
From what I've seen, it does seem to be at the very least a modern update of the original game. Tutorial seems quite long and rigid, but it can probably be turned off. Nothing seems too dissimilar to the first game.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of the original. Really liked that stream. Love like now we have story snippets with the leaders.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I watched a few minutes of the stream, and it does look neat. Hey, does anyone know if, unlike Dungeon Keeper, you can delete excavated rooms and fill them back up with dirt? I can't remember if this was allowed in EG1 either, haha!

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should know Brian blessed voices one of the leaders this time.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I watched a few minutes of the stream, and it does look neat. Hey, does anyone know if, unlike Dungeon Keeper, you can delete excavated rooms and fill them back up with dirt? I can't remember if this was allowed in EG1 either, haha!

Iirc you demolish the room it self think you had to demolish a whole room and not just a section but I could be wrong

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
the tutorial can be skipped entirely ☺ Glad to see some excitement here!

oh hey there :p
For which platforms besides PC is the game coming on March 30? Is there going to be controller support (PC) and is the game announced for more platforms after launch?

Game looks great, hopefully it'll also add some cool stuff but for now I'm happy it sticks close to the og formula, love that we're getting leader's story snippets and I love all the attention to detail and animations!

you guys never fixed SE2's gyro being busted on NSW lite booooo :P
Red Ivan!

He's moved up in the world from being a Henchman. ...still a little too happy to shoot rockets indoors.

Looks fantastic

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Keen for this, the UI looks comfy and smooth, which is something you can't say for most games these days.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
oh hey there :p
For which platforms besides PC is the game coming on March 30? Is there going to be controller support (PC) and is the game announced for more platforms after launch?

Game looks great, hopefully it'll also add some cool stuff but for now I'm happy it sticks close to the og formula, love that we're getting leader's story snippets and I love all the attention to detail and animations!

you guys never fixed SE2's gyro being busted on NSW lite booooo :P

Looks fantastic

Hello!

-EG2 has only been announced for PC :)
-It has full controller support! And supports the Xbox Adaptive Controller too :)
-We tried and couldn't find a fix for SE2 Switch from what I remember :(

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Red Ivan!

He's moved up in the world from being a Henchman. ...still a little too happy to shoot rockets indoors.

ahha, the trailer is so funny.
I only know Brian Blessed from warhamemr 2 voicing the Gotrek LL and his acting is really on point.
Red Ivan sounds great!
Beaten while at work. It's who I'm gonna play as considering Shen Yu does not appear to be in this and he was my main last game. I'm assuming he would come off to much as a steriotype these days.
I haven't played EG1 yet , i didn't even know it existed.
Might play it after i play EG2.

I wonder if the DLC chars will be the old chars reworked.
Hello!

-EG2 has only been announced for PC :)
-It has full controller support! And supports the Xbox Adaptive Controller too :)
-We tried and couldn't find a fix for SE2 Switch from what I remember :(
I'm happy we have someone from rebelion here!

If possible for you to divulge do you have a the hour of release date? Tuesday i work from 08:00 to 20:00 so i'd love to jsut remote my desktop to install the game so that i can give it a run at night.

V_Ben

Larian Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
St Albans, UK
ahha, the trailer is so funny.
I only know Brian Blessed from warhamemr 2 voicing the Gotrek LL and his acting is really on point.
Red Ivan sounds great!

I haven't played EG1 yet , i didn't even know it existed.
Might play it after i play EG2.

I wonder if the DLC chars will be the old chars reworked.

I'm happy we have someone from rebelion here!

If possible for you to divulge do you have a the hour of release date? Tuesday i work from 08:00 to 20:00 so i'd love to jsut remote my desktop to install the game so that i can give it a run at night.

We do! 4pm UK time on March 30th is when it comes out :)

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
It does, doesn't it? I'm honestly conflicted about which Evil Genius to start out with...

Because Maximillian is old-school and that's fun in itself. Red Ivan could be fun for a take over the world by force game, but I think he's a second game pick. Haven't seen much about Zalika, but she's the science one, so that's fun.

But then there's Emma...

She's amazing. Also confirms John Steele is back. I hope we get to fire him into space again...

Max or Emma for the first game. That's a hard pick.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
V_Ben thanks for the reply mate. No demo has been announced, right?

