• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
EVO-STREAM-072818.png

More at Shoryuken

Cool to see the Smash and SC6 exhibitions on Friday got a slot, wonder if the DOA6 exhibition will be one of the featured side events (hopefully).

edit:
Thought that was already known when SFV was chosen as the final spot but:
Also, SFV:AE will likely be aired on ESPN2 again this year.
edit2:
the VF5FS side event got enough entrants to have top 4 streamed on the side stage :D
https://smash.gg/tournament/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-side-tourney-evo-2018/details
i'm really happy about this, and there are some amazing players registered. itazan, homestay akira, shou, gentleman thief, renzo, flash, adamYuki...

Last edited:

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Naming two channels "evo" and "evo1" is not confusing at all

Weird that BBCTB is Saturday and GG is Sunday, I guess they wanted to put the flashier game of the two on Sunday.

TGBert

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait! Like the OP, I am excited about the "upcoming games" exhibitions for SSBMU and SCVI!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap! It's this weekend?!

I must have been out of the loop. Looking forward to this as well as any previews on Sunday

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
nice slot for melee. allows me to go grab some food during tekken and be back in time for fighterz.

TGBert

Oct 30, 2017

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
SFV comes on 10:30est..
They really need to change the final day to 3 games instead of 5, or run 2 top 8 against each other...

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would have flipped them as well, promoting the newer game on Finals day, especially since it seems to have the more entrants.

Yeah it does have more entrants.

A theory I have is that there's gonna be a GG announcement (new DLC or whatever), hence the Sunday slot.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's this weekend?

I guess my Sunday plans are now set

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, it's really nice that they're gonna give side events some coverage on the main streams!

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
So many streams going on at once. It's going to be impossible to keep up.

Good thing I'm going to be working all weekend! I won't be able to watch any of them.

...I hate my job so damn much.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise it was this weekend. Guess I'm not getting much done.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Great looking Sunday. SFV and DBFZ are likely gonna be great, Xrd always has some great moments, I enjoy the fuck out of Melee, and Tekken 7 is hype af to watch even though I don't enjoy actually playing it.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the fall from grace.

Not really. Melee was pretty much the Sunday game in EVO for many years. When Smash 4 was on the main stage, it was just to mix things up a bit. When it comes to Melee though, it is usually seen as one of the big highlights of Sunday (although one could argue that it did get knocked down a peg since it isn't the 2nd to last game anymore like what we've seen for all prior years).

Either way though, we got some damn good fighting games on standby and alot to look forward to for not just possible new information, but also so A-Class fights.