Do we have recommended specs for 1080p/60? I doubt the game is going to be super taxing but dunno cpu/ram wise, my 2018 Huawei laptop is very basic.

It does, doesn't it? I'm honestly conflicted about which Evil Genius to start out with...

Because Maximillian is old-school and that's fun in itself. Red Ivan could be fun for a take over the world by force game, but I think he's a second game pick. Haven't seen much about Zalika, but she's the science one, so that's fun.

But then there's Emma...

She's amazing. Also confirms John Steele is back. I hope we get to fire him into space again...

Yep, Maximilian for a 1st playthrough and Emma for a second one, of course I'll do them all :)

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Looking at the changes for the new game, I think I'm tied between two major changes for my favorites.

1. The freezer room is gone, long live the incinerator!
In EG1, every time you killed an enemy agent, you had to store their body in the freezer room. The ever expanding freezer room. Now they just get burned.

2. One island, but many floors.
We don't swap islands midway in this one, but we do get to make an evil basement... or upper floors.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
We do! 4pm UK time on March 30th is when it comes out :)
Thank you! added to my calendar.
I look forward to playing the game! I wish you sucessful luanch!
Some of them are actually from the old game: Maximilian is the only returning Evil Genius but Ivan was originally a Henchman. Two early Henchmen, Jubei and Eli Barracuda, were also initial henchmen in the original.
Cool. I wonder if the devs can keep the evil charm going with the DLC chars. I really think they nailed the animations and atmosphere from what we have seen.
Do we know how many henchmen we can recruit?
And how many there are in total?

But then there's Emma...

I'm starting with Zalika; tech and traps are my jam.
Tempted to start with Red Ivan due to Brian Blessed VA.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the changes for the new game, I think I'm tied between two major changes for my favorites.

1. The freezer room is gone, long live the incinerator!
In EG1, every time you killed an enemy agent, you had to store their body in the freezer room. The ever expanding freezer room. Now they just get burned.

2. One island, but many floors.
We don't swap islands midway in this one, but we do get to make an evil basement... or upper floors.

I mean...The freezer room was somewhat a pain in the ass but that was the point.
And changing islands was a good thing, you could learn from your previous mistakes and starting again felt fresh and good.

Overall there are a few things worrying me about this sequel, but since it exists...

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Cool. I wonder if the devs can keep the evil charm going with the DLC chars. I really think they nailed the animations and atmosphere from what we have seen.
Do we know how many henchmen we can recruit?
And how many there are in total?

I've vaguely heard you can have 5 at any one time, with about 7 having been revealed so far (Jubei, Eli Barracuda Jr., Full Metal Jackie, Incendio, I.R.I.S, Janet Bombe and an as yet unnamed big game hunter).

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see some excitement here!

It was one of my favorite games as a kid, played it a lot with Ghost Master. I remember stumbling on the sequel and being so happy as its one of those games I had always hopped for a sequel but never expected to get one at this point. Best part is it looks like a a sequel you would get a few years after the game came out that improves everything.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Evil Genius has been my go to example for a game that could be amazing if it got a sequel that understood the appeal of it, but smoothed out the rough edges it had. It didn't quite stick the landing, but it was tantalizingly close.

So here's Evil Genius 2, which looks to be that sequel. And I'm looking forward to playing it. It's right up to Easter, too. We'll see about this so-called "Good" Friday. Yes, we'll see about it indeed...

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
With a week to go, there's a new trailer out. Asking the most important question:

Who do you pick?

Also it seems like each Evil Genius has a unique lair room and if I understand correctly, different campaigns with different objectives, too?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm not sure which one to start with! It seems like Maximilian will be the most "beginner friendly" being an all-rounder, but Emma sounds really fun.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'm not sure which one to start with! It seems like Maximilian will be the most "beginner friendly" being an all-rounder, but Emma sounds really fun.
I'm leaning Max first, too. He has a lead on minion count, and can instantly train minions if he goes there in person. That, in my head, translates to "Maximilian recovers from setbacks the fastest." Which is a very good trait for learning the game.

Still, Emma, though. "Dislikes: The Wolrd" is a very interesting personality quirk for her. Combined with her "They're all dust, they just don't know it yet!" line from her reveal trailer... I'm thinking she might not want to take over as much as destroy the world. That could be fun.